Turned On - conscious or subconscious?

JuicyJ89 wrote:

Sometimes it just happens! I have had a few twinges when mixing a cake before and there is nothing sexy about that!

Oh, I don't know, all that dough and such, swirling around in the bowl, getting all sticky and mixing together....plus, what sort of cake was it? I need details now!

CheekyGirl18 wrote:

I struggle at times so get where original poster is coming from but my health issues dont help my sex drive at times. I can even struggle to maintain my mood and even finish up. As a woman it is embarrassing and strange to lose interest half way throught but unless I let go or make effort to stay in mood it doesnt happen :(

I can certainly empathise with that - not only do I have to let myself get aroused in the first place, but like yourself I too have to concentrate on maintaining that particular mood.

I have fallen asleep 'during' on more than one occasion because I couldn't keep my mind on the game and it does NOT go down well!

mysteron wrote:

Also reading some of the posts on the vraious threads on here kind of makes me feel a little that way. I know they arn't suppose to be graffic but normally the imagination fills in the missing bits.

I don't know if anyone else is also a bit like that so it might be just me with an over active imagination :)

Same for me :)

If I read anything (and I've heard it said that this is rule one of any kind of writing) I always find it best if some details are missing. Otherwise, if it's all there in graphic detail then that detail will have to be absolutely 100% perfect otherwise I struggle to picture it in my head.

Morphalubrius wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Also reading some of the posts on the vraious threads on here kind of makes me feel a little that way. I know they arn't suppose to be graffic but normally the imagination fills in the missing bits.

I don't know if anyone else is also a bit like that so it might be just me with an over active imagination :)

Same for me :)

If I read anything (and I've heard it said that this is rule one of any kind of writing) I always find it best if some details are missing. Otherwise, if it's all there in graphic detail then that detail will have to be absolutely 100% perfect otherwise I struggle to picture it in my head.

I have too fallen asleep once on an ex during sex haha, was after a night shift in my defence. Xx

Mine wasn't after anything so unfortunately I had no excuse - just couldn't keep my mind on it!

mysteron wrote:

Imagination best thing ever to get turned on by.

I get really turned on when I am stroked, and kissed in the crook of my neck....if my nipples are touched in any way, I have shivers that go right through me...and my new partner likes doing all of these😝😊
When he takes my nipples in his mouth, I almost hit the spot right there!!πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰

Morphalubrius wrote:

Just curious after reading one or two bits and pieces that suggest people 'get' turned on, rather than turning themselves on.

Nothing - at least not since puberty - has ever really turned me on unless I make a conscious effort to let it.

So I can't see a really sexy video and just spontaneously become erect, for example. I have to watch it with 'I'm watching this and I want to get turned on' in my head, in order for anything to happen. And physical stimulation is almost always required too.

So I wondered, for all the people here, do you have to make an effort to get hard/wet, or is it something that'll just happen to you sometimes?

Is it a conscious decision, or does your body just do it? I personally find a stimulating conversation to t

I personally find an intelligent conversation to be the starting point for me. I think we can all remember responding to external stimuli when we were much younger and trying to understand our bodies. (Well, maybe some of us still do!) I don't just respond to something external unless it passes a certain barrier set by my mind.  It's not that there needs to be an effort made, but I don't actually find myself attracted to alot of what goes on outside, unless it is done in a certain way. I've always been very aware of how things feel, and vibes I get from others without actually having to go near them. My OH and I enter the imaginative headspace, and try to bring whats inside of us-outside, if that makes sense. I am sorry if this is confusing!! I like to think of it as responding to a certain energy, almost like a magnet! That's how I am wired. :)