Using Android

toycar69 wrote:

nice one. using the iPad setting and I can post. shame I lose my clever slideit keyboard though

Is this a custom downloaded keyboard? In the browser hold down your finger on the forum text box and there might be an option to change your input method to slideit.

toycar69 wrote:

nice one. using the iPad setting and I can post. shame I lose my clever slideit keyboard though

Glad half your problem is sorted though!

still not working for me... every other website and box works but the reply box... strange as I can write emails etc from the browser! oh well... good thing i use my mac more for love honey!

Occ - how geeky are you?

Something you might like to do on your desire HD:

1) Download Tight VNC server + install.

2) (optional but advised) Login to your router and fix dedicated LAN IP's for your PC and your Android.

3) (optional, follows on from step 2) Limit access via the Tight VNC server options, only to your phone + password protect it.

4) Download the free "pocket cloud" application on your phone.

5) Control your computer from wherever you are in the house via your phone

Jake of Facts and Friction wrote:

toycar69 wrote:

Is this a custom downloaded keyboard? In the browser hold down your finger on the forum text box and there might be an option to change your input method to slideit.

yes, this is a custom keyboard. Actually, I think I was being stupid, as I'd switched my input method to the standard Android keyboard earlier, to see if that would work any better.

For information, SlideIt is a cool keyboard that allows you to drag your finger around the screen onto the correct letters to type. Its much faster than tap-tap-tap. A similar (and probably better known) alternative is called Swype.

Ochi, try downloading the free Dolphin HD browser from the market, then in the settings use "IPAD" in the browser type. It's working for me now (thanks to LittleKitty!)

This is a test to see if dolphin hd will post from my mobile

Hi SL666, no it didn't work, I can't see your post.

toycar69 wrote:

Hi SL666, no it didn't work, I can't see your post. External Media

haha. well my phone is shit so i didn't know. but yay for LH forums on the go!

Bumping this old thread, which has some info in but still can't make much sense of it, so I was wondering for those Android users if they have managed to find a way to be able to use Lh chat on the phone effectively?

I've just got the Galaxy S2 and it's a right ballache to use chat, lots of pinching to make the screen an ok size but then when the keypad comes up, can barely see the chat box and think it would be almost impossible to chat and post in the forums at the same time, (well obviously not at the exact same time, but toggling between etc) Good job I'm a quiet one isn't it ;)

Any hints and tips would be gratefully received, I've tried the samsunge browser, dolphin, opera and mozilla, all pretty much the same issues....

Thanks everyone x

I'm using Dolphin Browser on my android, and its fine for posting, but I usually disable "javascript" which turns off the chat because I don't get 3G here, so its painfully slow.

My phone has a low res screen though, (wildfire) so I don't know how chat would work on a more powerful mobile with higher res screen.

Try changing your browser identity from "android" to "desktop" or even "ipad" to see different settings. You can also change the default zoom so you get more readable text without messing.

Hope this helps!

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Bumping this old thread, which has some info in but still can't make much sense of it, so I was wondering for those Android users if they have managed to find a way to be able to use Lh chat on the phone effectively?

I've just got the Galaxy S2 and it's a right ballache to use chat, lots of pinching to make the screen an ok size but then when the keypad comes up, can barely see the chat box and think it would be almost impossible to chat and post in the forums at the same time, (well obviously not at the exact same time, but toggling between etc) Good job I'm a quiet one isn't it ;)

Any hints and tips would be gratefully received, I've tried the samsunge browser, dolphin, opera and mozilla, all pretty much the same issues....

Thanks everyone x

Hey hun,

I have the same probs on my android. It just seems its not designed to chat and forum and the same time! i gave up chatting on it a long time ago as couldn't find a viable workaround.

both my android phone ( 2.2 eclair), and my tablet ( 3.1 honeycomb) can use the forums in dolphin HD brower but can't use the chat.

In dolphin HD ( using the ipad settings) people can chat to me but i can't reply and going "offline" only works on the page i'm viewing. if i head to a different page it puts me back online.

does anyone know of a work around for this?

Hmm seems like this just doesn't work then....

I too can view the forums in most of the browsers, but can't use the chat effectively enough to want to bother....

Maybe the Lh tech guys can help us?