When Was The Last Time You....

... Cleared out your underwear drawer?

A comment by another user that she really should have tossed her current pair of knickers coz the elastic was gone made me wonder.

I'm currently in the middle of completely replacing most of my underwear due to a massive breast reduction and subsequent weight-loss. But prior to this I hadn't given my underwear a clear-out in years and it currently fills three drawers in my dresser! Most of it I don't wear, or haven't worn in ages.

So it made me wonder. When was the last time you gave your underwear drawers a good clear-out? And what do you do with all those bras, pants, and miscellaneous other items that you no longer desire?

I dont think I ever actually have given my underwear drawer a proper clean out! Normally I just throw out a pair of knickers that have just had it once I take them off, but I've never had a proper sort out. I really should though, I've bought loads of new knickers lately and can afford to get rid of the older ones now!

Doesn't really apply to me as I'm a guy, but I gave my socks & underwear a cleaning out a few months ago, probably threw out 6/7 pairs of udnerwear and the same number of pairs of socks, went out and bought new ones.

The old ones? Local clothing recycling bank is always happy to take old clothes :)

did mine the last time i was doing a bootsale, as i sold my old bra's and the knickers that i bought in sales but never wore (still had tags on).

i did it cos i had so much stuff and alot of it didnt fit anymore and i sold it all at bootsales to make some cash.

amazes me what people buy second hand, i mean the knickers were new but most of the bra's i had worn but then they was all clean and in good nick. i just personaly wouldnt buy sencond hand undies new or not.

if your a bigger person or have the bigger boobies then they snap it all up as we all know its hard and expencive to get underwear.

Dxx

As a fella... who doesn't really want or need much I tend to end up with lots of boxers and socks at xmas.

So I have some disposable underwear for holidays etc.. that are useful to throw away!

So boys and girls keep your old skimpies for your hols!

Unless you're on the pull of course....

Hmmm. . . .Most of the time I don't wear undies so what I do have last for ages but I do have some crazy ones! Also I get special undies bought for me from work oh yes! , these are fireproof as I do a lot of testing fire fighting chemicals and it gets a bit burny hot! And I tend to wear long johns from nov to march with no undies! So been a long time since I sorted me smalls out!

Oh, got loadsa holy socks too!

SG69

I had a clearout a few months ago. I really needed some new bras as most of them didn't fit properly after I had my second child. I went up from a 36B to a 38C and after 3 years I figured thats not going to change(!) so I got rid of most of them and got some new ones with knickers to match. I keep my old knickers until they fall apart as I wear them when I have a period - my periods are heavy and I don't want to ruin my best undies :0}

Probably on a monthly basis, I clean out my drawers so she can have more space for all her stuff. Not quite sure how it works but apparently my lovely missus is happy with the situation

Are your ears burning AA... hehe

hmm i tend to go through more bras than knickers for some reason. but i do tend to have the "fvorite bra" that gets worn till it falls apart!i tend to buy knickers when i buy new bras so about 3/4 times a year. i also get bought pants and socks at xmas

but i dunno if this is cause of my mother but i always have some "doctors knickers" that are only worn for going to the docs and on hols ect.

Avrielle Aniko - heheh. But seriously wanted to know. And my bitsnbobs really do take up three drawers. Which is worrisome coz there's only four drawers in the dresser!

Disco Dave - never thought of the clothing recycling! Think that's where my pants and socks will go! Maybe they can turn em into useful rags or something....

Diamonds - gonna have a go listing my bras on ebay, see if there's any takers. Before my surgery I was wearing bras between a G and an H, so definately for bigger ladies!

I have to admit I did a major clear out of my whole wardrobe let alone my underwear drawer in the last month. Mainly due to moving house, I found some great undies I had forgot I had lol, so I guess I won't leave it too long before dsorting out my drawers lol

elle-scotland - its been way too long - me thinks ive found what im doing tomorrow!!

diamonds - ive seen worse - used pants at a car boot :-s

admit it ladies we all have a couple of really-comfy-old-used-to-be-white-but-now-greyish-elastic-went-during-the-nineties-pants for the visits from the crimson tide!

has anyone ever cleared out your OH's drawers - my bloke wont throw away a pair of boxers until he quite literally puts his foot in it (and out through the other side!!!) - think he needs to get some tough fireproof ones like sexyget 69 has!

Oh my god my underwear!

I cleared out my wardrobe at the end of august, sorted out the summer stuff I'd kee for next year, got out last years autumn/winter stuff (I do that twice a year, I'm good like that), I went though all mu underwear then.

I found:

Three bras that did not fit me well/were too uncomfortable

four pairs of knickers that were falling apart

Tights I had not worn for three years that had holes in

A suspender belt that was too small and I'd never worn it

A g string that was torn (haven't worn it for years and yes I remember the night THAT got ripped lol)

So I had quite a bit of sorting out to do and now I have a lot of room for new stuff!

I'm usually good at keeping on top of the undie situation but I'm due a tidy -out too (which I might got do right now).

It can be a real eye-opener to simply count up what you've got and, assuming you only wear one pair a day, how long you could go for on what you've got!!

I'm trying to get into the habit of buying mixing & matching sets that fit properly and that I'll enjoy wearing. While we all need some 'sensible' pants, they should definitely be the minority.

Chuck/recycle the stuff you don't like, don't fit or is on it's last legs. If you want to buy replacement new stuff, buy a couple of bras in a style/colour you like with 2-3 matching pants (best to do in a oner - they always seem to discontinue the style you like later, when you want to get replacements). I guarantee it'll make you smile, opening your undies drawer after that - and of course , if you can get down to one drawer, that leaves a further 2 drawers to fill with other goodies ...

Just blazed through the three offending drawers. I now have a carrier bag full of underwear destined for the clothing bin at my local recycling point. Left nearly half a drawer spare for new bras (the main thing I need to restock on) and I now have an ENTIRE DRAWER empty. Maybe I should move my sextoys out of their assorted cardboard boxes?

woop! a whole empty drawer! i salute you! the recycling emptying man is going to be one happy chappy! one of my mates works in a charity shop and they pass things on to a rag man if they are unwearable/sellable, plus its always great to stop things going into landfill - huzzah for love honey's recycling too!

im currently packing for uni, so im kinda cleaning things out now. taking the nicest undies back to uni with me and putting the other decent ones in drawers at home, then binning the worst ones. i need some sexy knickers though http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14182 look amasing when they come back into stock

I last cleaned my underwear drawer out about a month ago, I filled a black bag full of bra's, tights and knickers. I have been stocking back up gradually though.

Last time I did mine was when I moved. I love lingerie and hate throwing anything semi-decent out even if it doesn't quite fit right anymore x