Got Wood?

I couldn't find a thread on this already so thought I'd start a new one.

Given that LoveHoney now stock a range of wooden toys, I wondering if anyone had any experience of using them and could shed some light as to how they feel, their texture etc. I'm really tempted but not sure I want to splash out so much on a toy that's gonna give me splinters (a joke of course).

Any help will be gratefully received

I've looked, I like differing materials. We have glass, metal and varying plastics. Toooooo pricey on the wood though!

if your worried about splinters, make sure the wood is a hardwood (google the type of wood and it should be easy enough to find, Examples: Oak, Mahogony, Teak, basicaly deciduse trees [think thats spelt right, trees which drop their leafs are, as a rule of thumb, hardwoods and less lightly to splinter])

Doug wrote:

if your worried about splinters, make sure the wood is a hardwood (google the type of wood and it should be easy enough to find, Examples: Oak, Mahogony, Teak, basicaly deciduse trees [think thats spelt right, trees which drop their leafs are, as a rule of thumb, hardwoods and less lightly to splinter])

They wouldnt sell them if the wood was likely to splinter in any way. Imagine the lawsuits!

Ecksvie wrote:

Doug wrote:

They wouldnt sell them if the wood was likely to splinter in any way. Imagine the lawsuits!

very true, and not just the law suits, the newspaper headlines

Does a hairbrush handle count? :-s

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Does a hairbrush handle count? :-s

If it was plastic. No.External Media

Wood does sound nice, but i'm yet to try a "normal" dildo! only used vibrators but sometimes just use them with the vibrations off!

i like the idea of a wood dildo though, something posh about it i think!

VW x

I would love to try these things, but they are ridiculously pricey; I know for a fact my father in law could do those things for a fraction of the price, it's just unfortunate that I can't ask him to!

well u could make one? If you know anyone who has acces to a wood lathe, then you could make a stright one, admitidly it wont have the same featurs as a carved one, but it would be a good start. You would need to either use very fine glasspaper or find a sutible varnish for it tho

just need to know a turner ..i know a guy who hand crafts thrm out of silver

well i beleive they can be warmed up

but these were made for a gay couples present

Thanks for all the replies. I am still very tempted, mostly just to know what it feels like, as I imagine it has to be a completely different feeling to glass, as wood doesnt really retain a temperature, so wouldn't be able to warm up or cool down.

Hmmmmm.........Well i've put it on my OA wishlist if the LoveHoney pixies are feeling very generous, but failing that I really think curiosity will get the better of me.

I've never thought of wood as a sex toy for myself, If it doesn't vibrate for me I'm not that keen, but i love my glass dildo's and the texture is different so maybe wood might be something to look at!

They are pricey tho!!

xGHx

I prefer vibrators to dildo's so I probably wouldn't try one, they do look good though but I have to agree with the others, they are pricey!

xx

I've only had the various synthetics and glass. Wood and metal are tempting but the price is really off-putting. I'll just wait until someone starts making marble toys and throw my life savings in to one of those.

GHxx wrote:

I've never thought of wood as a sex toy for myself, If it doesn't vibrate for me I'm not that keen, but i love my glass dildo's and the texture is different so maybe wood might be something to look at!

They are pricey tho!!

xGHx

Although I do love things that vibrate, being a bloke, its not really a necessity, as I love plugs, dildos and whatever else up there.lol. Would love to try one of these two:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14643

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14640

Perhaps the way glass toys became really cheap someone could consider introducing a 'value' wood range!

*hint hint LH gods*

I'm hoping to order some wooden toys at some point, they are pricey like others say. but every now and again you have to splash out and treat yourself.... espically if you have a LH £10 off voucher handy.