A couple of questions from a Newbie

I've read the rules but want a little more insight into what is acceptable.

Every so often I see a user where it says they've been suspended.

Can you give me a few actual things that were done that got that user suspended? I want to be very careful and not have that happen to me as I already have come to value these forums.

Another question: Is there a way to specifically communicate with a user? I saw one with a picture that I thought was awesome and I'd like to see if I could get him (her?) to tell me where I could find it.

Also I tried to find where I change some things on my profile and although I got access to my profile I didn't figure out how to change the thing I wanted to change: namely that my status has recently changed from married to divorced.

Thanks for any info on these questions you can help me with.

Sometimes it says suspended account but the user has actually asked for there acount to be removed, I think you'll find only repeat offenders get removed. Obviously if you've read the rules you know whats not acceptable. Repeated flirting and repeated profile pics that break rules are most commonly what gets people in trouble. Although I know someone got suspended for being very rude to staff (totally glad because thats unacceptable and the staff here dont desserve that). They will email you with a warning if you cross a line so don't worry too much as you'd have to really do something REALLY bad to get suspended without any warning.

There is no private chat feature, either comment on a popular thread or create your own if you want to/need to talk to a certain member, but please keep in mind that any conversations need to be open and welcoming to all, so others are not feeling left out. :)

Glad you've taken the time to read the rules, hope you continue to value the forum! :) xx

Can't really add much to what Echo32B said already, but +1 to not worrying about it, as getting suspended is really not an everyday thing here... you've read the rules and if you stick to them, you'll be just fine.
About status info, you could probably get a straight and fast info from Customer Care. They really do try to help you with any doubt you might have.

era wrote:

Can't really add much to what Echo32B said already, but +1 to not worrying about it, as getting suspended is really not an everyday thing here... you've read the rules and if you stick to them, you'll be just fine.
About status info, you could probably get a straight and fast info from Customer Care. They really do try to help you with any doubt you might have.

Too true, no need to worry about walking on eggshells. So long as you're not insulting or blatantly disobeying the rules, you have no reason to be concerned.

Thanks to all for your helpful responses.

i added twitter add so people can contact via there if they want something more private