Virginal awakening

Hi, I'm a virgin and a full time wheelchair.
Although I bought my toys some months ago I have only just used some of them.
I'm trying to get used to the new sensations and trying to ease myself into going in... Haven't got that far in yet.
One of the reasons I hadn't used them yet was due to my medical conditions I have a lower libido but when I'm horny it's good! I'd love to play more but also it's difficult due to pain.

Any similarities? Stories that could give me hope? Sorry if this is just rubbish but it may help me.

Also, it's hard to come to terms with this. And who would be okay with all this...? I'm not even okay with this. How can I expect someone else to be (love interest wise)

Hello! I am a firm believer in there is someone out there for everyone no matter what problems you may be facing. However, it seems like you may need to have a bit more acceptance and come to terms with it. Have you always been a wheelchair user? You can refuse to answer, that's ok.

Start small, going into the deep end will just not only be painful but also a bit daunting. Keep doing what you are doing. Little bit it at a time.

RosyCheek - no. On and off since I was 11 but all th time since 4ish years ago.

Hello there,

I don't have any personal experience of sex and disability but will mirror what everyone else has said. Take your time and go at a pace that suits you. The main thing as that you enjoy what you are doing. I have seen television programmes of lots of people falling in love, finding their life partner, being disabled (both or just one of the couple) it does happen a lot. I have been on nights out and wheelchair users get a lot of attention (in a good way) . As others have said there is someone out there for everyone. 😊

Makes sense you're still coming to terms with being ok with it all. 4 years is still pretty recent! If you try everything you are comfortable with it will bring a bit of confidence out in you sexually.

There was a documentary on years ago about people with disabilities and sex. I'll try find out what it was. It was done so well, I remember one young guy who was so open about his first time after his accident. He said he peed himself and fell out of the bed. It was really light hearted. I'll try find out what it was.

Thank you RosyCheek. That'd be great :)

I think it was a BBC3 one, still looking I'll ask my husband when I speak to him. He loved it too, it was wonderful. There is one by channel 4 called Sex on Wheels.

I just phoned my husband. As I was determined to find out what it was but no joy. He remembers it fondly, that guy was just such a character!

The Undateables on channel 4 was super too. It shows EVERYONE can find someone.

Good luck on your sexual adventures and have fun with your new toys!

I have just found this that maybe something you would like to watch too. 😊
https://healthequity.sfsu.edu/doc/title/sexabled
I hope it's ok to put this link on here 😳

Hello and welcome to the forum! I agree with Rosy, there is someone for everybody. I'm sure you are a lovely person and other people will notice that and look past your wheelchair :)

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Hi there, and welcome to the forum :) x

Hello and welcome.

I echo what has already been said, take things slow and learn what makes you feel good. There really is no magic formula, we are all different.

When you feel more comfortable in yourself and with your situation I am sure you will find that certain someone - when you ooze confidence it really shows and will be what attracts any admirers, who probably won't even notice the wheelchair, and if they do they won't care because your personality will be bigger than the chair!!!

I wish you all the best and hope you enjoy experimenting with your toys xxx

Welcome, enjoy your toys and just take it slowly, there's some out out there, but have fun while waiting.

Hi Iamsilly ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Like others have said, disabilities definitely don't mean you won't find someone. I know plenty of people with disabilities and chronic health conditions that have relationships and have found ways to have a satisfying sex life despite their disabilities. It sometimes takes a bit of creative thinking to find work arounds but if you look online you'll probably find someone has already done the creative thinking.

I have issues with muscle weakness, muscle and joint pain and my libido also fluctuates a lot depending on my thyroid levels and mood. I haven't really found a good solution to the pain issues but not staying in one position long and using pillows helps. I use furniture for balance, support and to take pressure off my muscles. I put weight on my forearms rather than wrists. I try to communicate well with my partners during sex to minimise pain. I'd love some liberator furniture http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/brands/liberator/ but right now it's a luxury I can't justify.

This website might be useful http://enhancetheuk.org/enhance/the-love-lounge/

I've heard nothing but good things about The Outsiders Club. My friend met his partner there http://www.outsiders.org.uk/outsidersclub/