Would you be upset...

I spent all week thinking of a romantic gift for OH for today. I bought a sexy gift (clone a willy kit as we've talked about what a turn on it would be to do with 'him' in both holes...plus I won't be missing him too much when he's away) a soppy gift (teddy bear) a gift for 2 (matching heart bowls and mugs for breakfast in bed together) "I ♥ you" chocolates and a card.

He got me...nothing! :-( He hasn't even planned to take me out tonight!

BUT we are going away for a 2 night spa break tomorrow. Does that count? Would you be upset that you didn't even get a card?

I can see why you are upset...but I'm a woman and men can be a bit clueless :-(

Rather than dwell on things, use your gifts tonight to play and totter off and have a fabulous spa break tomorrow.

You've nothing to gain by being pouty now (though I understand why you want to be). Look at the positive...you have a usually great hubby who has left his brains behind just for today...xx

Is he paying for the spa break? If so, I think you're being unreasonable to expect him to take you, if that's what he'd be doing, out tonight as well.

He might have got you just a wee something to open this morning, but I think you might have a point with the card. You should try not to let it ruin the spa though. Sometimes men think in numbers rather than feelings.

Winky1974, I' m not pouty I was just asking if other people would be upset by this. I'm actually not that bothered as the break is such a lovely surprise (OK, I kept hinting we should have a joint spa day but that's cos he needs to relax and not think about work and I have whiplash) I'm actually surprised I'm not upset cos it's very unlike me.

Hi, man here. Clueless ? Really ? LOL.

mr sp wrote:

Hi, man here. Clueless ? Really ? LOL.

I never said that!

As I said before, I am actually surprised I'm not upset as my normal reaction would be to feel very put out. I just wondered whether anyone else would be upset.

I'm getting 3 days away and he won't be working the whole time cos he can't take his iPhone in the spa!! Better than a cheesy card any day!!!

Id be grateful n happy with just the time with him, also just because he said he's not got u anything doesn't mean he won't have anything planned .. just saying ... time is more special than gifts x

I never even get a card so I'd be well chuffed with a spa break !
He probably just thought valentines was sorted as far as he's concerned because you're going away on a break together,maybe he didn't expect you to be getting him anything else .
I'd just let it go and look forward to the spa :)

Perhaps he's planning to give you a gift and card DURING YOUR TWO NIGHT SPA BREAK!!

In answer to your question no, I wouldn't be upset and, yes, I'd say that'd count!

My bf hates Valentines day and is dead against it and refuses to acknowledge it.

Bubblevicious wrote:

Perhaps he's planning to give you a gift and card DURING YOUR TWO NIGHT SPA BREAK!!

I think this is possible :) ^^ I would be a little upset at not getting something that I can hold in my hand and tresure. We keep all our cards in a box. So I would be upset too.

I didnt get her anything but a card and some flowers this year - I certainly dont think she is upset. She's working tonight so is sleeping today, wont have much time for dinner etc later so I couldn't see much point.

I actually see the entire day and idea as total stupidity, why should we only show each other on one day of the year how much we care ? Whenever we are out shopping, if she wants something I'll happily get her it through the year, we tell each other every day we love one another, we make sure we make the most of the time we do spend together, so why would she want anything more on one specific day ?

Yeh i would be upset

A kiss and a `happy valentines` would work, means there is some thought there.

I took my bf out for a meal, but I did not get anything at all. Not a happy bunny, does not half hurt

I hate celebrating Valentine's day sometimes. I never try to hassle people who don't celebrate it into doing so, but it seems the opposite is far from the case.

Social media is just full of smug people who think they're somehow intellectually my superior because they've managed to crack the complexities of The Hallmark Code and have realised it's just so much baloney. But you know what? I got a handmade card from my six year old this morning. I got Batman boxers. Leave us to it.

Celebrate it it makes you happy. Don't if that makes you happy. I'm not going to write off either as 'stupidity'.

Forget about buying anything for me just make me a card and im happy,More thought goes into making cards.

A single day and getting nothing on it shouldn't effect a relationship, I got nothing for valentines and gave nothing, even if we had agreed and forgot, I love her, not whatever gifts she gets me.

I wouldn't. We don't care for Valentines - it's just another day of the year.

I got my husband and myself a Tracey Cox Wand, (which I will add got tested in some solo play before I revealed it to him ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif))

i also went downstairs for breakfast in a new red baby doll that I recently bought, with some white hold-ups that have red bows on them (all from LH).

he made me heart-shaped toast with my favourite topping for breakfast, and I knew he would not have bought me anything, as we have spent quite a lot recently on home stuff, and planning for our new arrival in May. We also need to buy a car to replace mine.

But the unwrapping of his 'present' (me), when we went back upstairs was a pretty darned good gift opportunity, and we thoroughly enjoyed it, knowing that time to ourselves is precious and will soon be very limited.

So no I wouldn't be upset with no actual gift, but would rather have the time and attention he gives me.

No, it wouldn't bother me. We just normally do a card to be honest. We only seen eachother for ten mins today inbetween me finishing work and him starting. And ill not see him till about 11pm tonight. When I went to work i found a card hidden in my handbag that said on the front ' I love you lots like jelly tots' and a little bag of jelly tots :) i thought this was cute because I always say it to my daughter. I like to draw so I have made him a card as I do all the time, not just valentines.. Just randomly lol. And his presents? I didn't get him anything, because usually we don't! But, i'm sure I'll bpay off those kelly tots in kind tonight ;) x

*pay off the jelly tots