Wooden Dildo?

What do they look like, are they any good? splinters?

Also the only thing that really creeps me is the OH's ex's step uncle makes them, he doesnt talk to him directly its always through her step dad and well he'd need to go to her house for it, isnt that a little strange he told me their sex life was extremely boring, almost as if it was a do it get it over with thing, she already thinks im a creep YAY

I'd like to say wonderful things about wooden dildos, but so far I've only experienced bad problems, from splinters, and coatings coming away.

http://nymphomaniacness.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/wooden-toy-warning.html

There's a lot of smaller companies within the UK currently making wooden dildos which aren't really safe.I'm currently testing a few of the didlos made by one of the companies above... and when I mean testing, I am using lubes instead of inserting them. They've basically suggested that it's my body and natural fluids which are the problem, and not their coating. I'll get to the bottom of it soon, and when I do, I will blog about it.

However, I have heard that there are a few big brands which make wonderful wooden dildos, such as nobessence. The coating is more like a hard resin, rather than a wax and food grade oils. Basically, avoid smaller companies, although they look pretty and are cheaper, wooden toys are one of those toys where it's worth splashing out on a bit.

Hello Nymp,

did you try some of the big brands? I am just wondering. And your video does sound painful. Ouch.

hmmm just been looking at my chair leg

maybe if i ..............

lol p and j check for splinters

punchnjudy wrote:

LOL - and just remember which chair is missing it's leg later....

Ouch and double ouch

Just imagine having to get someone to remove a splinter

you are making my eyes water

Laveila wrote:

Hello Nymp,

did you try some of the big brands? I am just wondering. And your video does sound painful. Ouch.

I haven't yet. But I plan to once I can get hold of them within the UK =)

Also, if you still considering getting a wooden toy from a smaller company (although I'd advise against it), make sure you ask about the oils and waxes they use - some companies use nut oils to seal the wood, so if you have a nut allergy you should advoid using them.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Hello Nymp,

Also, if you still considering getting a wooden toy from a smaller company (although I'd advise against it), make sure you ask about the oils and waxes they use - some companies use nut oils to seal the wood, so if you have a nut allergy you should advoid using them.

I was looking at them, but not yet considered buying one, but I may in the future, although now I am rather worried if the coating goes off so fast. Thats why I asked if you have experience with the larger companies. If you get a hold of one of those, let me know how you go on with it, please

yeah I'm with http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/the-nymphomaniac/, go with the well known pricy brands, the smaller home made company types just aren't hitting it with the H&S of a product

Laveila wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Hello Nymp,

I was looking at them, but not yet considered buying one, but I may in the future, although now I am rather worried if the coating goes off so fast. Thats why I asked if you have experience with the larger companies. If you get a hold of one of those, let me know how you go on with it, please

I will let you know =) I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get hold of one within the next month or so.

I know ruffledsheets has one of these http://www.nobessence.com/ I've also spoken with this company before about their coating and they seem to be very helpful and have tested their coating a lot!

ouch spliters :(

ouch! and yeah im the queen of allergies so ill probably take a pass

Punchandjudy thats all i could see infact in The Nymphomaniac's video i thought the dark one was a table/chair leg XD!

Think ill skip the splinters and if one appears keep it as an ornametal lol

x

Yeah im glad ive not agreed to it, kinda the last place anyone wants a splinter! lol

I have the Tryst by Nobessence and I can't rate it highly enough, have used it a dozen times and it still looks as good as new. No problems with splinters!

My review is here:

http://www.purplepassions.net/2/post/2012/07/nobessence-tryst.html

I think this is a case of checking out companies and quality

punchnjudy wrote:

Appreciate humour, suggest glass or synthetic much safer, if desperation watch the splinters, rather you be pleasured than pained. New photo, what a poser. wow !!!!

Horny Cock_A_Too wrote:

punchnjudy wrote:

Appreciate humour, suggest glass or synthetic much safer, if desperation watch the splinters, rather you be pleasured than pained. New photo, what a poser. wow !!!!

I agree that glass is safe, but unless you know the background of the company and etc, it's best to avoid smaller 'home-made style' sex toy companies. With glass larger companies have special lighting and things to check for creats. Also, some glass toys made by homemade companies may not be pyrex glass, or they could contain lead in them. Larger companies which are stocked by good retailers such as Lovehney will make sure their glass toys are safe beforehand.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Horny Cock_A_Too wrote:

punchnjudy wrote:

I agree that glass is safe, but unless you know the background of the company and etc, it's best to avoid smaller 'home-made style' sex toy companies. With glass larger companies have special lighting and things to check for creats. Also, some glass toys made by homemade companies may not be pyrex glass, or they could contain lead in them. Larger companies which are stocked by good retailers such as Lovehney will make sure their glass toys are safe beforehand.

Nymphomanic, obviously well researched much appreciated and helpful in dildo selection . Clearly a "Mistress" of dildo riding !!!

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Horny Cock_A_Too wrote:

punchnjudy wrote:

crack*