Using Magic Wand in the USA

Hi. Does anyone know of the Lovehoney magic wand will work in the USA as they only have 110v mains rather than the 240v we have in the UK? Planning a trip and we will be taking some toys! Thanks in advance. Mark

Should work fine with a plug adaptor.

I've just looked at the sticker on my Classic Wand and it says it's only 240v~50Hz. I don't know a huge amount about this but I think it'd need to say something like '100-240V~50-60Hz' if you could use it on both voltages without any issues.

I would think it would run slow if it only shows 240v - 50Hz as it wouldn't be getting enough 'power'. We live in the USA now and I had similar problem with items like some hair straighteners that don't get hot enough on US power. Fortunately I have a US wand!

When are you going?

We have a genuine original Hitachi Magic wand which we never use as it operates on US voltage and needs a very large voltage regulator for UK use.

You're welcome to it if you cover the postage.

You'll obviously need to swap the busiess end over for hygiene reasons.

Thanks for all the quick responses! You lot are great. Sounds like it’s not going to work but I may still pack it if there’s room, just in case! Thanks for the offer of your old vibe rockstar but to be honest it just gives us a good excuse to buy some more battery operated ones as replacements!

rubbermark wrote:

Thanks for all the quick responses! You lot are great. Sounds like it’s not going to work but I may still pack it if there’s room, just in case! Thanks for the offer of your old vibe rockstar but to be honest it just gives us a good excuse to buy some more battery operated ones as replacements!

Why not try a rechargeable? Best of both worlds! Travel friendly and a little smaller so gives room for more toys in the case - woo!

A couple suggestions:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37807

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38183

Sorry. Just trying to be helpful.

I know you are rockstar and I really appreciate the offer. As it stands though there is actually no need as the vibrator does actually work over here with no loss of power!