Friend Request’s

I am new to the forum and have received a couple of friend requests. I am not sure what being a friend on the forum means. Can anyone assist in explaining it to me.

Hi Dickiebird, being a friend doesn't really mean anything anymore, it is something that was left over from a few years ago when they had a chat function; People often use the add button without realising that there is no chat anymore.

Generally people use it now as either a nice gesture or to be able to locate friend accounts easier if they like the way that the person writes reviews for example.

I am not sure if I have explained that in the most understandable way but hopefully so :)

Apparently the friends thing is left over from years ago when there used to be a private chat function on here that was abandoned due to people getting harrassed etc. It seems to be mainly used nowadays to keep track of posts from people whos advice you've found helpful or maybe you feel that you've got something in common with .

Thank you both for your replies. I now understand.

Glad I could help :)

I've stopped adding friends coz I don't see what I can do with them.

I have set up the Forum FAQ post, so this should help answer this question:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1651027-forum-faqs/

I will now close this thread as OP question has been addressed.