why does it feel like he doesn't want me?

i have quite a loving relationship with my partner but we dont seem to have a sex life anymore.. it all started about 5 months ago when i was about 6 months pregnant and he said it felt like our baby was in the middle which i respected then after i had our baby and i felt comfortable with havin sex again he still didn't seem interested and would say it was because he didnt want to hurt me because it was only a few weeks since i had our baby and that he'd read that you should wait six weeks as it could cause me to hemorrhage, which i thought was nice because he was thinking about my well being now its been way over 6 weeks nd now he says its just because hes tired all the time.. we have had some really great sex in the last few weeks but it hasn't happened as much as i'd like, now i have low self esteem and im starting to feel like he's repulsed by me.. could this be the case?

or could it be a string of excuses for some reason or maybe my sex drive has increased and just want it more than we used to?

st3phxx - i wouldnt worry too much, kudos to you for wanting sex only 6 weeks after having a baby, but as i am sure you know having a child espescially so early on is incredibly draining, emotionally as well as physically, so i wouldnt think too much in to his lack of drive at the moment other than just that.

DrtyBoy- thankyou for your comment, im sure its just me being silly and it hasn't been long time since having little one and i suppose he's still getting used to all the different changes (night feeds, body changes etc..) just as much as i am but i guess i'm not seeing it from his perspective, thankyou for your help.

no probs, i was the same as your hubby i think - i remember when mine was 1-2 months old and the last thing on my mind was sex (most of the time) i was so shattered and the whole experience was quite a shock to the system....but it passes in time, things do slowly get back to normal when a routine is established and you have more time to yourselves.