You are reading this correctly... Help me find a corset!

This year for halloween, I have been dared to go to my friends halloween party in drag - and me not being afraid of a dare agreed.

Now I know what sort of looking I'm going for, and I want to glam it up with an under bust corset or waist cincher to give my body a more feminine shape... But I am a whole lot of bloke, so don't even know where to begin!!

Some stats - I'm 6'1, 54" chest, 44" Waist and I want it to be able to reduce the waist size and give me a more... Hour glass figure...

I've read different conflicting ideas about what size I should get, so I thought I would ask you...

Is it possible? If not, I may have to rethink my idea :( boo!

David could you get the desired effect by just acquiring some corset like material and making your hips and chest bigger with padding rather than an actual corset?

I could do... But I'm hopeless making things :( but it is indeed an idea... If it's not possible to buy anything... I can try!

Hi David you could wear a waist cincher, but if you havn't worn anything like it before then only go about 10% less about 39" waist. You did say a party so I take it you would want to join in with some food and drink.

Enjoy. x

Yes, there will be food, drink and dancing.

I guess I said corset because I wanted to wear it over my outfit like a fashion corset (hence why I asked about under bust).

Inexpensive corset time! Just ebay for one, look at spending around £20 or less. Plastic boned will do as you aren't going to get much reduction- men just aren't built for waist training unless you're properly going to comit :P
And go for a padded bra up top to enhance the illusion.

As Brum said, if its a party, and you're going to want to eat, drink, and breathe comfortably, you don't really want the constrainst of a corset.
The first time you wear one isn't exactly painful, but kinda uncomfortable, so you're only going to be able to withstand a small about of restriction anyway c:

Ooo! I'll start searching! Hang on *opens multiple tabs* x

Perhaps something like this?http://www.theburgandyboudoir.com/Reversible-Corset_p_505.html
It goes up to 40 which should fit you, isn't too dramatic a curve and is on sale. Also reversible so it's versatile.

I hope your planning on uploading photos ?

blonde vixen13 wrote:

+1 :) x

blonde vixen13 wrote:

![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif) + 1 !

This in size 3X / 4X would fit judging by the measurements listed on the page. It isn't a corset but you'd still has the corst like effect at the front? Because of the defined cups you could add padding too if you wanted to :)

This one looks stretcher so might be a safer bet for sizing. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30995

But I don't think either would cinch you in much... But you could always wear a cincher underneath?

David, I found them on eBay, if u just type in ur waist size they are there, can't link u as using my phone.. Hope idea works out for u x x

SlinkyRat wrote:

Perhaps something like this?http://www.theburgandyboudoir.com/Reversible-Corset_p_505.html
It goes up to 40 which should fit you, isn't too dramatic a curve and is on sale. Also reversible so it's versatile.

That would fit the outfit perfectly! But it's a 3/4 week wait.. I wouldn't want to risk it not being there!

I will certainly scour ebay as well..

I did have a look at what Lovehoney might have had, because I can send it back really quickly and easily if it doesn't fit, and the only one I could find that might fit what I want to do was this one:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29306

I'm basically doing a Cruella DeVille thing, and I have found a long black dress, but wanted the corset to wear over the top to just give me a bit more shape (and to make the outfit just POP) if you know what I mean?

YES of course there will be photo's haha... it's not everyday I do something like this. It's completely insane but hell I think it'll be fun.

The thing with a corset is, you may have to wear it for a few days to get used to it. Usually when you first start wearing a corset they only recommend up to 3 hours a day, so you might have to wear it a few days before to get used to it and so it can mould to your body to make it more comfortable.

That being said, you would get more comfort from plastic boned corsets rather than steel boned, but I can't find any underbust corsets in your size, apart from one, but it has three reviews and only two stars.

There's this one which I think looks great and gives a real draggy look with the added feathers - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22022

I would go for a size 18-20.

There's also 25% off when you get two items, so you could get some stocking too!

As a big girl I can honestly say I find steel boned much more comfortable than plastic. Plastic bones warp, bend and dig in. Steel is much more comfortable and you can start with it very loose, a 2 inch reduction is more than enough for the look and it's still easy to dance, eat, drink and generally mess about in. I've worn mine to help my back problems, at work and home, burlesque classes, everything. As long as you don't lace too tightly it should be absolutely fine. And I'm sure if you drop the company an email they can ensure you get what you need well in time.

David check your email for the blog, I sent you some info and links to check out for a couple ebay stores I found that should have exactly what you want x

Definitely want to see photos David, hope you find something suitable Hun :) xx

Thanks PT! I spent ages looking on eBay and couldn't find anything like that! That's amazingly helpful, and yes, I think I've found what I'm looking for! Thank you PT and everyone else for their help!

It's been one of my weirder requests for help, I know... But thanks! Xx

That's brilliant, just glad to help. It's one of the few things I do have knowledge about lol.

+1 for the pics! x

I echo the need to see pics