A question about new members

Sorry - I couldn't find an appropriate thread to post this in

Just something that has been puzzling me - I have noticed a lot recently that some people newly posting to the forums have joining dates going back as far as 2006 and in some cases 2004.

I am just curious as to why it has taken some people so long to make that initial post and what made them do so now? I know you can be a member and not post at all, just make purchases but I do wonder what prompts folks? Is it that the forum is only now being promoted, or coming up in search engines and blogs? Or is there a glitch that is giving folks a skewed date of joining?

I actually joined a year before I began posting! It took me a while to come back across the forums but I'm here now! And there's no getting rid of me! Mwhahahahaaaaaa!

x

It's also the date you created a LH to buy stuff, so you may have been a customer for years without realising/wanting to post in the forums.

I'm not meaning this as a dig or a pull-up - just pleasantly surprised as to how many folks who have obviously purchased in the past are now joining us here

its because we're all fabulously gorgeous and this overwhelming tide of beautiful confident sexy people can't help but draw people in, even those that have been lurking in the dark aisles of the LoveHoney warehouse, quivering [or is that buzzing?] over the purchase of their new pleasure toys.

Yeah my date says August, which confused me as I only started posting a week or so ago! But then I realised I bought my Lady Lust Finger vibe a while back! hehe Shame I can't get the ipoints still though!!

I joined LH sept last year but at first didnt notice the forums, but then started to have a read and found myself hooked.

Posted for quite a few months and made good friends but then life got in the way and i didnt have the time.

Still look in now and again and of course still buying

I joined in Feb this year but never noticed the forum. I only noticed the forum recently and its nice to have the community where you can get advice and support on subjects other forums tend to want you to tone things down on.

I technically joined in Jan 2007 and only started posting in Septemberish this year. When I first joined I think I felt like I didn't need advice at that time. It's only in the past few months that my confidence has grown and Ive been exploring my sexuality a lot more. The good morning thread seemed to be pretty chilled that particular day so I thought I'd say hi and here I still am ;-) x

what took me ages to post on the community is well ill be totally honest, only recently descovered that there was a community board on here

yeah. took me a while to notice the forums. but they are advertised more on the home page now

but i know that apparently people are using sites like these more often now because of the recession (people cant afford nights out, so stay in and have sex instead!!) so maybe people that joined ages ago when there was a promotion or freebie posted online (which is what i did) have come back for more and noticed the forums?

i might be wrong, but seems like a good explination to me!! x

I'm a perpetual lurker who makes the odd comment here and there. I used to post, but then i lost the internet and by thevpoint I found it (down the back of the couch, always the bloody same) I didn't know anyone anymore.

GrayMatter wrote:

I'm a perpetual lurker who makes the odd comment here and there. I used to post, but then i lost the internet and by thevpoint I found it (down the back of the couch, always the bloody same) I didn't know anyone anymore.

make new friends!!! one or 2 of the oldies are still here!! x

Yes we are !!!

TB

Apologies I'm a long time lurker newbie. Ive been a fan of LH for a while but Ive been trying to avoid it as I didnt have the money last year. Ive been browsing and reading you wonderful comments trying to get ideas of something fun for me and my OH. Apologies for the 12 months silent lurking between joining & posting a few and becoming an active bod :(

Wizzie86 wrote:

I technically joined in Jan 2007 and only started posting in Septemberish this year. When I first joined I think I felt like I didn't need advice at that time. It's only in the past few months that my confidence has grown and Ive been exploring my sexuality a lot more. The good morning thread seemed to be pretty chilled that particular day so I thought I'd say hi and here I still am ;-) x

Nice picture Wizzie.

TB

I started posting right after I joined but that's just because I love the community atmosphere. I'm sure a lot of people just are nervous about posting.

I am one of the people that you refer to! I have dragged my feet a little mainly because at the time of joining I was interested in the forum but was not in a relationship that promoted open discussions about sex least of all posting comments and reviews on a website! I have since established a new relationship and my boyfriend shares the same enthusiasm towards discovering/sharing new experiences and experimenting with different techniques and toys as I do (and always have done but was never with the right person to 'unlock' that part of me) and it's great! It has done wonders to my own sexual condfidence and I am learning so much more about myself now than I ever did before therefore only now feel interested enough and able to start contributing to forums and discussions like this...hope my post helps with your question x

I used to post under a different name a year or so ago. Then I got busy and didn't have the time to devote to undrstanding the group dynamics at that time so I've been away a while, just lurking occassionally. After recommending thesite to a trend for something he was after I decided to pop bAck in and see who around

Well I am new and so just to keep you happy will make a post on my first day :)