Who's your idol/hero/heroine?

There doesn't seem to be a thread on people we look up to, so why not share the people who inspire you? Could be a fictional character, a superhero, a war hero, popstar, anyone :) Explain why they inspire you too!

Two of my heroines are:

Audrey Hepburn - I admire how much she's done for UNICEF towards the end of her life

Josephine Baker - I'm inspired by how she shared all wealth until she became poor, her support for the American Civil Rights Movement and assisted the French Resistance in WW2 and recieved a medal of honor for her work

Now, your turn! :)

My dad, he's been my best friend, protector and hero my entire life, and he quit working 10 years ago to become my full time carer after i was diagnosed with depression and severe OCD, i honestly wouldn't be here without him, he's amazing. Hope he likes his presents tomorrow!

Love my dad .... But in the bedroom it's mrs Lovett .... Sweeney todd

Valentino Rossi,

Unbelieveably talented at riding a motorbike, enthusiastic younge sexy and Italian!

Guy Martin,

A REAL man, great TT rider, down to earth truck mechanic, tea drinker, the most passionate man I have ever seen. He has huge guy next door sex apeal.

In fairness I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed, but I admire their passion and dedication to their chosen sports, mostly motorbike racing but also Raleigh car driving, and world record breaking.

Mine is a person called Gerard Way. He's best known for being in a now broken up band called My Chemical Romance but is an artist and comic book writer on his own. Has been endlessly inspiring in my life since I was about 12 years old, his outlook on life and he really did influence my decisions in teenage years which is very special to me. Wonderful person he is.

valentino rossi don't fancy him but is amazing at what he has achieved and what he does

louise jameson when she was in doctor who

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

Mine is a person called Gerard Way. He's best known for being in a now broken up band called My Chemical Romance but is an artist and comic book writer on his own. Has been endlessly inspiring in my life since I was about 12 years old, his outlook on life and he really did influence my decisions in teenage years which is very special to me. Wonderful person he is.

Couldn't agree more there Paige, to go through what he has and stil be such a positive inspiration to so many is amazing

I have two heroes,strangely they are both drummers! Neil Peart of Rush,he is a brilliant drummer and lyricist,he is also a great writer of travelogue type books based on his motorcycle journeys between cities where the band are playing.The book Ghost Rider which tells of his struggle to cope with the death of his teenage daughter in a car accident,then the death of his wife from cancer shortly after,is heartbreaking,but an unputdownable read.

My other hero is Mike Portnoy ex-drummer of Dream Theater,he too,is an excellent drummer,and when in Dream Theater he was the person who made being a fan special.Now he plays with various groups of differing musical styles,but his enthusiasm and skill ensure a quality record whoever he plays with.

Probably PJ Harvey. We were born in the same county. I always find her inspirational and enthralling.

I agree, Paige... Gerard is such an inspiration, not just musically and artistically...but also for how he speaks out about depression and prescription drug addiction, so many teenagers have been helped by his honesty... I love his solo music too...he's also incredibly f*ckable!!

My idol would be Alice Cooper ('we're not worthy' ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif)) I found his music when I was about 12 or 13, his lyrics touched my soul and spoke to me in ways no adult could, his music has helped me through so many difficult times. Been lucky enough to see him a few times -even now, at the age of 70, he never lets his audience down!

Have to say...the day Alice or Ozzy are led by the Valkyries to Valhalla will be a sad sad day for me.

Marie Stopes is one of my heroines, among other things, she founded the first birth control clinic in Britain finally giving women control over their bodies and how many children they had... her manual 'Married Love' caused quite a stir in the early 1900's too!

Frida Kahlo, in my early days at art school her work inspired me to keep my work individual, not to bow to those who say "can't you paint/draw proper picutures" meaning realistic... occasionally I'll do a photo realistic portrait, just to prove I can...but Frida inspired me to keep my semi abstract style alive and vibrant.

Definitely my late Dad and Mr Scorpius - they are both amazing and truly inspirational!