Writing reviews on gifts

I have a little question about reviews , so I've put together a little gift set for another couple who don't want to use the website theirselves and will be planning on putting together more gifts sets for said couple, and I was thinking about what am I going to do about the reviews for them? 😱 because I haven't used them myself I can't write out a review so I was wondering if maybe I could get them to write out a review on paper for the individual products and I can then put them up on the site, Would this be ok with the lovehoney staff?

Can't they just set up their own account? x

They don't want to because they want it done for them as a surprise , the idea was I out together a gift box and once they are ready they open their gift box together for the first time and what they receive wil be a romantic/kinky surprise , so they have no idea what they'll receive until the night of their choosing , it's an amazing idea I love it!

Xx

You can order from your account and then they can write a review from their account once they know what the surprise is? x

I had considered that as that's a really good idea but I thought it would make my account a mess having unreviewed products, I didn't really think the reviewing through before doing it for them lol xx

If you don't want unreviewed products on your account, then you could just log out before you order? x

I don't think it really matters if you have an item or two that never got reviewed.

I have a few items that I've purchased myself that I've never got round to reviewing as I just put testers first. So they could just do what NatandTom have suggest after they receive the gifts x

All good ideas I'll have a talk with the couple see what they are comfortable with and wait and see what staff may say about it too, thank you ladies! Xx

Just because you bought something, doesn't mean you have to review it... It's not like we can see your purchase history anyway, so I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If they want to review the items, they can either create their own account and post a review that way, or they can send you the review and post it on your account - although frankly it just feels like a bit of a hassle.

That's exactly what they didn't want was a hassle so I said I'd do most of the hard work for them and they have just the fun side of it but I didn't want to put out reviews that weren't mine without consulting lovehoney first

That's fine, but as I said - there is nothing saying a review has to be left/written at all.

DavidB1986 wrote:

Just because you bought something, doesn't mean you have to review it... It's not like we can see your purchase history anyway, so I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If they want to review the items, they can either create their own account and post a review that way, or they can send you the review and post it on your account - although frankly it just feels like a bit of a hassle.

This ^ ^ and others have said you do not have to submit a review on everything - no one checks this. 

It is tricky when writing a review for someone else that is not a partner as they may not want you to ask too many personal questions and also it may show our reviews in a non honest light. 

As it is not your words and they are supplying the review it is tricky as it may open a can of worms on copying work off others , which we massively frowned upon! 

We would much rather they set up their own account to submit this if they really must review it and of course we would love them too.

If you do decide to do it on your account please be honest that it is not your words, so we do not use it for any kind of Review of the month too as that does not seem fair to reward someone that has not written the review.

I hope you understand my concerns around this and I do hope they will decide to open a community account with us 

DavidB1986 wrote:

That's fine, but as I said - there is nothing saying a review has to be left/written at all.

+1

If it was me I don't think I would write one. I know whenever a friend buys me a gift I always say how great it is even if I'm not too keen (like when I received a Steps cd, I said I loved it when really I exchanged it. I got a new Steps item every birthday and Christmas for ages) so it might hinder the reviews honesty. If I was to get, say some underwear from a friend I would say how great they fit, how lovely they look but leave out that they chaff my special places.

I don't see why you need to review everything. I have so many unreviewed products I wouldn't know where to start if everything had to be reviewed. 😮

As others said you don't need to write a review so don't worry

The whole review would be in 100% their words and would be given credit for the review on my profile but I'll get them to test run their own account for reviewing if need be , and the couple is also very open with me about it, all taken into consideration thank you Leanne and all the other lovely members for your answers/advice xx