Vibrators

This may appear as a stupid question but, if like me, your orgasms come from clitoral stimulation, what benefit do penetrative vibrators (with no clitoral stimulator attached) give?

I have a rabbit vibrator which obviously provides the penetration and clitoral vibes which gives me what I need for solo play.

I have a good bullet vibrator to give me the clitoral stimulation when OH is penetrating me so that gives me what I need also.

I've just bought the LH glass dildo set which obviously can be used alongside my bullet vibrator.

I'm planning on getting a G Spot vibrator at some point, I can understand why they'd be useful.

But what's the benefit of a bog standard penetrative vibrator/dildo, if it's the clitoral vibrations I need to bring me to orgasm?

As you can tell, I'm no expert in sex toys and I am currently on a very enjoyable learning curve (which you lot are great at teaching!)

:) :) :)

Anyone?
Lol :)

I suppose Sarah that everyone is different and for some people that type of vibrator is just the ticket.

If it's not for you then don't buy!

I am not a huge fan of internal vibrations myself, although I do like dildos etc. However, the clitoris, or the part that is exposed, is actually only a small portion. The clitoris has "legs" which actually wrap around the vaginal walls, in a roundabout kind of way and so you can imagine why, for some women, internal vibrations are enjoyable. They vibrate the vaginal walls and in turn, the clitoral legs and this can either be enough for some women to orgasm from that alone, or it can be enjoyable tease, or indeed, if combined with external vibrations, it can be like a double whammy of vibrations to the entire clitoris, which may help a woman orgasm quicker, more intensely or even just get there in the first place. I enjoy having something inside me during clitoral masturbation, but I can take or leave the internal vibrations myself.

As another note: Some women can have intense g-spot, or internal orgasms from vibrations against the area. I can have g-spot orgasms, but again I need thrusting, bot vibrations. However, some ladies can and do prefer vibrations to get them to g-spot orgasm too.

Also, some women want to kill two birds with one stone and buy a toy that can be used both externally and internally. Bullets are too small for internal play, so they get a bigger toy and use it for both internal and clitoral stimulation

Hope that helps!

with vibrators that provide penetration i like that they can be used internally and externally, the external vibrations give me a clitoral orgasm after a fashion. used internally with or with out vibrations and fingers or a bullet i find clitoral orgasms much easier to achieve. some of it does depend on the vibrator you chose i have a dual stim g-spot/clitoral toy that does absolutely nothing for me where as a filling dildo vibe plus the nub on my hummer used clitorally makes for the most intense orgasms

One of the best clitoral vibes I've ever seen being used is the humdinger vibe - sold on here...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21149

the hood on this one really cups the clit nicely... Just an idea though :)

It hugely depends on what the woman enjoys and what shape works best for her. Even one g spot vibrator is unlikely to work for all women the same. So I can imagine some women would enjoy less curve on the vibrator. Plus they can also be used externally. Also some people like to use them for anal play too. Haveing one toy dedicated to that could be a good idea.

They can be used externally too. For some people they can be easier to hold, compared to bullets. Also you may get less pins and needles feeling from holding longer toy compared to bullet or shorter toy.

Personally I found that the vibrator, which works best for me in terms of Gspot stimulation, is surprisingly Lelo Tara. It is mainly the outside part which actually vibrates, but the vibrations do carry a bit down the rotating shaft. And it is the rotating shaft which actually lately gives me G spot orgasm every time I use it.

So generally people make use of those vibrators, just for different reasons.

Thank you so much guys for your input on this. I wasn't sure whether it was something I should consider buying or not, that is why I asked.

You've all made very valid points there for me to take on board. I do need strong clitoral vibes to orgasm so I'm not sure if using one internally would do much for me. Saying that I haven't tried so who knows.

I never thought about the points made of your hand going numb or the difficulty holding a bullet vibe, I do tend to experience both actually so I can see why a larger one would be helpful with that. I suppose I'm thinking that holding a large one on my clit would get in the way when OH is in me?

I do know I ask some stupid questions that are impossible to answer perfectly as everyone is different and what each person likes is different also.

Anyway, thanks people :)

A great man once said something like...

There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is to try to understand the world. There is no such thing as a stupid question

Sum Sub wrote:

There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is to try to understand the world. There is no such thing as a stupid question

Completely agree SS :)

Sum Sub wrote:

Well that makes me feel less stupid so thanks for that SS. Great words :) :)

:)

Longer vibes would get in way in face to face positions, but in positions from behind, eg. on all fours, I think they could be used. Also I sometimes use them for clitoral play during my solo times.

If you looking for bullet with bit less pins and needles feeling, I have the Mia and it is nowhere as bad as some other bullets. It is slightly larger, which could be one reason. Second could be the build.Unfortunately I prefer the older, no longer selling version of it, which is bit stronger. The worst toy for pins and needles feelings is the We Vibe Tango, but this is the price you pay for it being so strong. The strongest bullet I tried.

Also thinking about it, maybe some women enjoy internal stimulation, but they find the curves on Gspot vibrators makes it uncomfortable for them to insert it, especially with hard toys. So they tend to get those with far less curves.

As for you needing clitoral stimulation to orgasm, I can tell you this. Year ago, I would have said the same. Then I got my Njoy steel dildo and I got my first Gspot orgasm after few goes with it. Then I had one weaker with using my Lelo Mona and now I found the Tara just gets me there every time I use it. Obviously, sometimes what you really need is experimenting. Time to find out what works best for you. And what does not work for you.

I have the Tracey Cox supersex bullet. It's only small but it gives me the 'kind' of vibrations I need. Some vibrators are mega powerful but the vibrations are high frequency. I need deep rumbling ones and that little bullet has them.

Well you've filled me with confidence there that with time I may orgasm from other stimulations. Trial and error an all that :)
I just need to make some more purchases!
Thanks Laveila