5-HTP pill *happy pills*

So I've recently discovered that these herbal tablets are supposed to be really good for a multitude of things. Sleeping disorders, anxiety, stress, bringing happy thoughts to replace the negative ones (that's the serotonin. )

Was wondering if anybody takes/has tried them could give some feedback please and advice, i.e - do you take them with any other supplements etc.

I'm planning on purchasing some when finances allow, so will share my experience whenever that may be πŸ‘πŸ’—xx

Thanks for the suggestion hun but I'm no on Facebook, this is the only place of social media interactions for me. It's probably a good source for information too but other social media site's aren't thing these days.

Cheers again πŸ˜™πŸ’—xx

I forgotten to say, really hope these capsules can help with the symptoms as getting my life backs important, if i can improve my mental wellbeing then the rest will fall into place 😊 They were recommended by a friend who's only just started taking them. There's some excellent reviews online on them provided they're bought from respectable sources (Amazon had several reviews that think they're fake.) Xx

I've never heard of them Slinky. I'm on an SSRI from the docs though. It lifts my mood.

Have a gander, if you think they may be beneficial as they sound immense! My pal says she's started to forget her troubles and when she has negative thoughts about life stuff that'd usually enrage her she's not getting worked up! That's incredible.

I've not tried SSRI. I'll have a Google. I'm heavily addicted to the prescription pills prescribed (been on then 10 years ) dr won't up my dosage and I'm clearly not getting the benefits, so looking at other avenues to explore as happy people live longer and have less worries & that's my ambition right
Now to be at my best for hubby aswell as myself, and others I care about πŸ˜™πŸ’—xx

I'm on an SSRI too, have been for 3 years. I've reduced my dose recently hence the boom in my libido! But they do help, coupled with other things. On prescription from my doctor, might be worth a chat about trying one? Xx

Cheers sexybabe, I used the incredible function that is Google earlier and seen I've been on citalapram years ago but it did nothing for me. There was others too but only one on the list rings a bell. Theirs decent information about the SSRI's available. I'll mention to dr but see that some cannot be taken in conjunction with herbal products like - st johs wart, which is the same idea as 5-htp. It'll probably be due to the serotonin intake would be too high if prescription meds are used in conjunction with herbal products. Cheers again hunπŸ˜™πŸ’—xx

I'm definitely going to give these a bash when I've got the cash (only buying a puppy matters atm lol, soon as we have her i will order some πŸ‘they are the real deal too as ive read about them & theyre sold at relatable retailers like Holland & Barrett. Just wait there's a happy slinky coming and shes waiting to unleash happiness on the world to outdo the negativity related stuff ive unleashed πŸ˜”xx

You're getting a puppy?? That's a whole bundle of happiness right there! Better than any pills, I have 3 rescue dogs and I adore them. They are always happy to see me when I get home from work, they come running for cuddles and then sit on me and kiss me all night! Pure doggy bliss 😍

Hope you find something suitable - citalopram is what I'm on, they seem to suit me. But not for everyone and there are lots of alternatives you can try, good luck with the ones you've found! Xx

Hi. I'm just reading this post and wondering what was SSRI (sorry I don't know), when I stumbled over the comment of you getting a puppy and this is making me really emotional. I've someone really close to me who had to go through the pain of his only child comitting suicide, so I don't have to say how hard it's been see this person (is a family member) loose the plot over this loss.

The situation got to a point where he lost everything (house, job, sanity) and now he's leaving on the streets with his two dogs. There's not been a time on his life in which he hasn't had a dog. He says that they are the most faithful creature ever and the dogs love him regardless. So really I pray to God that he's ok, burt he's abroad and unfortunately I can't have contact with him as I'd like, but I have this comnfort of knowing he has wonderful dogs to look out for him.

I'd strongly recommend looking into what the pills have in them, particularly as some herbal / natural remedies can react with other medication, for example st johns wort can mess up the contraceptive pill. It's worth checking them out, plus it may be worth checking with a GP first too.

I haven't heard of these ones but have seen an uprise of these types of pills now, particularly with facebook groups and pyramid schemes getting people to join up to promote with very little knowledge on the real product just sales pitch info. I guess it now that sales calls don't work this is the method they now use.

I'm not saying they don't work, heck mentally some pills can have an effect without actually really doing anythings. It's just I feel more caution should be taken with anything like this, particularly as some can interfere with health conditions as well as meds. Some vitamins and minerals for example only need to be slightly too high for an individual and it can set the body off into a funny term. We've gotten a bit too use to being able to take and think multi minerals and vitamins can be taken without a real limit and have no ill effect when for some people they can be the tipping scale =).

If you do take them, I'd also recommend letting your GP know just in case. Some pills can also cover-up health conditions

slinky binky wrote:

Cheers sexybabe, I used the incredible function that is Google earlier and seen I've been on citalapram years ago but it did nothing for me. There was others too but only one on the list rings a bell. Theirs decent information about the SSRI's available. I'll mention to dr but see that some cannot be taken in conjunction with herbal products like - st johs wart, which is the same idea as 5-htp. It'll probably be due to the serotonin intake would be too high if prescription meds are used in conjunction with herbal products. Cheers again hunπŸ˜™πŸ’—xx

I'm definitely going to give these a bash when I've got the cash (only buying a puppy matters atm lol, soon as we have her i will order some πŸ‘they are the real deal too as ive read about them & theyre sold at relatable retailers like Holland & Barrett. Just wait there's a happy slinky coming and shes waiting to unleash happiness on the world to outdo the negativity related stuff ive unleashed πŸ˜”xx

Oh that's the best news all weeks so happy for you, Aw bless, lots of hugs well done.

Hum, you make very valid points that had crossed my mind tbh lady ness. I'll mention to the dr 100% and I'm still researching them. They do act against certain medical conditions which isn't great, as far as i know I've none of the listed ones but folk have underlying issues so maybe I'll keep looking.

The determination inside me to get my act together is there which is a massive start, I'll chat to dr and see what they say as I'm wanting to go the herbal route due to not wanting another addiction.

Cheers hunni, good info πŸ˜™πŸ’—xx

Sexybabe, i know right! Things have gone to pot moreso since we had to give up the last puppy we got because he was seriously biting hubbyπŸ˜•we only had him a short time but the love was unconditional and instantaneous, the poor chaps been rehomed several times and even experienced staffie owners sent him back πŸ˜• but you're soooo right a puppy is the best form of joy right up there with children😊can't wait to get her (female staffie this time from puppy, as can't have another abused one who's going to do the same. Hubbys healths not great or we'd of kept the wee chap. Anyway a female all the way this time, the sooner the better πŸ˜„πŸ˜™πŸ’—xx

Aww, thanks kitten club, I'm making it my ambition to get joy back and come here and show everyone the happy go lucky version of me that's bursting to come outπŸ˜™πŸ’—xx

Lu, that's heart breaking hearing your friends circumstances πŸ˜• being homeless is one of the mist difficult situations I've experienced. My heart goes out to your friend aswell as all the homeless community. You're spot on about the puppy thing πŸ˜™πŸ’—xx

Soooo folks, these tablets sounds really good.......however I'm having serious doubts now. Power of the minds a magic thing, I'm the type who'll not believe until it happens so don't get fooled that way, although i wish that wasn't the case. I'll come up with something and if anyone has experience with those ones or ought of a similar nature I'd love to hear experiences πŸ‘πŸ’–xx