Done with 2024 already!

Sooo, I am already done with 2024! I broke it off with my partner, and somehow Ive found myself in a situationship which is less than a situationship :joy: (Im into him, and he is… unreadable and unavailable, which to me shows his evident lack of interest)

Christmas was an absolute bust, family hey!
Im trying to figure out the best way to lose weight and get to my desired weight and shape.
I don’t even have the energy to masturbate :joy:

I guess i’m just feeling sorry for myself!

What do you guys do to make yourselves feel better!??

I can only help you with the weight loss.

I lost 5 stone and my wife lost 3.5 stone through the Slimming World plan.

Losing the weight certainly made both of us feel good about ourselves.

1 Like

I understand and have been there - as others say try to loose weight naturally over time - it will make you look and feel better and then get back out there and grab some sex - but in the meantime- play with yourself

No way! Congratulations to you both!

So by the sounds of things its worth it??
Is there vegetarian options?

1 Like

I definitely need to get back out there. I think I need to stop holding onto what ifs and get myself into a place where i love myself!

1 Like

I’m so so sorry to hear that. I had such a horrible 2023 that I’m still coming to terms with things. I’m sending all the positive vibes I can and things will turn a corner for you.

I am trying to tone up a bit so I’ve treated myself to a bike where I can just put my music in and get lost for a few hours. I’m also using it as me to and to clear my head.

I know I speak for everyone in that we are here to support in anyway possible.

2 Likes

I agree with @rockstar . Been doing slimming world for 13 months and lost 6 stone. Still another 3 or 4 to go but definitely recommend it. Lots of veggie and vegan options. Losing the weight helped me get my sex life back, it had been missing for about 2 years. Once I started feeling better with myself I felt better with other things. I got more confident with everything and now ppl say I am happy. Hope you find something that works for you xx

3 Likes

Ah, I’m sorry to hear that! My 2023 wasnt great either. I dont know why i thought the year changing was going to just magically fix everything!

Im going to try and get out walking more. But i live in a relatively small tourist city. So places to walk where i can just be with my thoughts are sparse! I haven’t been on a bike since I was in a minor accident!

I know which is why ive come to you guys, i feel like im burdening my friends who are going through their own problems!

1 Like

Edited by mod

Im definitely going to look into it!

I think a large part of my problem is im doing the mental work to lose the weight but not physically doing the things i need to do.

Working full time and being a parent has prevented me going to the gym. And sadly i live in a flat, so i can’t do my own stair master type exercise at home and my options are limited.

When i was off sick from work. I was at the gym every day, and lifting weights. I was really working on myself. But then life gets in the way doesnt it!

The most annoying part is. I know im not overly big. And if somebody the same size as me put themselves down the way i do to myself id put a stop to it immediately!

Dont join slimming world, its a pile of pish. Read the amount of health issues people have as a direct impact from doing it. I know four people who suddenly are gluten intolerant etc sine doing it

The ONLY way to loose weight is calorie controlled. Dont used the dredged “D” word!
Download something like my fitness pal app and track your calories. Look for james smith, he explains it on most of his videos.
Exercise help aswell, walking is just as good for you as running, but less impact on your knees. Weights help, so a gym but i get not everyone likes gym.

edit
Obviously these are my options alone & some people will disagree with them, you dont have take my advice, i wont be upset if you dont **

1 Like

You need to do what is right for you. You will find something that suits. It sounds silly but I have never exercised and not been to a gym for over 20 years. The last few weeks, I have been taking the kids over the park to play Pokémon Go on their phones. They are getting fresh air and playing and I am doing some walking (although very slowly). I understand that working full time, kids and their after school activities is hard to focus on you but your mental health is important too. Once you find that one thing that gets you in the right frame of mind, everything else will fall into place. It will come in time and until it does, just take care of yourself and remember there are ppl here for you

1 Like

Definitely worth it and lots of vegetarian options. It’s the only plan approved for pregnant women too.

1 Like

I’m not sure what to advise here, you sound as if you are very depressed, but you caused the break up etc. I would start by writing down 5 things that you have/are good. May be, job, roof over your head, friends, hobby, interest etc. Take sex/relationship off the table for a while and concentrate on other interests and think about the weight loss if that bothers you. You probably need to talk with folks though to try to improve your mood.

1 Like

Sorry to hear. Things will pick up I’m sure.
What do I do to make myself feel better? Honestly? Usually I masturbate. A really long and drawn out session if possible.

1 Like

Wish I had a magic wand that could fix things for everyone . Everyone is challenged by their life , some times it feels like you are the only one . I have been in several challenges myself over my 65 years . As a former athlete and body builder along with an emergency medical technician I do not like the term DIET , it is Die with a T . As others have suggested , a phone app for counting calories can be quite useful . I have found setting even the tiniest goals and meeting them lift my spirits . In my deepest depression I had been trying everything to no avail , one day I was like a zombi watching tv and an old comedy was on and something snapped and made me laugh my head off . It did not fix everything , but started healing my thoughts . I have a harder time relating to women for weight loss . For guys I get them to think about their bodies like a car . Run the right fuels and it will operate better , it seems to help many visualize what they are consuming . I read a study years ago that if you force yourself to smile for a minute or two , multiple times a day , your brain and body take it as a sign and activate good feelings . I hope you a speedy path to enjoy life , it is an unknown journey . :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Thank you all so much for your kind words! Just that alone lifts my spirits knowing im not the only one. Sometimes with mental health it can definitely seem as though im alone even though in reality we are all facing our own challenges!

Youre all such beautiful people and i will definitely be taking what advice you have offered and thinking on it!

Just to clear things up- I myself broke up with my ex. There was nothing wrong in the relationship i just didnt feel the chemistry! He was a great person. Just not my person!

Firstly it sounds like you need to ditch the situationship, wheres the fun in it if they’re not interested and they’re obviously not if they’re unavailable. If they wanted you, you’d know it. Ditch him, be by yourself for a while and find some happiness yourself.

Go be a tourist in your city and enjoy the sites. Look up an app called All Trails, theres probably lots of hidden away walking trails that you don’t know about. I find a lot of places on tiktok too. I bought a walking pad for when the weather is shite and I’ve made great use of it. Walking is the best cardio you can do and with the walking pad, I can do it while I watch tv.

Losing weight is calories in vs calories out and the only way you’re going to know what you’re putting in your body, is to weigh and track your food. All diet plans have success stories. If you do slimming world, please remember that there is no such thing as free food, all food has calories and if you overeat on ‘healthy’ food, you’ll still put on weight. Stop eating crap and move more, is really what it comes down to. But I think that naturally falls in place when you’re happy and mentally well.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you have had enough of 2024 already but hopefully it will end better than it started.

I to am on a weight loss mission as my current shape is getting me down and effecting my outlook on things. But I will fall back onto atkins and running to shift a couple of kilos.

Things that make me feel better is just being outside. Lots of walking with the family and time in the country fishing. Either alone or with my oldest son.

Find something that’s just yours and that makes you smile.

1 Like

So, there’s a free yoga calendar thing if you Google it which could help with exercise.

I’d also suggest looking for things in marketplace, maybe an exercise bike rather than a bike or something. That way you shouldn’t feel anxious but also depends on space. I belive HIIT is supposed to be the best.

However, I’ve done lots of exercise and healthy eating things and found I just can’t loose it. Even healthy eating, calorie control and exercise.

Love yourself. Tell yourself you’re worth it and gorgeous. You clearly do value yourself or you wouldn’t have left your last relationship.

Feel you’re putting too much on yourself. Take one step at a time and focus on one thing, not everything!

Good luck with it all :kissing_heart: