Using Android

I've just tried to use my Android phone to browse the forum, and I wondered what the best method is for this?

With Dolphin Browser (configured as desktop) I can browse and see who is online in chat, but I haven't been able to post yet. The full browser thing is a bit of a pain, as there is lots of zooming in and out, but it does work.

Can anyone share a "good" working configuration?

sorry TC cant help but thought i would bump this for you

xGGx

If I'm using mobile internet I can only use Opera Mini to get around the filter, I've not posted on the forums yet but I have browsed the site quite well with Dolphin and Opera.

What is your specific issue TC?

On HTC desire hd now. Using standard browser, no probs posting. No chat available though.

I have an android, I don't know the Dolphin browser the default for me seems to be based on safari. The full site might be your best option for the forum, its a bit of a pain but use the zoom function and you might find the resolution more useful on it's side (landscape).

Hope this helps.

i'm currently trying on my android phone on the default browser. it's slow and When i logged into the site it went to the mobile version, logged in and then signed me out when i skipped to the full website

(on PC atm)

Hey I use the HTC browser that came with my desire HD, lovehoney automatically logs into the mobile version but when its as the normal website I cant reply to posts though or see who is online.

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

On HTC desire hd now. Using standard browser, no probs posting. No chat available though.

Good choice ;) Love the screen size, hate the battery life lol.

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

i cant post.... it clicks up the whole box green and no keyboard appears... how you finding the HD?

forgot to mention that my mobile is an orange San Franciscio ( budget ZTE blade basically)

will probably try later with opera browser.

Hi Occciverdi, I love the hd! Very good phone. The browser is like lightening in my opinion. The camera and video are spot on too. Love the big screen! Only bad thing I could say is that the speakers are crap so I've bought an external one from Amazon.
Cracking all round phone. Apple can kiss my fat arse! x

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Hi Occciverdi, I love the hd! Very good phone. The browser is like lightening in my opinion. The camera and video are spot on too. Love the big screen! Only bad thing I could say is that the speakers are crap so I've bought an external one from Amazon.
Cracking all round phone. Apple can kiss my fat arse! x

i love it when its not freezing.... I have the wee pod speaker from amazon for £14 its amazing!

occhiverdi wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

i cant post.... it clicks up the whole box green and no keyboard appears... how you finding the HD?

Have you sorted this yet?

If you go into your browser and go to settings there should be an option/setting called User Agent (or something like that).

It defaults to andriod but change it to iPod or iPad or something else and then you can type in text boxes! x

LittleKitty wrote:

occhiverdi wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

If you go into your browser and go to settings there should be an option/setting called User Agent (or something like that).

It defaults to andriod but change it to iPod or iPad or something else and then you can type in text boxes! x

or android even lol

Forgot to mention I use Dolphin browser - its great and IMO better than the stock application

LittleKitty wrote:

occhiverdi wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

going to try now :D

will have to fiddle cant see it :S.... i recommend sms popup :D

occhiverdi wrote:

will have to fiddle cant see it :S.... i recommend sms popup :D

Hmmm, ok - what phone have you got and are you using the stock browser?

Just checked my stock browser and the option isn't there - only on Dolphin Browser which I downloaded....

Thinking about it, thats why I got a new internet app!!

yeah Desire HD.... going to fiddle now... it works on all other websites...

nice one. using the iPad setting and I can post. shame I lose my clever slideit keyboard though