Time for a change

WandA wrote:

Jamba wrote:

GRRRrrrrrr... just been taling to my Mentor and looking at my contract. If I resign on this Monday I will have to work until Easter. That's 2 whole months in a job I know I don't want to do anymore. External Media

Shoot me now.

If that is the case is it worth sticking it out until the end of the year?

Sorry Jamba!

Yep... all teachers have to work one full year... are you doing GTP training... if thats the case I'd finish it off and then you're fully qualified if you ever change your mind.. serious SEN/PRU.... is a different kettle of fish...

Jamba wrote:

GRRRrrrrrr... just been taling to my Mentor and looking at my contract. If I resign on this Monday I will have to work until Easter. That's 2 whole months in a job I know I don't want to do anymore. External Media

Shoot me now.

You might as well stick it 'til May if you have to be there until easter! Get a qualification out of it at least.

I'm sorry you're having such a shit time of it at the moment. But remember it's only a year of your life. You're still at an age where you can "start again" and it not impact too detrimentally on your career so that's obviously very positive.

I do know how you feel though. Before I got my place for further study, I was terrified. I've never known what I wanted to do - I was always told "you're smart enough to do anything you want" so it was impossible to narrow it down. I wanted to be a doctor at one point but decided I couldn't hack the hard work for 5 years (then I've ended up doing a 3 year degree and 4 year postgrad study) and my mum was gutted when I told her I didn't want to do it any more. I picked my degree based on what I enjoyed hoping it'd eventually lead to a career and I always wanted to do a PhD so I could "stay in education" for a long time and suss out what I wanted to do. Turns out though, I love being in a lab and I really can't see my self doing anything else! I was terrified before getting my place as I thought "shit, if I can't do this, I really have no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life".

It's worth trying to figure out what you really, really love though, I'm so excited for my career to start because I know I'm going to love it. Can't wait to start my postgrad study and am really excited for my future now! I'm so much happier now I've sussed out what I'm good at/enjoy! So it's definitely worth taking time to figure it out. It's better to spend a while now sussing it out, than to go down the wrong path and end up starting from scratch again! In the meantime, I can't stress enough giving everything you enjoy a go! We've been going to allsorts this year (started Chinese lessons, go to Skeptic talks etc.) because 1) it strengthens your CV and 2) it gives you a chance to try out things you enjoy!

All the best!

Adxx