What to do...

Hi all!

Just wondering what is the protocol regarding couple sex toys when you break up?

What should happen to the cock rings that were used/not used? I awkwardly gifted my partner the Tenga egg I'd bought while we were breaking up but, no idea what to do with the cock rings besides use them as clit stimulators for myself.

It's surely not right to save used ones for future partners is it? Regardless of if you clean them?

Any advice would be appreciated!

If it was used I would agree to throw it out, I would feel really weird if OH used her ex's used toys on me.

If it wasn't used I would say it would depend. I don't think I would feel weird over using something just because it was BOUGHT for an ex, it may even bring a sense of closure to the break-up.

Sorry to hear that, hope you're doing okay.

I think it depends. If these are dildos/vibrators made out of a non-porous material like silicone or glass you could always sanitise them and use them with any future partners - I probably would to be honest. If I really liked a toy I wouldn't get rid of it just because I used it with an ex.

Cock rings on the other hand, I would probably get rid of because those were primarily used by the guy. Unless of course they're new and unused then you may as well keep them! But I think guys would be slightly weirded out by using something that's been on some other man's penis - just like you probably would be if a future boyfriend wanted to use a dildo he used with an ex on you!

If i were to start seeing you and you gave me some cock rings to use I would be fine, but if it were your ex's i would not like that.

You could always go down the route of what he doesnt know wont hurt him, and could just say you bought them for him...

I say if its something like a Cock ring then let him have it, I wouldn't want it.

If its a dildo or vibrator that he used on me or we used togethre then if you like it keep it.

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Sorry to hear that, hope you're doing okay.

I think it depends. If these are dildos/vibrators made out of a non-porous material like silicone or glass you could always sanitise them and use them with any future partners - I probably would to be honest. If I really liked a toy I wouldn't get rid of it just because I used it with an ex.

Cock rings on the other hand, I would probably get rid of because those were primarily used by the guy. Unless of course they're new and unused then you may as well keep them! But I think guys would be slightly weirded out by using something that's been on some other man's penis - just like you probably would be if a future boyfriend wanted to use a dildo he used with an ex on you!

this ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

just keep what you can use and either return or rabbit amnesty the rest

Good question. I gave my ex most of the stuff I didn't think I'd find someone else adventurous enough to use - all things for her pleasure or for bondage where we switched. But I kept a medium bullet and an expensive g-spot vibe. They were of course always sanitised after use and never used on anyone else, and we were both tested, so I know they are no risk. Now the issue has become a practical one - do I disclose and ask if there is an objection to use, produce (still kept in their boxes) and pretend they are new, or throw away so wasting money and harming the environment.

Lovehoney - Stephanie wrote:

Hi rogerthechorister,

Have you heard of our http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/rabbit-amnesty/? There's no need to harm the environment :) You can send us all of your old electrical sex toys (or anything! You could even send us a toaster!) and we will recycle them for you. You even earn https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/your-account/loyalty/products/ to spend on new sex toys!

Also just to let you know I had to remove a couple of words from your post as it is against our http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/forum-rules/ to advertise competing sites.

I hope you'll look into the Rabbit Amnesty!

Stephanie :)

Ooh Stephanie, while you're mentioning Rabbit Amnesty - seeing as we can send off toasters and hair straighteners - I assume it's okay to send my Sqweel 2? I'm not too sure because it's not exactly a vibrator but it does count, right?

There's nothing that was used on him internally so it's not like I'm holding onto dildos to use with someone else :P All of my vibrators/dildos were bought prior to the relationship or for me to use alone during the relationship so don't see why I should get rid of those :P But we used two cock rings together, I don't have a problem using the bullets myself without the ring sleeves, but there's one ring I can't remove the bullet from so should probably toss that one :)

And thanks for the words of support, I'm actually okay after the break up because it wasn't working out for either of us and we're still friends :)

I would keep all the toys intended for use on you as i dont see how that effects your new partner but anything that was bought for him to use id let him take it if he wants or bin them.

I think that how intimate the toy in question also plays a part - for example re-using handcuffs seems much less odd than re-using a dildo or cock ring.