Big changes

Just handed in my notice at work.

For those of you who don't know, I am leaving my highly paid but very stressful job and the only trade I know to move back to my mum's and do a degree in mathematics. This move is also a distance of 400 miles, from England back to Scotland.

Big changes a-happening

Excited and sh***ing myself at the same time (sorry if I offended with the profanities!!)

x..x

Oh wow, that is so exciting HI! And good on you for having the balls to make a major life change in order to make yourself happy. Do you have an end goal, something you'd like to go on to after your degree? So happy for you hun, I hope it all works out wonderfully x

good lucky and i wish you well in the future xx

Good luck! 3 years ago I left my badly paid and boring job to do an English degree in the hope of improving my future job prospects. I'm now planning to move from the south of England to North Wales in a few weeks to do my Masters so maybe I sort of understand what you're going through! Although my situation is slightly different to yours in that I will know nobody in North Wales at all...

Good luck with the maths degree! I warn you in advance.... Chaos Theory is confusing.

Hopefully going to be a secondary school teacher but that may change as I progress through my degree - maths opens so many doors!

Good luck! :D xx

Zaquiel wrote:

Good luck with the maths degree! I warn you in advance.... Chaos Theory is confusing.

thus being called Chaos theory!? :P

hope you learn to differentiate and integrate in your new place (mahs was my fave subject)

Hthanks Gunther - I appreciate the use of maths terminology :)

Zaquiel - have you done a maths or maths based degree? Thanks for the tip

Thanks for all your support guys, nice to hear from those who have made similar life changing decisions

x..x

Good luck, you will never know if you never try these things!! All the best!!

x

Thank you dee :) x..x

My only experience of Inverness was getting a ridiculous number of punctures ha ha ha in my driving life I have had 4 and 3 were in or around Inverness I love Old Pulteney Whiskey so I will forgive.

ha ha, why thank you Gunther, I always love hearing stories from people who have visited Inverness - it's rare that people even know where it is!!

H insatiable I worked for 9 months in Wick and 3 months in Tain so I frequently passed through

WeeSteve wrote:

Zaquiel wrote:

thus being called Chaos theory!? :P

True,

Highly_Insatiable wrote:

Zaquiel - have you done a maths or maths based degree? Thanks for the tip

I'm heading off to do a Meteorology degree next academic year and I am currently working on a reasearch project entitiled "How is Chaos Theory used to predict hurricanes" My poor brain has been reduced to goop.

Wow - I don't envy you but also I am intrigued! Meteorology is fascinating, good on you for going for it :)

Highly_Insatiable wrote:

Wow - I don't envy you but also I am intrigued! Meteorology is fascinating, good on you for going for it :)

Thanks, this will be my second trip through the system, maybe I'll get a degree this time around. Maybe I'll actually get a degree by the time I turn 30.

I don't think we need to answer that one A_A lol!

Although, your alternative is more fun!

Thank you :) x..x