Wand getting hot with use.

Hi, has anyone else had issues with the Lovehoney Deluxe Wand getting hot with use? We noticed this recently having used. And the put it down while we recovered prior to cleaning it was leaning next to Gonzo the G Spot Wand Attachment, quite innocently while we composed ourselves. On picking up the wand we then realised how hot it had got (not noticed it the heat of the moment) and that Gonzo had melted in places where the wand had been in contact.

We've had it since March/April time and it gets good use probably twice a week for around 20 mins a time.

Any help or advice?

That is pretty normal TBH - this is why they recommend to use it in short bursts rather than long periods of time

That is pretty normal TBH - this is why they recommend to use it in short bursts rather than long periods of time

Yeah, this wand does heat up quite quickly. I unplug mine straight after use to avoid any mishaps or hazards. Lots of the reviews mention this. I usually only use mine for ten minutes at a time.

What would you define as a short burst? 15 mins? 10 mins? 5 mins?

Ok just seen NatandTom reply cheers!

Are you covering the vents on the handle? It's easy to do given their location. I think they're vents anyway, we keep them clear just in case :p

This is a normal thing though, tis why the instructions will say not to use it more than 15 minutes at a time and to give it a good cooling down period between uses. Have you noticed it getting warm before? Using it in this weather is guaranteed to overheat it, if we're talking this past week or two, so it could be a one off problem rather than a fault. Although if you're losing track of time in the heat of the moment that would likely be your problem, they really don't do well beyond the 15 minute mark. I'd say try it again when the weather is cooler while keeping an eye on the time and see if it's still severely overheating, if so perhaps have a word with customer care about a replacement.

Yep normal. Doxy gets warm too.

Anything electrical gives off heat, quite normal, though the more heat the shorter the life span, heat is the enemy of electronic items.