Which hair straighteners?

Ladies...... Hair straightners. I'm wanting to buy my oh a new pair.But with so many different makes on the market which ones do I go for. Now I must say that my oh has a long and I mean a long beautiful head of hair.Its down to her arse lol.And with the pair she has now well,to say it takes forever to straighten her hair is an understatement. So I'm looking for advice/recommendation's for buying her a decent pair. Thanks in advance Jason

A lot of hairdressers will recommend Cloudnine straighterners now if you ask them.

Personally I have GHD's. If she has normal/thick hair I'd say the mark V. If she has fine hair then the Platinums I have found to be much better for my own baby fine hair.

I use ghd. But every one says cloud 9 .

I would normally say GHD my girlfriend had her first GHD for a very long time, It eventually died, so last year she got another GHD it only lasted 6 months so sent it back and got a replacement but again it broke again in less than six months.

So I'm told Cloud 9 is still GHD correct me if I'm wrong.

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

GHDs for me too

+1

It's hard to say without knowing her hair type, and whether her hair has been chemically treated. If she has wavy/curly hair I'd suggest she look online to find out her hair type. If you Google search for hair type you can find more tailored hair advice. GHDs are a safe bet for most hair.

C used to have GHD's. She bought some Kipozi ones off Amazon.....really professional looking with an LCD screen and variable temp. Had them for 2 years now and she loves them.

Honestly, GHDs really are the best (in my opinion!)

GHDs have been the best so far and lasted the longest time, nowhere near as much damage as other straighteners ☺️

I got GHD's for my wife some years ago she says theyre great don't burn your hair heat up really fast less than a min turn themselves off if left so the £100 price tag is only £25 a year or £2 a month, cable is long and very flexible.

I have only ever owned GHD's. Personally wouldn't buy anything else. I got my most recent pair about 6 years ago now, and never had any issues. The pair I had before only needed replacing because I stood on them and cracked them. I have used friends straigheners before and never found my hair to be as straight afterwards.

As a past hairdresser, I agree with the vote on GHDs too.

A massive thank you to all of you that have given your opinions views and recommendation's. I've opted for the Cloud 9 wides. Now to wrap them up with a little ribbon and bow on top haha. Thanks once again you lovely lot.