Where to hang sexy lingerie after washing

Hi , I know this sounds a bit odd but I can't be the only one to have this problem...I have just bought myself some crotchless knickers & an open cup body, the thing is I have a 13 yr old daughter and whilst I have had things like a corset on the airer drying and as I wear stockings everyday she sees suspender belts hanging there too , I am a bit uncomfortable about her seeing crotchless pants and more obvious things like the open cup body. I have had crotchless knickers before but that was when she was little so she wouldn't have known any different! What do other ladies(or guys) do if they have older children?

I don't have children, but I do wash and dry all my 'delicates' in a net bag, it saves them snagging on anything else in the wash, and I think could possibly solve your difficult questions issue. Xx

You could perhaps let these naughty items dry with something relatively thin and very, very dull thrown on top them - you could go for tea towels, old bed sheets or tops you wear while pottering about the garden. And hang similar uninteresting items on other lines - something tells me a 13yo girl will not spontaneously take these down to iron them...

Could you hang them on an airer or coat hangers on or near your bedroom radiator? Or the airing/towels cupboard? They would dry quickly there!

Yep I agree in the airing cupboard hanging up behind a towel
that's what we do and it seems to work well

Briona87 wrote:

You could perhaps let these naughty items dry with something relatively thin and very, very dull thrown on top them - you could go for tea towels, old bed sheets or tops you wear while pottering about the garden. And hang similar uninteresting items on other lines - something tells me a 13yo girl will not spontaneously take these down to iron them...

This made me laugh out loud :) no chance of any spontaneous ironing!

Thank you everyone, I do have an airing cupboard or could hang stuff over airer. It is unlikely as well that she would put the washing away without being asked several times!

Could you not wait til she's at school or out to wash them?

My daughters grew up seeing crotchless undies etc drying along side everything else, they never questioned it at all but.....an airing cupboard or on the radiator in your room as suggested would be good if you feel uncomfortable with her seeing them xx

lmh95 wrote:

MiddleAgedDirtbag wrote:

Thank you everyone, I do have an airing cupboard or could hang stuff over airer. It is unlikely as well that she would put the washing away without being asked several times!

That's reminded me of a funny story about a young lady who's mother in law had been helping them out when their washing machine had broken down. Her mother in law returned everything washed and ironed in the laundry basket that her son had dropped off a few days before and on the top of the pile the daughter in law spotted a nicely folded pair of her crotchless knickers that she had forgotten all about that must have been in with the dirty pile. Blushing a scary shade of scarlet and wishing the ground would swallow her up the young lady was horrified when her mother in law then told her that she had noticed the stitching must have come undone in the wash leaving a hole and she hoped that she didn't mind but she had mended them for her. Oh, the shame! Lol :)
Hahaha! That's hilarious x

My crotchless knickers blew off the washing line into my elderly neighbours garden last year. He handed them back saying they must have got caught on something as there was a hole in the gusset !! Red face or what !! Lol x

I usually just hang my saucy stuff out on the rotary clothes dryer hidden behind some other stuff like towels or t shirts .
Thought I was being quite discreet as our 22 year old son still lives at home until a few weeks ago when I was hanging out the washing and my son came out and presented me with a pair of pink and black crotchless knickers and " I think these are yours " .They must have fallen out of the basket as I walked out of the kitchen !

Yeah ....that would have been hilarious ! lol Shame I didn't think of that at the time , I just tried to look casual about the whole thing .....not sure I pulled it off though !

if it's crotchless knickers or just knickers in general as i wash a whole load at a time i hang them on a trouser hanger to dry them no ones going to know what's there unless they actually go digging around you can then hang the trouser hanger where ever you like

Before I moved in with my now husband, he had bought me underwear I didn't want my parents seeing. I'd wash while they were at work and dry in my room with my hairdryer before replacing (at the bottom) on my smalls drawer.

Hope this helps.

Mrs Pink and myself are both lingerie wearers and I do all the delicates since the Mrs put a lovely bra in with the jeans and towels (it came out in two halves). I usually do the wash when the kids are at school and hang it to dry on an airer in my study, which locks and is gnerally fairly warm.

If you have older kids you might be able to dry it while they're in bed, but TBH, I don't think it's that much of a problem. And if you mix it up with plainer stuff, it'll be hard to spot. Just surround it with 'ordinary' lingerie and other delicates.

Most teenagers aren't very interested in how things get clean again, so if you keep it casual I think you'll be fine.

dont think teenagers are that bothered ..makes me laugh when postman knocks with the lovehoney box and if they answer just throw it at me and say parcel from lovehoney for u..they know ...so for us just hanging my crothless knickers on line along with rest of the stuff..

Terri JJ wrote:

My crotchless knickers blew off the washing line into my elderly neighbours garden last year. He handed them back saying they must have got caught on something as there was a hole in the gusset !! Red face or what !! Lol x

I remember laughing at this last year. I hand wash my silk knickers they are 100 mulberry I then pat them dry with kitchen roll then wrap in a towel. My corsets I just hang discreetly with t shirts.

lmh95 wrote:

MiddleAgedDirtbag wrote:

That's reminded me of a funny story about a young lady who's mother in law had been helping them out when their washing machine had broken down. Her mother in law returned everything washed and ironed in the laundry basket that her son had dropped off a few days before and on the top of the pile the daughter in law spotted a nicely folded pair of her crotchless knickers that she had forgotten all about that must have been in with the dirty pile. Blushing a scary shade of scarlet and wishing the ground would swallow her up the young lady was horrified when her mother in law then told her that she had noticed the stitching must have come undone in the wash leaving a hole and she hoped that she didn't mind but she had mended them for her. Oh, the shame! Lol :)

Brilliant :)

1 Like

I live with my mum still so I’ll usually wash any sexier items myself and dry them in my room but I’m sure she has seen them. My boyfriend moved in with us because of the lockdown and distance and he wears thongs quite often so I’ve been washing our underwear most of the time but she has seen them also.