A choice between colours

Currently I've very tempted by the very lovely piece of linger by seven til midnight: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21689

I am really unsure what colour to get as I love both the red and the black. I have wanted a long dress style set for awhile, though the ones I have been tempted by have been white and by G-world.

I am almost tempted to get both but I'm not sure.

I don't own a lot of lingerie in that shade of red, most of the reds I own are very deep in colouration.

I do have a product question though, I have very long legs so I do wonder if it'll be long enough.

I've noticed that a lot of members have thought this piece is lovely, so what colour would you purchase and why?

Wow, that looks incredible!

Personally, I'd go for the red. Red is my favourite colour, and I think that dress would look great if you were to wear some black stockings and suspenders underneath. Having said that, the black would look great as well. (I know this isn't helping :P)

Looking at the photo it doesn't look like it's meant to be quite floor length anyway so it should be okay. Models are usually pretty tall too, so if you're tall it's likely to be the same sort of length on you, whereas it might be shorter people who might have a problem.

both look good, but the black looks very see through in the pics (which may or may not be your intent). How about both?

Hmmm... Is it me or the photos, or is the black revealing more?

I would personally go for black, as not all red suits me (I need deeper red as I am readhead). But the red is nice as well. And would suit someone very well.

I very nearly added a S 'til M peice to my basket today and left it out for the very same reason - choosing a colour.

For me, black is sexier, but the right shade of red can be jaw-dropping. I personally would shy away from red if buying on-line because I think the lighting in the professional photography can alter the tone, and I do like a very specific shade.

I might not be the best person to answer this for you, given that I couldn't decide myself earlier, but may I suggest having a look at what you already own and going for something different? I am a sucker for going for 'safe options' and am trying to steer myself away from what I usually buy and try something new...

I'd also think about what accessorize I'd be wearing/using with an item of lingerie - do you have a pair of gloves, a paddle, shoes... that'd go well with either of the colours?

MrsPx

toycar69 wrote:

both look good, but the black looks very see through in the pics (which may or may not be your intent). How about both? External Media

I agree with TC69 External Media The black does look very see through but if that is what you're going for then spot on!!

Personally I prefer the red xx

I personally prefer the red! I reckon it has that slinky "Hollywood" look, plus it doesn't look too see-through, so you could even possibly wear it to the right kind of party! Plus that red is a beautiful shade, and black seems a bit standard-looking to me...

It's all up to you though, they both have their perks!

Also I really want to get one now =(

love the red but us redheads have to be a bit careful and Im another shorty so would give this a miss. Looks great on the model but she is probably a good 6 inches plus taller than me

xGGx

Going by the product photos alone, I'd have to say the red. If you don't currently have many items in red, and you're thinking about that colour anyway, it seems like it's the right answer

Following on from Ecksvie's point, in the second photo the hem is only about ankle length, so I'm guessing that gives you bit more room for maneuver than if it was supposed to scrape the floor.

Having said all that, I'm a bloke, so women's wardrobe-y stuff is definitely out of my area of expertise - please feel free to ignore.

YesChef wrote:

Going by the product photos alone, I'd have to say the red. If you don't currently have many items in red, and you're thinking about that colour anyway, it seems like it's the right answer External Media

Following on from Ecksvie's point, in the second photo the hem is only about ankle length, so I'm guessing that gives you bit more room for maneuver than if it was supposed to scrape the floor.

Having said all that, I'm a bloke, so women's wardrobe-y stuff is definitely out of my area of expertise - please feel free to ignore.

I agree. =]

I prefer black for the most part because I find it sleek and dependable. But I think something as pretty as that deserves a little "oomph" and difference. The red would make a nice surprise. I've also bought a couple of lingerie that are red recently. It makes a nice change.

One thing I would be worried about is if the colour/shade suits me but with Lh's return/exchange policy I wouldn't worry too much.

I really want to purchase that item too but Im waiting for next month. I'm hoping Lh stocks this as a permanent item. It just oozes sexiness and class. One of my few favourites so far!

Let us know how you get on if you nab one. =]

I was thinking of maybe getting this thong and wearing it under the black: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20582

I wasn't too sure how well it would work really, but if it would work with the black do you think it'll work ok with the red?

I am becoming more tempted to get the red, recently I've been tempted to get a suspender belt in this shade too.

a very difficult choice Nymph.

From a male point of view, both the black and the red look very sexy (which I assume is the intent). The black seems more see through than the red, and that thong would definitely set it off.

As for the red and a suspender belt, well they are always a massive hit with us guys.

black from a guys point of view

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I was thinking of maybe getting this thong and wearing it under the black: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20582

I wasn't too sure how well it would work really, but if it would work with the black do you think it'll work ok with the red?

I am becoming more tempted to get the red, recently I've been tempted to get a suspender belt in this shade too.

Wow, that thong is really something (wish I had the legs for it!). If the black *is* more sheer than the red, then the black thong (if you can wait) seems like a good idea as I'd imagine it'd look very enticing underneath the sheer-ness of the dress/chemise...