UPDATE: Finally free!

I posted a thread earlier this year asking for help as I was in an awful job and being bullied by my manager.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm now free and in a new career that I enjoy and feel valued in. I'm truly grateful for the kind words and support I received from both forum members and Lovehoney staff. It helped me to find the strength to cope with those last few terrible months and to take up friends and family on offers of help so that I could leave sooner. I used to read your comments during my breaks to help me get through the rest of my shift and I really appreciated how you didn't make me feel weak for ending up in the position I was in.

In case anyone's wondering, I decided not to take action against my employer. I found out that numerous previous employees had complained and followed the proper procedures etc and it changed nothing as there's corruption the whole way up the chain. I decided to let it go and focus on my own and wellbeing and let my happiness and success be my revenge instead of dragging out a painful procedure that I'd gain nothing from.

If anyone else is in that situation now please don't be scared to seek support and I hope you can make your escape too x

I remember this! I'm so glad to here that you're finally free and happy in a new place that values you :) all the best! X

Good for you! I was in the same situation last year, the problems sapped what energy I did have, in the end I finished on ill health grounds. Good luck in you new job. xx

Thank you so much for updating us, I often wondered how you were getting on but didn't want to bring it all up and risk upsetting you . I'm so very pleased that you found the courage to get away from that truly horrible situation. No one should have to put with being treated like that. You sound so different, confident and upbeat. Good on you for finding your inner strength.

You are obviously a very strong and determined woman and its that strength and determination that has enabled to make such a courageous decision. So pleased that you have now happiness :) xx

BigBouncyBunny wrote:

Good for you! I was in the same situation last year, the problems sapped what energy I did have, in the end I finished on ill health grounds. Good luck in you new job. xx

I had a similar issue with my last science job. Ended up not wanting to go into work, which normally isn't me at all. Just got completely demoralised with the place itself...felt like a prison camp, work was a major pain in the arse. Too many hoops to jump through and no morale within the team...ended up on sick leave for a month, then made the decision to resign, and best decision I ever made. Was so not worth messing my health up for. And to be honest don't care what anyone thought of me, for leaving the way I did. None of their business. What really touched me was, the day I left one of the security guys gave me a hug, and wished me luck in the future. Guess he could see I had been unhappy there for a while...

Really happy for you! Hope it's all onwards and upwards for you from here :)

BIG Smile and virtual hugs! You deserve this.

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

I posted a thread earlier this year asking for help as I was in an awful job and being bullied by my manager.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm now free and in a new career that I enjoy and feel valued in. I'm truly grateful for the kind words and support I received from both forum members and Lovehoney staff. It helped me to find the strength to cope with those last few terrible months and to take up friends and family on offers of help so that I could leave sooner. I used to read your comments during my breaks to help me get through the rest of my shift and I really appreciated how you didn't make me feel weak for ending up in the position I was in.

In case anyone's wondering, I decided not to take action against my employer. I found out that previous employees had complained and followed the proper procedures etc and it changed nothing as there's corruption the whole way up the chain. I decided to let it go and focus on my own and wellbeing and let my happiness and success be my revenge instead of dragging out a painful procedure that I'd gain nothing from.

If anyone else is in that situation now please don't be scared to seek support and I hope you can make your escape too x

Good on you Ruby. I think the corruption up the whole chain thing is quite common. In some organisations it's quite clear how some people get to the 'top' if you catch my drift. I'd rather scratch my own eyes out than sleep with the 'enemy'. Bullies will always be bullies. They got away with it at school, so think they can get away with it in the work place. Really dislike crony-ism. Lovehoney didn't come across that way on the TV show, so hope it is a good environment for you folk that work there. If I still lived in Bath...

I remember this too. I'm so happy for you Ruby *sprinkles fairy dust everywhere* :D xx

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments everyone! I love this place ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

Good for you ,hope everything is going well.

Glad things worked out for you xx

Ahhh hun this makes me so happy i have been thinking about this whole thing very often!

Congrats and i wish you all the best! :)

I am so pleased that you have got out of there and away from those horrid people. I only hope I can move jobs soon, the 12.5 hr shifts are killing me, and it seems no one seems to care. (At work, not here people here are very supportive)

Good luck and keep smiling.

Brilliant Ruby. 👍🏼 x

Well Done You, onwards and upwards now

Well done, you must feel so free now.

Congrats xx

Well done. I remember your post. It is reassuring that many with similar stories come through to a more positive future. It is horrible to go through but determination gets you there in the end.

Glad things worked out for you and you're out of that situation! Happy for you xx

Congrats and well done to you!!!

It truly takes a strong person to get out of a sittuation such as yours or a similar personal relationship.

Good luck in your current career, and future endevours xx