Wedding songs.

Did the music survey last night on here and got me thinking with seeing some posts this week about people getting married. Just wondered what was people's first dance song. Our's was Beyoncé halo.

Aerosmith, I Don't Want T Miss A Thing.

Thunder, love walked in

Badger73 wrote:

Aerosmith, I Don't Want T Miss A Thing.

+1

I am getting married next year and im completley stuck as to what to have for our first dance! :( Hopefully I can get some inspiration off this thread :)

X

I am no where close to being married, but already know I want the first dance to be 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' by Michael Jackson.

Now I just need to find a good woman to agree to that!

We're stuck on our wedding song too!

We're mostly into rock/metal music, there's not really any good wedding songs in that genre. Well, there are, but they're very cliche and lots of people have them, which puts us off. A lot of the slower rock songs we like are about break ups or deaths so not really appropriate haha!

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

God Only Knows, Beach Boys

Can't fault you on Michael Jackson just Jenson.

We didn't have a first dance, but we exited the church to our band singing "Happy Together (I can't see me loving nobody but you for all my life)" 5 years later I turned out to be gay, so the irony hasn't quite seized to amuse anyone yet...

I got engaged recently but we haven't thought about this yet! Most likely to be George Benson - Nothing's gonna change my love for you.
I do love the Zorro song too - Lifetime loving you.
Looking forward to reading people's songs/suggestions :D.

Embarrassing, but I can't remember!

We didn't have a wedding song but I would have chosen Alter bridge, on this day

Im not married but I want a full on cheesy song, either enrique iglesias hero or bryan adams everything i do :)

Got to love a little bit of Bryan Adams.

Having been there and done that, I'd thoroughly recommend choosing a cheesy popular song.
Whilst you doubtless want to put your own spin on your special day, there are many other ways to do it than to choose an ultra hip song that no one else will have heard of.

The reasons you should choose a popular song are because other people will enjoy it more, other people will remember it more, more people are likely to join in, and most of all, you're more likely to hear it ad hoc, in a shop or on the radio which then takes you back to your special day.

I'll be there for you by Bon Jovi

We had Dire Straights Romeo and Juliet because it was the only one we could think of.

These days I'd want Just Breathe by Pearl Jam, I love that song, love the band even more and it would work well for a wedding song.

We didnt have a traditional wedding so dont have a first dance song, but we kind of have a few songs but dont know what they are!

basically we hired two cars during the duration of our holiday where we got married, but the radio only had demo versions of each radio station so it was the same songs on a loop. Im not up to date with music so i couldnt tell you who the artists were.

every so often i will put the radio on whilst im doing housework and i will hear one of those songs and it takes me back to our holiday!

I think its nice that i dont know what they are otherwise i would listen to them too much and they would lose that magical intrigue.