Turned On - conscious or subconscious?

Just curious after reading one or two bits and pieces that suggest people 'get' turned on, rather than turning themselves on.

Nothing - at least not since puberty - has ever really turned me on unless I make a conscious effort to let it.

So I can't see a really sexy video and just spontaneously become erect, for example. I have to watch it with 'I'm watching this and I want to get turned on' in my head, in order for anything to happen. And physical stimulation is almost always required too.

So I wondered, for all the people here, do you have to make an effort to get hard/wet, or is it something that'll just happen to you sometimes?

Is it a conscious decision, or does your body just do it?

Sometimes it just happens, and when I least expect it too. Luckily I'm female, so no-one else would know lol

delilahxx wrote:

Sometimes it just happens, and when I least expect it too. Luckily I'm female, so no-one else would know lol

This is the same for me also, thank god we don't have dicks lol.

Lollipop ;) wrote:

delilahxx wrote:

Haha Lollipop, this did make me giggle :)

Lollipop ;) wrote:

delilahxx wrote:

Haha yes what these two lovelies said :)

Ha ha ha. We're not THAT bad. Puberty is a nightmare for unwanted erections but it's very rare now that just thinking sexy thoughts gives me a boner, particularly if I'm out and about.

I do have one pair of jeans that're a little neat around the crotch which feels nice enough to give me half a teacake most of the day but I'm careful what days I wear them.

Anyway, in answer to the question: both. Sometimes I'm horny because my body is telling me I am and sometimes the reverse applies when, for example, I find myself with half an hour alone at home and my brain thinks 'Might as well...'

I can watch my crushes and get very turned on, but out and about no.

When I see material or worse experience something that caters to my fetish it is literally uncontrollable still.

Lorah13 wrote:

Lollipop ;) wrote:

delilahxx wrote:

Me too ;)

delilahxx wrote:

Lollipop ;) wrote:

delilahxx wrote:

Haha Lollipop, this did make me giggle :)

And me... Lol 😂😂😂

Lollipop ;) wrote:

delilahxx wrote:

We get that 'monthly inconvenience' instead

on topic i don't make a conscious effort to get turned on if i'm watching something and it has say a really good carnal scene i'll get turned on if i try to force it, it doesn't happen

DreamOfTheEndless wrote:

Ha ha ha. We're not THAT bad. Puberty is a nightmare for unwanted erections but it's very rare now that just thinking sexy thoughts gives me a boner, particularly if I'm out and about.

I do have one pair of jeans that're a little neat around the crotch which feels nice enough to give me half a teacake most of the day but I'm careful what days I wear them.

Anyway, in answer to the question: both. Sometimes I'm horny because my body is telling me I am and sometimes the reverse applies when, for example, I find myself with half an hour alone at home and my brain thinks 'Might as well...'

"Half a teacake"... Like that one. As a youth I would have loved the ability to consciously get a semi (or half a teacake) at will. Sharing showers after P.E at aged 13 was a nightmare for macspants jnr who seemed make a subconscious effort to make like a tortoise when the whistle blew. This was made worse by one of the boys being hung like a donkey. As a party trick he would move his hips back and forwards causing his huge cock to slap his forehead. Bastard.

Sometimes it just happens! I have had a few twinges when mixing a cake before and there is nothing sexy about that!

Ha. Is that a euphemism JuicyJ89??

unfortunately not haha

when i was very young before i knew what sex was about i allways had tingles in my pants if i saw a belly dancer with a jewel in her naval,know pierced belly buttons realy do it for me and i can start to get an erection,but since getting into sex toys jewelled butt plugs turn me on ,prehaps its a natural progresion from belly jewels?

I struggle at times so get where original poster is coming from but my health issues dont help my sex drive at times. I can even struggle to maintain my mood and even finish up. As a woman it is embarrassing and strange to lose interest half way throught but unless I let go or make effort to stay in mood it doesnt happen :(

Sometimes it just happens. I can be out with my Mrs and sometimes for a meal and then I start thinking of easing her out of that dress later . That noramlly gets me going and have to be careful of my visits to the loo .

It can also be done whilst watching a sexy film . Nine and a half weeks is one of our favourites and then it doesn't take much when she starts stroking me during the film for me to become aroused .

Also reading some of the posts  on the vraious threads on here kind of makes me feel a little that way. I know they arn't suppose to be graffic but normally the imagination fills in the missing bits.

I don't know if anyone else is also a bit like that so it might be just me with an over active imagination :)

Terri JJ wrote:

Lorah13 wrote:

delilahxx wrote:

Me too ;)

Same here thank goodness im female ;)