What does suspended user mean on some members?

Hi all, Just wondering why some members posts are ' suspended users' what does this mean?

I see this on a few too, often wondered myself!

It's where they've had their account blocked by the admins/moderators. Sometimes it's temporary but normally it's permanent.

Or sometimes people ask to have their account stopped for personal reasons but want to be able to come back instead of closing account xx

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Or sometimes people ask to have their account stopped for personal reasons but want to be able to come back instead of closing account xx

Sorry, you're quite right. It's not just for rule breaking. You can also request it if your Lovehoneying has gotten away from you and you need a breather. 🙂

Jess told us a bit about it in this thread https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1729423-moderator/ a while ago (I think the conversation starts towards the bottom of page 1).

Ian Chimp wrote:

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Sorry, you're quite right. It's not just for rule breaking. You can also request it if your Lovehoneying has gotten away from you and you need a breather. 🙂

Jess told us a bit about it in this thread https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1729423-moderator/ a while ago (I think the conversation starts towards the bottom of page 1).

I had no idea you could do it for that, I would have done so when I had to go away from LH for a while if I'd known!

This is what was clarified on the other thread that mentioned this:

- When you see "suspended" on someone's account, that is someone we have been forced to remove due to rule breaking (or simiilar).

Occasionally you'll see a suspension when someone has asked to be temporarily removed from the forum, but would like to use their account again later (but in my 6 years of working at Lovehoney, I've only seen that happen twice.)

- When a member asks to be deleted, we delete their account entirely, and all of their posts disappear with them. This is something you have to request - just pop an email into customer care if you ever want your account removing.

- The glitchy threads are caused when we hide posts (not when we remove a member) which is one of the reasons we now delete rule breaking posts (and not hide them).

A suspension is not something we take lightly, and neither is it an option we want to be used as an on/off option. As quite simply members could just not log in if they really need a break. As Jess mentioned it has only ever happened a couple of times in circumstances that deemed it necessary.

We will also not discuss the actual reasons behind a user's specific suspension and we ask that past members privacy is respected.

Hope this helps clarify more on the matter of suspended users :)

Thanks Leanne :) I was just wondering what it was :)