Advice needed for a free gift ...

Wondering if any of you lovely people can offer me some advice. It's mine and my OH's 8th anniversary on Monday, and as some of you may know, due to the bank being complete idiots, we've had no money for three weeks. I'd really like to be able to give him a little gift, but I have literally no pennies to go and buy something. I'm usually a very creative/crafty person, but I think the stress and worry is taking it's toll now, and I seem to have lost my imagination! I don't see why we have to ignore something we always celebrate because the bank has all our money - but I'm totally at a loss! Any suggestions of something I could give him? TIA xx

of the top of my head... I'm sure I can think of more and as always the amazing forum will think of things too :)

candles surrounding a picnic with fav music... The candles lead up stairs into a romantic bubble bath for you both then into the bedroom for a nice massage....

leave sexy clues dotted around for him to find leading up to the day of things you will do for him...

well I know this is a little old school but my partner likes getting coupons to use lol

Like I make his dinner

watch whatever he likes on T.v.

any sort of bedroom play

all sorts of things plus i am his slave for the day.. running to the shop for his energy drink and all that.

Kinda sucks for me but he likes it lol xx

Given the stress of it all, you both deserve some time to really relax and enjoy each other. Can that be your gift to each other? Time apart from the worries to celebrate that you're together. Long massages, slow sex, all of that?

What were your finances like when you first got together? Can you get any ideas from what you did if you had less money then?

Congratulations on eight years. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Congratulations for 8years!

You don't need gifts to make the day special, go for a romantic picnic in the park, or you can make any meal at home romantic, add a few candles and a chocolate saucy desert, you're there. Romantic bubble bath together and a bed covered in rose petals, we have caramel warming massage oil which is lovely, a nice massage and make love.

Just be together. Go for a walk in a park and take some sandwiches/pasta and some crisps n fruit. Enjoy the weather (if it's nice) and just relax.

Have a look around at free things to do nearby, or at least cheap places to visit that you've not gone to before and just visit some local places together.

What I'm trying to say is, just be together! That's what the day is for, it doesn't have to be a massive pricey gift when all you are saying is "I love you and love being with you" (Most of the time :D )

Cheers young n fun! Steal part of my reply while I was typing! - But I agree.

Congratulations!

I can only echo the ideas already here, romantic picnic, candlelit bath, sensual massage, long & sensuous love making session, love coupons dotted around the house, breakfast in bed, make your own cards (this is really fun and much more personal) xxx

Congratulations =D

I agree I think time together would be the perfect gift :)

When I am broke, i bake things for people.

although if you're not culinarily skilled you could always be the desert. ;)

Wow that sounded cheesy.

But seriously, whipped cream costs very little.

Thanks everyone. I can't believe how lovely everyone is on this forum! Unfortunately he'll be working on Monday so we won't get the whole day together. Everything will definitely be stripped back to basics and be just about us on the evening though. We don't usually buy expensive gifts on anniversaries, but I usually try and get something that relates to the number of years - 8 is bronze and linen, which would've stumped me anyway lol. Baking a cake is a fab idea, I've just reviewed that Giant willy mould, so I'll bake him one in that! Thanks again, I was feeling upset and a bit lost last night, you've all cheered me up! :-)

For bronze I'd provably just get a bronze photo frame with your favourite picture in lol

willy cake sounds better though :P yummy!

Just got an awesome idea for 14 , it's ivory, which is an awful thing, adopt an elephant! =O

You can make Boobie cakes quite easily too if you want, since most cakes baked in round dishes come out mounded on top, make a little nipple out of icing, and you can just have a set of sexy cakes,

or of course boobie cupcakes, just don't give them to your parents/friends when they come round for a cuppa.

He's been eating a lot of willy lately lol

I once put a small little list of IOU's in my hubbys card that he could collect anytime he wanted from a simple back rub to i BJ! he loved it and it cost nothing.

Okay, so just to help you further on your way, here are some tips:

Romantic/Sexual:

Olive oil (and other kitchen oils) CAN be used as massage oil. (not kidding) and actually, my partner and i regularly use virgin coconut oil as massage oil and lube because it works so well and smells like coconut. You can pick up a jar for about £2 to £5. It starts off as a white solid, but as soon as it touches skin, melts into a lovely oil (you can find this in most proper massage oils too)

Walk/picnic - well it is summer. Find somewhere nice and romantic or quiet where you can enjoy a picnic together.

Have a "guy night" Put on his favourite movies, get out the playing cards, join him for a game on the xbox/computer games and get in a pizza (or cook him a dinner) and a few beers.

Write a love letter. Seriously, I did this for my partner (I actually posted it on my blog) and it made him cry (Although I am not supposed to tell anyone that last bit hehe)

You would do some kind of collage, my picking lots of your fave pictures and other memories like movie stubs, train tickets....whatever you have and make a nice "Memories of us" thing, that will show him you care and kept little trinkets. (Although technically, you are now giving them away!)

Hope that helps.

^^ In note to what fluffbags said,

Men can be very sentimental, little suggestions as above can go a long long way!

My partner kept the train tickets from us travelling to meet for our first date. Although we gave up on the scrap book a LONG time ago, it was really sweet seeing how much he cared about things like that.

Over here, I'd definitly have a fan of guys night, cuddles and lots of "kisses" at bed time lol

Thanks guys. I've gone from dreading the day to looking forward to us spending some quality time together. We're both stressed & fed up of all the shouting with the bank, and no matter how hard you try, that stress seeps into a relationship and you end up snapping at each other - I shall be making sure this doesn't happen Monday so we can try and enjoy ourselves. Thanks for everyone's help xx

Hope you have a good time hun =D

Sometimes it's just really to spend some time together. X