wishlists

So just wondering has anybody ever been bought anything off their wish lists by a stranger off the forums, if so did they remain anonymous and what did they get you? :) x

nope, I have only recently made a wishlist for myself, as a list of treats for when I can afford something. Its easier to list an item, so that I can quickly go back to what I wanted, instead of searching the site! Couple of clicks and its added to my basket.

Never enough wrote:

So just wondering has anybody ever been bought anything off their wish lists by a stranger off the forums, if so did they remain anonymous and what did they get you? :) x

its not usually a stranger as you make friends on here people might decide to buy you something for a number of reasons like you helped them out in some way. its up to them to remain anonymous but a message can be sent with the present.

theres already a thread on here where people say what they got as a present

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/685272-i-got-a-prezzie-part-2/

hihowareyou wrote:

Never enough wrote:

its not usually a stranger as you make friends on here people might decide to buy you something for a number of reasons like you helped them out in some way. its up to them to remain anonymous but a message can be sent with the present.

theres already a thread on here where people say what they got as a present

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/685272-i-got-a-prezzie-part-2/

Thanks for sharing the link, there are some kind people

I did buy someone something yesterday. They should receive it today or tomorrow. I am only sorry I couldn't afford more as it is a very small treat, but maybe next time :)

And to balance out the picture a bit, have a read of this.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/683778-anyone-ever-heard-of-a-man-wishlisting/

From what I've seen on the forums, anonymous giving is more about wanting to do something nice for a particular person/friend without creating a sense of obligation or for the fun and mystery of it. It's not really a stranger-stranger thing.

Never received anything from a stranger, just lovely people I've made friends with on the forum. I still don't expect them to buy me anything though even if they send me something as a gesture to say thanks if I have offered some helpful advice or given them support. Likewise, I've never sent a stranger anything either...just seems a bit wierd to me.

Wow. I never realised there were so many kind and generous people out there. That's made me smile this morning :)

i have recieved some lovely gifts from friends, i have made on the lovehoney forum, i also have bought firends gifts from the forum ,as a way of saying thankyou for helping me with things, i had problems with, or they have just been very kind to me when i have been going through a bad time,its just a way of saying that you apreciate what they have done for you,and i think that is lovely you are able to do this

when somebody gets a gift they place it on the i got a prezzie thread,sometimes they have sent a message other times they have not but i have found out who they were lol no hiding on the forum

there are some lovely people on this forum who've sent me gifts in the past for various reasons .. and i have sent gifts out to others too .

people on here are so lovely and really good comfort in hard times sometimes and ive sent thank you gifts for people whove listened when ive needed an ear etc

There are some lovely people on here. I've sent a few things and recieved a few things. I wish I could gift more often but I'm usually skint x

its great that there are people on the forum that gift each other, only just created a wishlist last week for my own ideas for christmas gifts for my OH to peruse