Would anyone else consider purchasing this?

Some retaillers are starting to get the point that women's shapes are NOT what they were in 1955.

I wear a 16 in jeans and depending on where I buy tops and how slutty I want to look sometimes 16, sometimes 18.

I'm short (5ft 1in) - so I don't carry my weight all that well, so tend to wear heels most of the time.

That said - I still want to look and feel sexy. I find that even the sex clothes that say "size 16" on them aren't - i stand laughing thinking "size 16 - on what planet?"

I want nicely fitting seductive clothing for my curvy figure, which doesn't look like my lovehandles are struggling to get free making me look ridiculous without having to try on a size 20 to get it over my boobs and arse. I have a nice plump arse that I'm proud of and like to make the most of.

I wish the seductive clothes fairy could enter my head to bring my dreams to reality.

I have found that "Triumph" do some gorgeous seductive clothing in larger sizes - and I'm a lucky girl cos the Triumph outlet store is in the outlet villiage near where I live :)

Wow now that is very sexy Avrielle, may consider investing in that too!!!

KinkyKev wrote:

Fantastic thanks Gem

Happy to help!

I do like babydolls

the ones that open down the middle

I find that those can be flattering for almost everyone

and i have a rather large selection of them

Got any favourites that you've bought from LH HellsBells

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Laveila wrote:

hellsbellsmichelle wrote:

Note to lovehoney

The average size of women in the UK is 16 - yes - 16

So more larger sizes please xxxxxx

Erh. thats scared me. I am size 14 up,larger 16 hips and I consider myself fat and trying to loose some weight, as my BMI is just too high. to think this is average size...

16 as average is a bit scary. But then I am a size 20 just now !!!!

As long as you feel goog about yourself, thats what matters, but as average, I think its bit too high,...round 12ish would be what I would expect as like much better average.

As for changing female figure. I heard that too. That less women tend to have the typically hourglass figure and more tend to have a belly. And also bigger breasts. And its a pain, being very typical hourglass figure in larger size, as people just assume I have to have bigger waist too which I just dont have :-(

I haven't bought anything from LH lingerie wise yet. Bought a lovely AS pink animal print basque not too long ago with a little skirt on the bottom of it, haven't used it yet as I broke up with my then OH before we got a chance to give it a run.

My favourite is a white babydoll with wired cups but soft flowing pleated chiffon with matching not quite there knickers from Triumph. It was in their bridal range a couple of years ago, but it's still a favourite of mine.

Can't find anything with it - but it was a little like this http://www.kitten-kit.com/imgthumb.asp?image=/images/2076/1.jpg&maxheight=600

but wow - a couple of things have caught my eye

http://shop-uk.triumph.com/FROU-FROU-COQUIN/10092487,en_GB,pd.html&cgid=1000000#!prefn1%3Dbrand%26prefv1%3DValisere%26i%3D5%26color%3D00NE_silver_shadow%26sz%3D24%26start%3D24#image

and

http://shop-uk.triumph.com/AR%C3%94ME-DIVIN/10100525,en_GB,pd.html&cgid=1000000#!prefn1%3Dbrand%26prefv1%3DValisere%26i%3D22%26color%3D0004_black%26sz%3D24%26start%3D0#image

shall continue to be frustrated

I really need a man

and fast

Laveila wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Laveila wrote:

hellsbellsmichelle wrote:

Note to lovehoney

The average size of women in the UK is 16 - yes - 16

So more larger sizes please xxxxxx

Erh. thats scared me. I am size 14 up,larger 16 hips and I consider myself fat and trying to loose some weight, as my BMI is just too high. to think this is average size...

16 as average is a bit scary. But then I am a size 20 just now !!!!

As long as you feel goog about yourself, thats what matters, but as average, I think its bit too high,...round 12ish would be what I would expect as like much better average.

As for changing female figure. I heard that too. That less women tend to have the typically hourglass figure and more tend to have a belly. And also bigger breasts. And its a pain, being very typical hourglass figure in larger size, as people just assume I have to have bigger waist too which I just dont have :-(

Christ if you make 12 the average size I reckon I'll go into meltdown.

That said I'm a 16 and still wouldn't class myself as average!

Er, I think you're all confusing "average" with the supposed "ideal". The media and big-business diet & pharmaceutical companies would very much like us all to believe that size 12 is the size a woman "should" be, and that it's "normal", when reality shows that it's not actually "normal" at all, and that these women are in the minority.

Moreover, studies are beginning to show that constant dieting, and even intermittent dieting are worse for your health than simply being overweight. It also shows that 95% of people who diet end up regaining the weight they lost plus more over a period of over 5 years... so realistically, dieting is only going to make you fatter in the end, unless you're one of the elusive 5% who manage to maintain their weight loss.

I find it endlessly depressing that perfectly gorgeous women spend their lives comparing themselves to others and making themselves miserable when they could be out living their lives and loving themselves... all because someone realised self-hatred = profit. Of course, if someone wants to lose weight for their own reasons that's perfectly ok -- but to do it in order to conform to some "ideal" or "norm" that doesn't actually even exist makes me so angry!

End rant!

shellyboo, I agree that there is a huge pressure on being slim, but I am size 14-16 and I am frankly pretty overweighted. Not obese but if I add about half a stone, and I am obese! Although I think I may have muscles which contribute to the weight a bit. Nevertheless... I am very overweighted. And with being overweigted and obesity comes serious health risks.

Yes, some people may eat what ever they want and never gain weight, an some may eat less and struggle to keep their weight.

Also there is huge difference between dieting like not eating enough or skipping one part of food (not counting sweets, chips etc.) and eating bad food. When I go to supermarket, lot of people are buying large quantities of buscuits and chips and prepared food to put into microwane. Which does contribute to weight gain. Not to mention that many people just cannot be bothere to even walk one stop or one floor up on stairs!

I never said I am not eating when I said I want to loose weight! I do eat, I even eat over 3kg of vegetables a week plus some fruits,I never am hungry, I eat enough to keep my body happy and I do slowly manage to loose weight with exercise.

Btw. I am from a country where size 12 is actually about average.Without media massage, its just that. And those women are not too slim and do look great. But generally Europe-US population is having a problem with increasing overweight and even obesity. Which is a problem.

Actually came across this article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/average-dress-size-of-women-increases-to-14-715277.html

It means that the size of women is growing as fast as 1 size up in a decade. Also average means its the size round which most women would buy cloths, with women on both ends of the scale, so the size 12is is not that unreasonable. A size 12 woman is not extremely slim, thats like size 6-8 which very few would wear.

It looks lovely, I wish they did a plus-sized version.

lovely for sure.

So many nice things for women,If i was female i for sure would love to wear that.

lovehoney your people calll...can we have this in plus size please...ASAP to x

@KinkyKev,

Cottelli sizes appear to be on the small side, so as Gem says, opt for the large size. The Seven Til Midnight Lace and Mesh Teddy also looks nice, but your original choice will probably be too small.

I just bought this in a small, I have a hard time finding clothes that fit my petite frame so hopefully the small sizing applies to the S size as well! It looks so lovely and the price made it too hard to pass up. I love the white and the design. I'll upload photos when I get it so us small girls can see how it holds up :)