30 day shred

So basically the plan is that some of us are going to do the 30 day shred. It's an exercise DVD you do 6/7 days a week. Each work out is 40 minutes long. It's about £5 to buy on amazon but I'm sure if you know your way around the Internet you can find it for free.
The plan is that we will start the work out on September 1st to give everyone the chance to get the DVD and scales if required. You don't need any sports equipment. You can use light weights for some of the exercises but I find a tin of beans or soup works just as well.
We will record our start weight and measurements and then do weekly weigh ins. You don't have to make you weight public but you can share if you loose weight. Everyone involved will then help each other through the month.
We came up with an idea that we could all pick an item of underwear or a new toy that we want. And then if we succeed in loosing weight we get to buy it at the end of the month. It's kinda our incentive to keep working at the exercises .

Count me in! Just ordered my copy! :)

Count me in I have close to 19kg (41lbs) I want to lose, to get to my goal weight

Badger, we have about the same to loose! My goal is 3 stone :) Which i know isn't going to happen all in the 30 day shred but it'll be a start!

*shame face* I've got 6 stone to lose :(

My boobies are going to disappear :(

yeah, well.. um.. oh fuck, there's no answer to that!!!

Bumblebee - no shame face needed! 3 is my initial, 4 is overall. You've had kids, I haven't!

And my boobs are always the first thing to go :(

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Ooh! Great idea! I like it.

Unfortunately, I rather doubt that I will be able to do the same workouts as most others on here, but I want to lose weight and become fitter.

I'll see what I can do. I may make up my own regieme to work on for september! Or I may try to get to the local leisure center who might be able to do something for me.

I'm really unfit though so I will need to start slowly. I may try a head start just to increase my heart rate and stuff, but I will try and join in as best I can!

That's all we can ask AA! Obviously eveyone will be at different levels of fitness, with their own personal goals so the emphasis is really on support, not competition :)

AA, 30DS was just kind of, the starting point :)

Just stick to what you can do, or just about push yourself to do :)

I'm in but deffo won't be posting my start weight lol, I will put my loses down though! My food replacement diet started this monday so fingers crossed. On 4th day xD

I'll be doing it alongside wii fit, zumba on the wii and possibly weight watchers (if I can find the money)

Ooo I would really love to join in with this! Need all the motivation I can get as have been trying to shift some weight but failing miserably lol! I have 2 stone that I should lose but only really want to lose 1. I will look the 30 day shred up on the internet this evening :) x

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jillian-Michaels-Day-Shred-DVD/dp/B002RNOS2Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1376586184&sr=1-1&keywords=30+day+shred

£5 :)

Just ordered my copy. Not sure exactly how much weight I need to lose, doing it by dress size I want to get down to a size 12 from 16 .

Weight watchers is really good bumblebee! I've had to stop as I no longer have funds, but before you pay, ask your local group if they need helpers. I used to be a helper, and got it all for free, the weigh in, the meetings, all I had to do was turn up early and help set up, help during the meeting and pack away at the end :)

I'm the same Cheeky Chica, currently a 14-16 and would like to be a comfy 12.. And for once stay that way! And o dear.. Jillian Michaels :/ Her work outs are evil! lol! x

Woohoo so nice to see so many interested people. If you don't think you can do the 30 day shred maybe you could just try to change your diet, stop smoking or even just go for a walk several days a week x x

can't do classes because of the kids. did online in between babies 2+3 and it did the trick :)

Ah I see, my bad BB! And I agree NN, didn't expect it to be met with such enthusiasm :)