World mental health day (Saturday 10th October 2020)

Just want to remind everyone in the forum that today is World Mental Health Day today!

Take time to text , chat, talk. Or call a friend a mate OH and check how we are all feelings fears or just to say I am here if you need to speak to me !

In these strange strained times we all need time to reflect about our own well being​:pray:

18 Likes

Very good reminder. My workplace held a lot of virtual events yesterday, but at these times, everyone needs to take care of their mental health and stay mentally safe as well as physically x

5 Likes

It should get more coverage. It is important we all remind our self of this illness.

5 Likes

@KinkyMira it’s just as important to be mentally safe as you safe somethings just creep up on us and with the new restrictions coming next week people will be feeling and fearing the worse but I hope we all come through it safe and well :pray:

6 Likes

@Gazza_64 I was going to create a topic on this! Thank you for making awareness! Mental health is so close to my heart both for myself and OH and plenty others out there. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

@Rae1 it’s not a problem hun I thought I would remind as many as possible it’s important in the current times we are living in :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I have to say, this is the first time ive heard of this. Apart from some lovely people on here i dont have people to really check in with :frowning: its a lonely struggle.

Hope everyone is ok

9 Likes

@zombifiedguy you know we are here for you mate wether it’s a rant moan or just a chat ( not 1-2-1 on here that’s forbidden) but we can try and support you best way we can ! :pray:

2 Likes

I’ll say this, visiting this forum has certainly boosted my mental health, all you lovely, smart, witty, sexy supportive people. I look forward to my daily visits.I hope we continue to be friendly and supportive of each other for many years to come. Thanks to @Gazza_64 for highlighting today. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Well said @WillC

1 Like

Hi mate @WillC no worries mate we are all here only once and we all need times where we look for help support or just to vent if it helps then so be it. We all need some time out and support whoever we are and however we feel things change​:pray::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Having struggled with depression in my late 20’s and early 30’s I learnt that it’s essential to talk and share problems no matter how big or small. Also remember it’s ok not to be ok!

7 Likes

I’ve been on various tablets for over 20 years and still struggle daily. Some people ask if you’re ok but when you tell them they switch off and don’t really care . It’s great to come on here and speak to all you lovely people- even if it’s just to unload problems x

6 Likes

@woodstock2 we are all here for you

2 Likes

@Justthe2ofus2007 if doing this helps just 1 person then I have done my bit ! Stay safe hun :kissing_heart::pray:

4 Likes

Great topic @Gazza_64!

Sending every single one of you a hug. All in this together :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Top bloke @Gazza_64

:two_hearts::heart::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Sending my love to everyone today… And everyday

:kissing_heart::heart:

6 Likes

Check in with us @zombifiedguy, we’ve got your back!

5 Likes

Surely it’s not too much to be liked and loved for who we are and not to be judged for whom and what we like

3 Likes