Wedding Night Lingerie

This post is no longer available.

I am not getting married, but here are my thoughts:

are you going strickly for white, or would you consider another colour? If you do, what colours? Maybe light pink would do? unless you like me dont enjoy pink. There are some nice decent chemises, which are not too everly sexy in other colours. I would never go for white anyway, as it just does not suit me at all. Creamy colour, ivory, sometimes yes, but pure white just makes me look ghostly with my white skin.

Also I dont think that if I ever get married, I would go for traditional wedding, anyway - want it in nature or ruiny castle. But I think in the end it is about you feeling good in what you wear and it is about you and him, enjoying the first night after getting married. And thats what I think make it mainly special.

Hello,

Firstly, congratulations on your wedding, I hope it is a fantastic day and you and your husband have a long and happy marriage.

I am not married, however, I can offer some suggestions based on what you had picked.

Here are the suggestions:

I hope there is something that catches your eye or helps you decide what you are looking for. Find something that is perfect, you only have one wedding night.

MM xx

I don't know if this would be something you would be interested in but I would find these pretty cute if my wife wore them along with a chemise or something! But then again I maybe a bit weird as I LOVE pants!!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16234

Hi, and welcome to Lovehoney!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Lovehoney actually have a list of products specifically for Bridal Lingerie:- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/lingerie/sexy-lingerie/bridal-lingerie/ Perhaps something from there will catch your eye.

I quite like something like this, personally- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21242 It's very cute, pretty as well as sexy. This is amazing value as well, however it lacks support in the bust- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18778 I would suggest buying a halterneck bikini top with it.

I would suggest ultimately to find something you can wear with confidence and feel alluring in. Also, it doesn't hurt to buy a couple and return or exchange the products you're not happy with. Lovehoney have an amazing Returns and Exchange policy. =]

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

Hi Ananke. Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials!

I think it's very difficult for anyone else to help you with your choice. It's that very personal issue of finding something that you feel suits you and the occasion, and which also feels comfortable and damn sexy to wear.

The reassuring thing is that, if you feel good in whatever you select, then you're bound to look great in it, as your hubby-to-be will quickly discover.

Ananke wrote:

What did you (or your wife) wear? And what made it special?

My wife wore an ivory-coloured satin nightdress with pretty lace trims. It was a clever nod to her wedding dress which was also in ivory, as white isn't a flattering colour on my wife. She could have chosen something more ostentatiously sexy, but she would have felt very nervous in it as she had never worn anything like that before.

As it was, my wife's nightdress was perfect for her that night: freshly feminine and pretty without being brashly sexy.

Good luck with your search!

i bought lots of lovely lingerie for my wedding night last august and it didnt get used until the honeymoon, the day really does take it out of you so by the time you are left on your own you will be too tired, but i have to say on our wedding night we did have a quickie just to consumate the marriage

I'd say wear whatever makes your wedding dress look best, and make sure it's something you'll be comfortable in all day. Although if you think you'll have a chance to get changed into another lingerie set for your wedding night, that's a different matter!

SS xx

SweetSubmission wrote:

I'd say wear whatever makes your wedding dress look best, and make sure it's something you'll be comfortable in all day. Although if you think you'll have a chance to get changed into another lingerie set for your wedding night, that's a different matter!

SS xx

Definitely second this. Sexily dissappear into an ensuite bathroom and emerge having changed into something completely different. I know my OH loves it when I do this.

This post is no longer available.

I'm sure he will! Congratualtions, all the best for your big day, may you both be very happy in your marriage.

SS xx

I'm sure he will! Congratualtions, all the best for your big day, may you both be very happy in your marriage.

SS xx

Congratulations on your wedding!

I got married last year and had a really difficult time finding lingerie that a) was my size, b) would be comfortable the whole day, c) would work with my strapless dress and d) would be sexy enough for the evening. It's a difficult balance, as I'm sure you've appreciated!

In the end, I had two sets. Both were ivory sets with bra, knickers and thong, and suspender belts. The set I ended up wearing in the end had a little blue flower in the centre of the bra and thong (something blue!). I found that in the July heat, suspenders were a definite 'no' considering the number of layers to my dress already, and therefore opted for simply the bra and thong for the day. I can look up the make of either set if that would help - they're in my lingerie drawers somewhere!

As for the evening, well, we didn't want to miss a bit of our wedding day, so we stayed with everyone until just before midnight. We were absolutely exhausted by this point, so we somewhat collapsed on the bed at the hotel. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I would concentrate on the lingerie for the day, rather than the evening. When it comes to the night itself, I would recommend a simple negligee (or similar) that doesn't require fidly lacing or anything like that, as I suspect you'll be too tired! The link you picked seems to fit that bill quite well.

Finally, remember to relax and enjoy the day!

I can't help on the wedding lingere front. But congratulations!

Congratulations!

I got married last year and picked some really pretty ivory pants and suspenders to wear under my dress. I also bought the matching bra but as my dress was strapless and coreseted I didn't wear it during the day. We were up with everyone partying until just after midnight and were knackered when we got back to our room. I'd pretty much guessed that would be the case so I hadn't bought anything else to change into - as kitty kat suggests, I'd concentrated on something that would make me feel good all day. Instead, hubby had the pleasure of undressing me when we got back to our room (which he loved!). Becuase I had the corset lacing etc it was quite sexy but I think he would have enjoyed it regardless of the dress ;)

What I did do was buy several sets of pretty lingerie which I wore on our honeymoon when we had more time to enjoy it.

Congragulations on getting married and whatever you wear your new husband with love after all he's marring you not your clothes lol Saying that though i have really taken a liking to four posted so far that minx posted...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18523 would require a quick change i like satin =P
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20945 nice gstring i think
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20945 suspendeds and a gstring!
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21036 i just like corsets lol canna decide which knickers to go with corset though :/ hmm... lol

I can highly recommend this sexy long white tailed chemise - looked awesome on my OH http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17814 perfect for a wedding night (or honeymoon, or for anytime IMHO !)

Congratulations on the forthcoming nuptials! I had the whole works in white lace, basque, thong, suspenders and stockings. It was the only time I have ever worn white lingerie, but I felt it had to be done ;) Just seemed right.

Congratulations! I'd have a look at a lot of different shops and websites until you find something really great.

Enjoy rocking the white lingierie, personally I am a sucker for a girl in all white!

Openmindedcouple wrote:

Congratulations!

I got married last year and picked some really pretty ivory pants and suspenders to wear under my dress. I also bought the matching bra but as my dress was strapless and coreseted I didn't wear it during the day. We were up with everyone partying until just after midnight and were knackered when we got back to our room. I'd pretty much guessed that would be the case so I hadn't bought anything else to change into - as kitty kat suggests, I'd concentrated on something that would make me feel good all day. Instead, hubby had the pleasure of undressing me when we got back to our room (which he loved!). Becuase I had the corset lacing etc it was quite sexy but I think he would have enjoyed it regardless of the dress ;)

What I did do was buy several sets of pretty lingerie which I wore on our honeymoon when we had more time to enjoy it.

^ All this.

I wore some pretty undies, but the built-in corset of the dress 1) prevented me from wearing a bra 2) stopped me from changing into something else on my own and 3) undoing it was actually a fantasy come true anyway!

Stock up on some lovely sets and pieces to lounge around in on honeymoon. This would be my pick from Lovehoney:

BlueBella Grace Chiffon Babydoll

it also comes with a matching thong:

BlueBella Grace Chiffon Skirted Thong

and bra too if you wanted it:

BlueBella Grace Satin Bra with Chiffon Trim