Thinking about moving looking for some advice on grisby/louth areas

hi all we live in birmingham at the moment with 6 kids not far from the city centre and to be honest weve had enough of it, we want to bring our kids up near the coast so were looking at grimsby, louth, mablethorpe areas am wondering if there are any members from these areas that can fill us in on the areas themselves to help us choose, thank you

Cleethorps is quite nice, Louth is great for racing because its next to Cadwell park (my wife saw me win there first time she ever saw me race) Lincolnshire is a nice place in general.

gunther wrote:

Cleethorps is quite nice, Louth is great for racing because its next to Cadwell park (my wife saw me win there first time she ever saw me race) Lincolnshire is a nice place in general.

thanks gunther, we are deffo gonna move that way its just a big decision cause all weve every really known is birmingham but i can see my kids having a better upbringing up there after looking at some of the kids by me

Avoid Immingham lol (apologies to anyone from Immingham}

And Grimsby, it's not good, as Gunther says quite nice in other places, some lovely countryside too

I worked in Immingham but stayed in Cleethorpes as opposed to Grimsby, much more pleasant and good on a night too

gunther wrote:

cleethorpes - nice 0_o must be kidding!

depends on what you are looking for in those areas.

public transport isnt that good especially louth and mablethorpe, and employment is a little tricky. housing can also be expensive to rent/ but (but it all depends really)

i'm from that area and have added you as a friend if you wanna chat privatley i may be able to help more, just a little uneasy of talking so publically what with the areas being small communities and all that.

Abacus..north or south of the city centre?

Anyway, you wanna get yourself all the way down south to the coast, it's pretty here :)

sweetlove666 wrote:

its a long time 1987 since i was there but i enjoyed it ...maybe just being there mon to fri changes how you see it

gunther wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

its a long time 1987 since i was there but i enjoyed it ...maybe just being there mon to fri changes how you see it

definatley. major drugs trade and body parts turning up on the beach makes it a little less pretty

skegness would be beter for holidays

Try a bit further north and go to Bridlington or Scarborough