A coupla questions about delay creams/sprays...

My husband and I are curious about the delay sprays and creams. He tends to ejaculate so quickly that it's not even any fun for him. :(

My main concerns are them working too well, and them rubbing off on me and having an effect on myself.

We'd be happy with ten or so minutes of steady thrusting, I think, as I do not orgasm from penetration. If it goes on too long I get bored, and then sore. And, I don't think I'd like it if it got on me and made me numb, although it wouldn't matter too much if I'd already had my orgasm in foreplay. Then, again, I'd like to maybe get out of our routine and possibly try for another orgasm after he has his... we could maybe take turns for a while.

I'd appreciate both the men and women's POV's on this. :)

I can't comment on the creams/sprays I am afraid, nor premature ejaculation, but I have heard of a technique called the 'Squeeze Technique' which basically means you have to keep stopping and delaying ejaculation - you could find details on that if you were to google it or speak to your doctor.

That way, you can tackle the problem without worrying how creams/sprays will effect you... May be worth a go?

It may be worth seeing medical advice (if you haven't already) anyways to see if there is anything they can suggest to suit your/his individual circumstances.

MrsPx

Since you really only want to extend for a short time then i'd agree with the above and discover how to edge. Basically this just means getting himself close to orgasm, as close as you can get without cumming, then reduce the stimulation and either ride the wave of feelings, or let the sensations die down a bit and then go back up again.

This will allow him to carry on in a way where, instead of thrusting away hell for leather, he will vary how fast and how deep he goes depending on where he is in the cycle.

Alternately he could perhaps try and take his time, if he hasn't been already. I find that there is sort of an "optimal thrust" in that if I start there and keep going i'll be finished pretty quick, so instead I work slowly or go with circular hip thrusts inbetween faster ones.

If he masturbates, then it might also be a good idea for him to do a bit of training in that reguard, either by lubing up his hand and trying to increase the duration before he orgasms, or by using a sleeve or stroker to replicate the natural feelings a bit and get used to them.

Personally, I really don't like the idea of having to chemically reduce sensation. If anything I can see it causing more problems if he chooses to come off them. But each to their own and i'm sure that for some people they work great.

We've found delay things are too successful.

As MrsP said - there's loads of techniques for prolonging sex (loads of tips on the forums too if you have a search) so they may be a better alternative.

Adx

as well as using delay creams/ condoms it might be worth focusing on things like pelvic floor excersises and stamina techniques for the long term?

the fleshlight stamina training is supposed to be good http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13190 but you can do stamina training with hands. i suggest a internet search

hi

there a couple- at least- the durex one -cant think of the name sorry, which just gives me a completely numb penis and I don't really like it and no lube feeling

Pasante Magic Delay Water-Based Lubricant (how do i add a link?) is the one I really like subtle effect and has a nice lube feeling as well, there is a train of thought " if you believe it will work it will " so confidence boosting for him is good as well

don't think it has any effect on the OH- usually to busy wiggling and gasping - lol

other than that- lots of lube and slow down -

good luck and have fun

Batch

this ?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19823

Cheers, batch!

We had a very good experience with the Basic vibrating cock ring last night - while the vibes didn't do anything for him, he enjoyed just lying there while I barely moved around on top of him. He laughed at the expressions I was making, but it was a happy, having-a-great-time laugh. Then, when we went for it, he lasted a bit longer than usual.

We're ordering another, non-disposable cock ring, and I'm thinking of adding that stuff you linked to the order.

a happy, having-a-great-time laugh is such a good thing-!!

and we love cock rings too, this one is very good

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20525

sounds like you are on the right track so enjoy !

batch

Alicia D'amore wrote:

As MrsP said - there's loads of techniques for prolonging sex (loads of tips on the forums too if you have a search) so they may be a better alternative.

Adx

Although we have only ever used the Durex Performa condoms. If you're worried about your feeling perhaps they are an option.

WandA wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

Although we have only ever used the Durex Performa condoms. If you're worried about your feeling perhaps they are an option.

Just don't put them on inside out External Media

Adx

katy.bird wrote:

Cheers, batch!

We had a very good experience with the Basic vibrating cock ring last night - while the vibes didn't do anything for him, he enjoyed just lying there while I barely moved around on top of him. He laughed at the expressions I was making, but it was a happy, having-a-great-time laugh. Then, when we went for it, he lasted a bit longer than usual.

We're ordering another, non-disposable cock ring, and I'm thinking of adding that stuff you linked to the order.

That's fantastic, and the most improtant thing is to have a happy time together! Sex is different for everyone, and you've gotta do what suits you both! I'm sure he found it a huge turn on to watch you and hope you have as much fun with your new cock ring when it arrives!

The problem with the creams is that they will only temporarily mask the issue, whereas learning the delay techniques will be best long term - there was a thread recently on Edging, though I've no idea how to link to a thread... Any helpers? Or else search 'Edging' via the forum search.

MrsP x

Hi have tried both waste of time imo .Some good advice above to try tho