Favourite Character TV or Film and why

Not sure if this will gain interest, has a Character you watched on TV or in a film inspired you? Or did you feel a connection, understanding for them? If so why? Did you watch a sports person and take up a sport as a result. I will add music, was there a band that made you dress in a certain way or take up a certain understanding?

Me, when I was very young Bruce Lee was still alive and I admired him. As a result I studied three different styles of fighting forms.

Villanelle, Yes I know wrong wrong on many levels but I understood the Psychology, it was that aspect of her that I liked and understood having studied it many year’s ago.

Nick Berry in Heartbeat. Having served in a profession similar, the characters smartness and professionalism played a small role in how I conducted myself.

3 Likes

Mine is a bit of a weird one. I feel a connection to Derek Hale from teen wolf as I feel like I act a lot like him in real life and I am quite misunderstood like him. He’s also inspired me to stand my ground which I am quite bad at to be fair. I don’t know if this was the answer you were looking for but there you go.

2 Likes

Clint Eastwood or Luke skywalker

1 Like

@DanceswithPenguins When I got to the end of the first paragraph, I said Villanelle (before I read you put her). I just love her, and I can’t really put my finger on why. She’s a very clever, deep character and beautifully portrayed. I do feel a connection of some sorts with her.
I’m sure there is someone else, but I’m tired and can’t think right now.

1 Like

I think a part of her exists in every lady and quite rightly so :wink:

2 Likes

Used to have a serious thing for Dr Quinn medicine woman (Jayne Seymour) not necessarily my favourite but she just popped into my head so thought I’d share :grin:

Alan Shore from Boston Legal is probably one of my favourite TV characters.

He is a complex character with deep passion for justice, he exudes charm and confidence yet has so many anxieties and his capacity for love and freindship (in particular his relationship with Shatner / Deny Crane) is admirable.

Damon Salvatore from Vampire Diaries. He’s sarcastic and snarky, doesn’t seem to care what people think of him, doesn’t care about a lot of people but those he does care for, he’d do anything for.

He keeps his softer side well buried for the most part and it takes a lot to get into it.

Definite similarities with me!

2 Likes

Mine is kill bill ( Uma Thurman ) the reason is because she reminds me of my sister and simply because she is seriously bad ass

1 Like

@sharbur omg Derek Hale and Teen wolf you are literally speaking my language right now!!!

Mine would have to be Xena warrior Princess. I had a real tough time growing up and that gave me an escape and she always managed to inspire me to keep strong. Not to mention me and the actress who played her share same bday… Finding that out growing up just made my day and my best friend had a Palamino Pony I could ride just like Xena’s horse Argo… Those days I was in my element!

Sorry guys enough geek chat now. Lol. I CAN’T HELP MYSELF!

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that! Doesn’t matter what gives you a shove! Plus she’s sexy as anything :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I used to watch it all the time, mainly for other reasons bsck then though :joy:

1 Like

Captain Planet
… because he’s a hero

1 Like

:joy::joy: not heard that in forever

The one that springs to mind is Mark Watney in the martian (ps. The book is even better than the film)
Weapons grade optimism and a sense of humor in the face of adversity are how i get through my day. Plus i like to science the hell out of things too. Coming up with unusual solutions for things kind of runs in the family.

2 Likes

Lelaina Pierce in “Reality Bites” and, Jane in “Empire Records” are characters I remember seeing as a teenager and identifying with elements of their life.

In terms of TV shows “Blossom” stuck out.

1 Like

Couple of things that come to mind that inspired me.

Steve Prefontaine, A distance runner who overcame pain to achieve, his philosophy helped me run certain runs.

Madness/The specials/The beat/Bad manners/The selector. Each band bringing everyone together.

1 Like

Captain Planet

Because he’s a hero!

I like the female lead, Annalise, in How To Get Away With Murder on Netflix. It’s her strength, assertiveness and take no crap attitude. I aspire to be a strong independent woman who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. She does have her faults (don’t we all?) but her ability to fight back against adversity is brilliant :raised_hands::heart:

1 Like

Mr Benn…

Loved how he got dressed up and went on an adventure…then came back to his everyday life.

I wanted to do that…

So I did…and did and did…and still do

Love having a fancy dress fix.

4 Likes

Used to love watching Mr Benn

3 Likes