Doxy Wand

So, i bought a Doxy Wand Purple Die Cast, after 20-30 minutes of use the handle part closest too the head starts too warm up. My question is, is this normal? Don't want to break it(the electronics) the first thing i do.

Yes on my wand it's normal. In this case I turn it off for 10 minutes if it gets too hot and then carry on once it's cooled down.

This sounds like a design problem. Does it get very hot to just warm up compared to the cold temperature when you first get it out of the box?

I'm glad I read this before I ordered it. I have had a spot of bad luck with toys recently. Makes me think twice about it.

Our Doxy also gets warm after about 10-15 mins - not hot - just warm. If it is getting really hot, then there may be an issue with your wand, and you may want to have a chat with customer care :) xx

It just gets warm, not hot. It does say in the instructions to not use it more then 20 minutes at a time and then if you want too use it more you need too wait 20 minutes. It doesn't say if its because it warms up and needs cooling or it's cause the body gets injured from too much use.

#Fun Louise

It just gets warm, not hot. You can still hold that part of the wand with your hand without any discomfort. The reason im asking is cause im using this in Sweden with a adapter cause it have a UK plug. If the electric is wrong Ampere or similar from my swedish outlet in too the Doxy it will heat up and get destroyed. But since this seem to be normal warming stated by other users im sure there is no problem at all. Im just being extra carefull cause i have never used anything with a foreign plug before, and i also don't want too destroy a £150 item the first thing i do. I recommend this one, and i don't think you have anything too worry about.

Ok so it's not as bad a si thought. I do love finding out about a product before I purchase it, it really does help. Invaluable information people, thanks

One more little question, it's quite heavy at around 800g, does it feel heavy when your using it.? Or do you not notice the weight because of the vibrations?

Hi, it's normal for it to get warm after use. I believe on the instructions it says to use for upto 20 minutes at a time.

Completely normal. Most mains-powered toys warm up after 15-20 minutes of use :)

Fun Louise wrote:

Ok so it's not as bad a si thought. I do love finding out about a product before I purchase it, it really does help. Invaluable information people, thanks

One more little question, it's quite heavy at around 800g, does it feel heavy when your using it.? Or do you not notice the weight because of the vibrations?

I don't feel like it's heavy at all, even with attachments on it. Believe me you won't even think about the weight of it when you use it, you will be somewhere else seeing stars and various hot memories/thoughts, haha!

The Collector wrote:

Fun Louise wrote:

I don't feel like it's heavy at all, even with attachments on it. Believe me you won't even think about the weight of it when you use it, you will be somewhere else seeing stars and various hot memories/thoughts, haha!

Thanks, I have the njoy eleven and it's very heavy but when it's inside the weight adds to the pleasure. Too much gymnastics as a kid means I have quite weak wrists, sounds like i should be fine with the doxy.

But to be more specific, it does weigh more then most other toys but it doesn't feel heavy for the simple reasons that you dont move it around alot or extremely fast like a Fleshlight or a Dildo. And most of the weight dissapears cause you rest it against your body so it actually feels lighter then a dildo. You might think that it might feel heavy when you rub it against the skin, but the movements are so small that you don't notice any weight. Bottomline is that it's a bit heavier then other products but feel light cause of the way it's used.

My Doxy gets warm too....nothing to worry about xx

I find that after 5 hours of continues use it does not get any hotter lol

Gentle giant wrote:

😐😐😐😐😐😐 I think I would die hahaha! I struggle with an hour let alone 5!

Gentle giant wrote:

Jesus christ! How are you even alive? After 30 minutes of use, im so vibration numb my entire body feels like its tickeling in to the bones even, in a not so very comfortable way.

My Doxy has never been on for longer than 5 minutes... It's THAT good for me 😂 !! So I've never really noticed it warming up. My old LH wand used to warm up after a while so I would assume like most mains powered items that they may warm up after a while.

Thanks for answers ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) Great help!

Fun Louise wrote:

The Collector wrote:

Fun Louise wrote:

Thanks, I have the njoy eleven and it's very heavy but when it's inside the weight adds to the pleasure. Too much gymnastics as a kid means I have quite weak wrists, sounds like i should be fine with the doxy.

I had no idea what Njoy Eleven looked like more then its probably stainless steel like all other products i have seen from them. But now i understand why you think its very heavy, that thing is enormous and steel. It must weigh 2kg.