Post-Breakup Sex Toy Clearout

Hey guys,

Last night I had a massive post-breakup clear-out of all my sex toys and, although I'm sad to see them go, I'm looking forward to getting some new stuff, (Bodywand here I come!).

I was just wondering if anyone else has to throw away their toys after a relationship ends, of if I'm the only one!?

Gem @ LHHQ Xx

I think someone on the forum said that they did it.

I would not do it, as most my vibrators are rechargeable, so bit more pricey and I am not rich enough to replace them, took me some time to get them, mainly using spare money I got for some special occasions.

Same as Laveila some things I just like tooo much to throw away and couldnt afford to replace now lol.. would obviously throw anything away I used on them though..

I'm not sure really, it depends how it was used and what it was used for. I would get rid of cock rings as I doubt many men would want to use on of those after someone else.

Claire Cavanah said this in regards to lesbian couples, and I guess it can be used for all forms of couples: "a couple's dildos become suffused with the energy of the sex relationship, and end up symbolising the sexual connection the poor doomed couple had, they belong to the relationship."

I would keep my favourite and expensive ones but would probably bin the rest

I started off throwing away the things that we had used together, then I realised that most of the toys I've acquired over the years have been couples sex toys. So that quickly went out the window and everything went instead!

Yeah. I would likely throw the cock rings out easily. But vibrators I would keep. We have so far very few couple toys, so those would go, and although we do use my vibrators together, those are really mine and I would keep them. Would not have the courage to throw away things like G-Ki or Lelo toys and would be impossible to replace them.

I bought my first sex toys in my late teens and was seeing a guy who had very little interest in sex. I kept them after we broke up because we never shared the toy-experience, but then when I met my now Husband, I got rid of them as I saw them as a reminder of my previous love-less, sex-less relationship!

Hope you're doing okay LovehoneyGem after the break-up, and hey, at least you have the best toy shop right under your nose when it comes to buying some new goodies!

MrsP wrote:

I bought my first sex toys in my late teens and was seeing a guy who had very little interest in sex. I kept them after we broke up because we never shared the toy-experience, but then when I met my now Husband, I got rid of them as I saw them as a reminder of my previous love-less, sex-less relationship!

Hope you're doing okay LovehoneyGem after the break-up, and hey, at least you have the best toy shop right under your nose when it comes to buying some new goodies!

Thanks very much :)

I'm definitely looking forward to picking out a few things after work! Xx

I really only use my toys for solo play, except for our spankers & floggers etc... I don't think I could let another guy use those on me if (god forbid) I broke up with my Sir. They have too much emotional significance for me.

Only one. It was something that had always been more about him, even if it was supposed to be for me.

If things can have bad 'energy', they can also have good associations and those associations don't have to get in the way of forming new ones. There's been something worth remembering in nearly all of my relationships, even after I've moved on.

That's how I approach things like this. Throwing things away has never been particularly cathartic for me, though it works for other people.

I had a clear out on monday night actually. Not relationship related, I just ran out of room in the box I use so I had to reorginize the things that are too loud to use with folks in the house into a box that's harder to get to, and a stroker is getting the chuck. =P

I don't think I would throw things away unless they were porous or i'd bought the toy specifically with another person in mind. Even then i'd probably just tell the other to keep it.

For me, my toys are my own. I've bought all of them while single and even in a relationship I would probably see them as mine or his. If I ever got into a relationship, the toys I have now would have come before him, so they wouldn't really have the same association I don't think.

Throwing them away for me seems like, I dunno, throwing away sheets because someone else has slept in them.

Saying that, i've never been in this situation, so I might end up bawling my eyes out in the back garden, burning everything in a disposable BBQ.

If I ever have the bad luck to break up with my OH (unlikely - we're engaged and both see engagement as as serious a committment as marriage and therefore lifelong) but if it happened I'd get rid of anything that I'd need to share with a future partner in order to use (cock rings....errr, actually just cock rings) and keep anything that I use alone but I would switch to *only* using them alone whereas currently I use my toys around my partner.

I don't know what I'd do with my bondage stuff - I have a lovely collection and almost all of it is used exclusively on my body just implemented by him so I'd be inclined to keep it and discuss it with a future partner.

The only issue with keeping toys I see is sharing a toy with two partners - if the toys aren't shared I agree with PK - no problem :)

Adx

Pixieking wrote:

Saying that, i've never been in this situation, so I might end up bawling my eyes out in the back garden, burning everything in a disposable BBQ.

Don't do that Pixieking! We'd hate to lose you to the fumes.

;-)