What do you review and how do you prioritise them?

I'm aiming to review every single item I buy and I've somewhat succeeded (didn't review mystery box items as there were many things in it that I knew I wouldn't like without even having to open it) so far.

So do you review everything you get? If not, how do you decide what items you will review?

Also, if (like me) you have a huge list of items to get through, how do you prioritise? I do:

1 - secret testers (as they have the shortest time limits usually)

2 - testers from the list

3 - items I want to return (I like to review before returning them so I'm at least offering some useful feedback in exchange for using the wonderful returns policy)

4 - items that are going out of stock (in case my review will be useful to any last minute buyers)

5 - items that I really love

6 - everything else

I may have spent a bit too much time thinking about this! So spill! How do you do reviews?

When I first started reviewing I use to write about everything I bought. Nowadays I am too busy even when it comes to keeping up with my blog so I just review things I get sent as testers.

Saying that, I am quite particular about that and like to get them submitted quite quickly for people. It's like an OCD if I don't get them done in a week even if they are secret or not.

I prioritize my reviews by testers first either from the list, secret or secret, secret testers depending what i have at the time

Then what ever i have bought next if it's still in stock i usually get round to these when i've used them enough and i find the time to do them

i currently have two reviews i need to finish and three reviews i could do for things i've bought

Testers get priority but I make a point of reviewing everything I buy, usually do it in the order they arrive unless something needs extra testing ;)

I tend to review everything I buy, I cringe reading most of my earlier reviews as I used to use the item once and then review so naturally the ratings were better than if I'd have given them multiple opportunities to shine so now I wait until I've used them at least three times and tried on lingerie at least twice.

Testers would always take priority. Secret testers, testers from the list, items that are being discontinued and then usually whenever I get round to the rest. I usually do reviews within a couple of weeks to a month. As I do college from home I have time to review on my breaks, I'm not sure a few years down the line I'll be reviewing as fast as I do now!

The main factor in when things get reviewed is whether I feel I've given them a thorough testing. All things being equal the order would be:

1) Secret testers

2) Testers from the list

3) Items with very few reviews

3) Items that are being discontinued

4) Items I have a strong opinion about

6) Everything else

What actually happens is that items I can easily test on my own get done first and items that need a partner to really test or that I want another person's opinion on have to wait until I see my friend (and depend on him wanting to try them out too). He does know if things are testers though so he helps me out with trying those asap.

I always put the tester items first, the rest tends to come when I have the time. I lately spend more time with friends and less with the PC, plus I do other things, so it can be few months till I review the items I bought, but I make sure that testers are done in timely manner.

I just go by what I use the most and what I think the world needs to know about it! I also try and review as many LH branded items as possible :)

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

I just go by what I use the most and what I think the world needs to know about it! I also try and review as many LH branded items as possible :)

I saw your recent review of the Touch, thought it was really good :)

Kittycat102 wrote:

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

I saw your recent review of the Touch, thought it was really good :)

Aw thank you! :) I'm glad people actually read them! haha

I love reviews...they play a huge part of me buying the item or not..quite often read the description of the item after I've read all the reviews! Xxx I review everything I buy..and everything my partner buys even though he has his own account he doesn't get as much time as me and he always tells me how it felt/worked etc for him ..so my reviews are often two people in one type reviews..I reviewed every item in my mystery bundle box too...I do testers first then the rest can vary from me loving them so having to review straight away to me having to try something out a few times and I have actually got a pile of unused things i am yet to try and review..I've bought a lot! Xxx

I review things in the order that's most important. Secret testers, testers off the list and then just the things I've bought myself. Speaking of which, I need to review a recent purchase so I'll probably start that today :)

Testers always first, whether secret or not! And then I have a list of things I need to review and try to work through the list reviewing everything. If I receive a product that is utterly amazing I'll write a review within the first day or so! I do TRY to hold off on reviews because then I can use the product a few times and know the little annoying things about it to put in the review... Like washing it (lingerie) charging (toys) how it dries and stains if anything (lubes). I currently have 36 items to review on my LH list! I'm a bit scared lol, I only nornally only get one review out a week :O

i always review the testers within 2 days usually and then ones ive braught i useually leave atleast 6 mothns befor eposting a review.