fitness dvds

So random question anyone ever have any success with these? I've recently started a 30 day one and definately feeling the pain from workouts.

Although alot of people are saying they don't work and you will just give in..and you should just go to a gym but I feel I give up on gym after one or two attempts. Due to self confidence etc at least in house I can look daft and no one sees. I mean oh even gets sent to bed so I can do it and no one watching xx

Have you tried a class? I absolutley love zumba and legs+bums+tums. When I used to go to Zumba there were elderly ladies, big ladies, small ladies and we all used to have a laugh! It's well worth it.

As for DVDS, I have done 30 day shred a few times a day made it to week 2. I tried it recently but it made me bad. Most likely too much too soon.

Try some gym classes! Way more fun and motivating x

You sound just me ! I certainly don't want an audience while I exercise hence my reluctance to join a gym. ...well that and the cost .

I don't have any exercise DVDs but I follow an exercise programme on YouTube which is pretty much the same thing and yes ,I reckon it works as long as you're willing to put the effort in x

lmh95 wrote:

Is it the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd that you are doing? I have that one and it definitely gets results. I have a few others but they take about an hour to do and are much lower intensity and a bit "dancey" but 30DS is easy to slip into your day as it is much shorter, works you hard and it delivers. Enjoy :)

It is jillian michaels 30 day beginner shred I have 30DS but knew it would be too much too soon. Love that it's only 20 minute workouts as with shifts can slot it in easy xx Also I get the motivation thing but honestly am less motivated with people watching haa, I'm a big scaredy when in front of crowds xx

wildflower wrote:

You sound just me ! I certainly don't want an audience while I exercise hence my reluctance to join a gym. ...well that and the cost .

I don't have any exercise DVDs but I follow an exercise programme on YouTube which is pretty much the same thing and yes ,I reckon it works as long as you're willing to put the effort in x

Defo need to stick to it if I get chance to have legs like in your picture haa mine so flabby xx

I had a few but I got bored quickly. Its just the kind of person I am, I tend to have 2 modes, completely obsessed or uninterested, doesn't seem to be a middle ground with me.

I had great success before my wedding with wii fit. It was fun and I lost weight as well as toning up. The kinnect is great too, I love the dancing games.

Aww thank you for the compliment kayliixx , you wouldn't believe how long it took to get a pic that didn't show all my cellulite x

RosyCheek wrote:

I had a few but I got bored quickly. Its just the kind of person I am, I tend to have 2 modes, completely obsessed or uninterested, doesn't seem to be a middle ground with me.

I had great success before my wedding with wii fit. It was fun and I lost weight as well as toning up. The kinnect is great too, I love the dancing games.

I'm like that too and right now am motivated poor oh got kicked out of bed at 11.30pm last night so u could do dvd haa xx

wildflower wrote:

Aww thank you for the compliment kayliixx , you wouldn't believe how long it took to get a pic that didn't show all my cellulite x

I know that feeling oh asks for a photo and usually 20/30 photos later before he gets one haa. Just sick of moaning about my weight so got to really go for it xx

I tried the 30 day shred one but it resulted in injury, a month off work and physiotherapy! 😂 honestly I'm so clumsy it's almost funny.

I really like Kym Marsh Power Sculpt and if you have space for a gym ball there are some good DVDS out there to use with it.

If you feel more confident in the future I highly recommend a zumba class, or clubbercise (it's in the dark with disco lights and glow sticks - nobody can see you!) or a bounce dancefit class. Also, bodypump is an ace workout :-)

I uses to be too shy to go to the gym, I was so afraid of what people would think. In reality it's no big deal - everyone is far too focused on what they're doing to look at you, I promise :-)
I do understand though. Took me years to go and one day I just decided to do it. Now I love it.

Anyway hopefully you'll find the Kym Marsh DVD useful. I also used to use one called Weight off Workout, it was out about 10 years ago I don't even know if you can still buy it. It was by Janice off corrie forget her real name. That was good :-)

Clubbercise sounds like so much fun! I haven't been proper clubbing since 2002! Hated the music but loved the atmosphere, I love to dance but oh I am dreadful at it!

They've recently introduced Clubbercise at my gym and it's proving to be really popular! I didn't really like the first class but I think that's because it was oversubscribed and too crowded. Went last week and loved it! Such good fun x

Have a look at freeletics.com a lot of free exercise sessions to do at home with use of iPad

You can pay for extra sessions also

Gdnkhn wrote:

Have a look at freeletics.com a lot of free exercise sessions to do at home with use of iPad

You can pay for extra sessions also

I tried this app on phone before but it just kept telling me to upgrade to view things was on android though xx

The only one I've ever tried was Callanetics. Very old fashioned, but really good, I could already see some results after just a few sessions, so it was very motivating.

I want to start using my DVD again, but I work night shifts and I am so tired I just can't be bothered...

Potentially they all work whatever you decide to choose. The key factor whether they work for you is in the main down to will power. Whatever fitness Dvd, equipment you buy it won't push you . You have to do that yourself .

This I have found from experience.

Good luck

mysteron wrote:

Potentially they all work whatever you decide to choose. The key factor whether they work for you is in the main down to will power. Whatever fitness Dvd, equipment you buy it won't push you . You have to do that yourself .

This I have found from experience.

Good luck

Thanks mysterion, so far so good am 4 days in to 30 days am sore but we'll worth it and lost 3lbs in a week xx

I dont think u can beat the wii fit. Its a great way to get fit as a family/ with friends too without being to serious. I lost a stone from doing it every other day.

Althought i have heard a lot of the dvds work. I cant keep up with them on there though 😣

I practically never use mine because of infrastructure problems: There's not enough space to work out in front of the TV. And the laptop has such a bad loudspeaker (yes, one!) that it's useless for the purpose. I also prefer to work in my own time (without having to use the remote control). So I prefer books.

Otherwise, as mysteron said: Whatever you get, you have to use it. If you do, it will work.

On a side note: I had a look at the 30 day shred when it was mentioned before, and I can easily believe that people have gotten injured trying to follow the program as to me it seemed to be designed for people who already are pretty fit. Lesson to learn: Don't overestimate yourself, honestly judge your fitness level and find something that is appropriate for it. When I got back into exercise a few years ago (because, despite working physically, I had gotten so stiff it was hard to put my socks on) I started with the Yoga for Dummies DVD (that one is pre sun salutation). Only after doing Yoga for Dummies for a few weeks did I feel up to something more "serious".

I have recommended Fitness Blender here before and will do again. They have a lot of free workouts on youtube for everyone, I think over 500 nowadays. You can easily search and find what you need on their website too. If you wish they even provide whole workout programs (paid though). They have an amazing and supportive community in their app too. I'll echo what others have said - if you put the work in, you'll see results. Although be careful when choosing a program as you can easily injure yourself with a badly structured one. :)