30 day shred

If you need online support there is a fantastic site called sparkpeople.com it is totally free. I used to use it and it really helped especially with motivating me to exercise more! Is worth having a look Actually I might rejoin it x

For anyone who has an I phone.... Not sure about other android phones.... There is an app called my fitness pal! You can set you ideal daily calorie intake and you then search the food log to deduct all the food you eat daily from the total. It's a good way of teaching you to stick to a healthy calorie intake

I will probaly jion in to some degree i will see how it goes. ive got no boobs to loose so i will be ok with that one ;)

NN, there is also an android version :)

I'm being cheeky and trying to download a copy. Might have to get the dvd though. I'm so happy its so cheap. Sometimes the delivery to Ireland can be huge.

I'm definitely interested in doing this. Like others have said, I might not post my start weight but perhaps I should to give me motivation. We got engaged at the end of May and I have never felt like I need to loose weight so much. Getting married is a hell of an incentive!

I have the 39 day shred DVD and it didn't work on my DVD player, it worked on my laptop but it was lagging and the voice wasn't in tune with the movements.

I take a chance and go on YouTube...it's on there! Not the full DVD but the seperate stages. There's three stages and you do each stage for 10 days. Stage 1, 2 and 3 are all seperatlu available on YouTube. Shame I didn't notice before I bought the DVD! Haha!

My hubby is looking at fitness apps for me to do ! :)

MrsMcX wrote:

I take a chance and go on YouTube...it's on there! Not the full DVD but the seperate stages. There's three stages and you do each stage for 10 days. Stage 1, 2 and 3 are all seperatlu available on YouTube. Shame I didn't notice before I bought the DVD! Haha!

I just saw it. Thats so handy!! I'm hoping I can youtube it on the laptop and then hook the laptop up to the tv.

Do you take rest days every now and then while you are doing it?

I have no idea S&S! One way to find out. Although I guess if it doesn't have a days rest inbetween you could soon introduce one if you wanted :)

I would like to join, already have the DVD but not used for a while.

i have put on 10kg since going through meno, need to get a grip!!!!!

i don't believe you can loose just by exercise alone, so will need to try and cut out the sugar!

I want to join in too! Although I'm going to do the focus t25 DVD as I started it a couple of weeks ago but stopped when my oh went away. You do it 5/6 days a week so it's pretty similar. I want to lose between 1.5-2 stone I think. I'm also on my fitness pal eating 1200 calories a day :( my username on there is Vickyc1989 x

S&s You have one rest day a week! You can choose which day you want to have it x

The YouTube channel BeFit has these workouts, along with a lot of other JM workouts and others! They have a few 30 day programmes on there as well as dance vids, yoga etc etc. Best youtube ever! Good luck everyone :) x

You can definitely find the routines on YouTube (my DVD started to skip, which caused no end of issues till I found it online).

My top tip for Shredders is: DO NOT LUNGE TOO DEEP ON DAY 1. You'll be all excited, thinking "yeah, whatever Anita, I can lunge ALL THE WAY DOWN". You will regret it for the next 2-3 days where you won't be able to walk up and down stairs or even sit on a chair without intense thigh pain. It will also put you off ever doing it again.

Cheeky Chica - I've found that every stone I lose (or gain, ahem) is about the same as a dress size. So for me 1 stone = 1 dress size. For other people, that may be different due to body shapes, height etc.

Sadly, even though exercise is brilliant it does seem to be food intake that makes the big difference. I lost a stone in 6 months just through exercise, but lost a further stone in just 2 months as soon as I started to be careful with my eating as well as exercising.

Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

So basically the plan is that some of us are going to do the 30 day shred. It's an exercise DVD you do 6/7 days a week. Each work out is 40 minutes long. It's about £5 to buy on amazon but I'm sure if you know your way around the Internet you can find it for free.
The plan is that we will start the work out on September 1st to give everyone the chance to get the DVD and scales if required. You don't need any sports equipment. You can use light weights for some of the exercises but I find a tin of beans or soup works just as well.
We will record our start weight and measurements and then do weekly weigh ins. You don't have to make you weight public but you can share if you loose weight. Everyone involved will then help each other through the month.
We came up with an idea that we could all pick an item of underwear or a new toy that we want. And then if we succeed in loosing weight we get to buy it at the end of the month. It's kinda our incentive to keep working at the exercises .

What an excellent idea! I work out 2-3 times a week and feel so much better for it, emotionally and physically. Good Luck Everyone xx

Oh so want to but never been that great with stuff like this, no will power :) I'll have a go though could do with losing the weight.

Cat Lady wrote:

Now we know there's the Youtube video I am sorely tempted to try it anyway (if my room is big enough), but I don't have access to scales until mid September when I get home.

Sorely is the operative word :D

im in ! x

Cat Lady wrote:

Now we know there's the Youtube video I am sorely tempted to try it anyway (if my room is big enough), but I don't have access to scales until mid September when I get home.

You don't need scales, you could always do it on measurements. If you don't have a tape measure, get a bit of string, and mark off your start size by drawing a coloured bit on it, and use that to monitor your progress :)

There you go then, sorted :)