Thoughts?

I made a post yesterday because I'm exceedingly new to sex toys and really need some help/advice/recommendations (don't laugh, we all have to start somewhere;)) I was just wondering if anyone had tried this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34717 and what they thought? There are only 3 reviews and I'd like a couple more, particularly about how loud it is because I live in student accomodation so subtlety is key ! X

I personally haven't use this one but I have one very similar.

Seeing as it's only 2 AA batteries, this isn't going to be very powerful. However, if you're a first time user this might not be a bad thing as you can build up intensity.

In terms of sound, mine isn't the worst but it certainly isn't the quietest. Particularly on higher settings. Mine is probably slightly more powerful though as it has 3 AA. Sorry I can't be more help.x

bex1213 wrote:

Seeing as it's only 2 AA batteries, this isn't going to be very powerful. However, if you're a first time user this might not be a bad thing as you can build up intensity.

In terms of sound, mine isn't the worst but it certainly isn't the quietest. Particularly on higher settings. Mine is probably slightly more powerful though as it has 3 AA. Sorry I can't be more help.x

No no!! Everything is welcome! What do you use?X

For £3 you can't really go wrong. I think a few people recommended the silencer one which is prob best if noise is your main concern. I'm more of a dildo girl myself unless it's just a clit vibrator as I'm not keen on the sensations of it vibrating inside me.
While I was at uni I just used to put music on 😉 and a few weeks into our first term all the girls in my dorm went sex toy shopping together after getting drunk and talking about it the night before 😂 so I was a lot less bothered about it after that

I haven't used that one, but I'm also in student accommodation and can get awya with this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14042

Bit of a jump in price but it's so worth it and my favourite toy (I own a big sports ball full...)

I would say that on its highest intensity it's no louder than an electric toothbrush (if you have one to know) which isn't that loud really. I purchased something almost identical and it was great for getting me started on vibrators. Hope this helps x

Sorry I have not used this one myself so I couldn't comment on the noise aspect. I have used similar but in my experience I wasn't really blown away by these as personally I prefer more friction from the material when using internally, it would be fine for clit stimulation tho. But tbh I would go for the tracie cox one personally for that.

There is a quiet vibrator listed on here which I am dying to try and I believe it is in the sale atm. I can understand the need to be discreet so make that the priority. There are some great reviews for this though I know it may look a little daunting for someone fairly new to toys.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16603

This would be my choice as it also has multiple settings so you can start off low and turn it up as you get used to it.

Again this is just my opinion tho xx

Oh I was going to suggest that one too Bex84! Especially as it's in the sale. I have to admit I haven't tried it myself but the reviews have made me want one...I'll be adding it to my ever growing wish list lol.

Good luck with whatever you choose I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 😉

oohlalalucy wrote:

bex1213 wrote:

No no!! Everything is welcome! What do you use?X

It's not on LH so I'm bound by the rules I'm afraid.

I'm still pushing the silencer for quietness though like yesterday. Did you buy anything in the end?x

I saw that the other night and considered it as a gift for my wife. i ended up buying her this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2065 so will see her reaction when we try it out. I did buy her a bullet which has layed dormant as she isnt keen on toys. Really wanted to buy her this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=410 but ordered the wrong item.

Yummymummy :-* wrote:

Oh I was going to suggest that one too Bex84! Especially as it's in the sale. I have to admit I haven't tried it myself but the reviews have made me want one...I'll be adding it to my ever growing wish list lol.

Good luck with whatever you choose I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 😉

This is def on my wish list too

This was my first vibrator: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=319

i wouldn't say its exceptionally quiet, but with the speed being adjustable I found you could have it turned right down and it's fairly quiet. Unfortunately I tend to end up turning up as I can't bare it staying on the slow setting.

I found my rabbit to be much quieter, and often find I just use the rabbit part of it as it is a lot quieter than the vibrator. Although I often go back to that first vibrator.

I live in a house with children LOL... not exactly the same but if you are worried about noise levels I guess turn on some music. anything that has a vibrating feature is going to create a bit of buzz, pesonally I do not own that specific toy so I cant comment but a lot of people speak highly of the silencer so that may be a good bet but I doubt the one you tagged is much louder than a pocket rocket or something similiar which I find an easy noise to mask.

BTW WELCOME to Lovehoney and sex toys. We are all here to help as best we can, i wish I would have had discovered all this when I was younger.

Thank you all so much for your replies!! It's embarrassing how new I am to all this - do people prefer bullets/vibrators/dildos? Tell me all you know! x

oohlalalucy wrote:

Thank you all so much for your replies!! It's embarrassing how new I am to all this - do people prefer bullets/vibrators/dildos? Tell me all you know! x

Depends on my mood. I'm a fan of a rabbit clitoral vibrator used with a bulbous glass dildo. Can't get enough!!!

Also just got turned onto glass butt plugs.

Don't be embarrassed. We all started knowing nothing. That's what we're here for!x

That is an incredibly hard question to answer. I have a range of all and it is just whatever the mood takes. The best thing imo is to have a range of toys so you have a choice lol

Plus some toys are quicker than others in getting you to orgasm so a choice is good lol

bex1213 wrote:

oohlalalucy wrote:

Depends on my mood. I'm a fan of a rabbit clitoral vibrator used with a bulbous glass dildo. Can't get enough!!!

Also just got turned onto glass butt plugs.

Don't be embarrassed. We all started knowing nothing. That's what we're here for!x

Holy cow, I don't even know what a 'bulbous glass dildo' is good lord x

you guys are so amazing

Lovehoney has a section on this website that explains the various types of toys and materials with videos you may find that helpful... it is the Lovehoney TV tab I believe.