A short muse on the merits of LoveHoney & the competition's catalogues, ok it's not that short.

I had an unexpected surprise yesterday, actually make that two unexpected surprises. The postman delivered a little something from LoveHoney & from the competition, that other website, I won't name it but you know who I mean.

Yesterday morning I had two catalogues thrust into my hot sweaty hands, the competition send me one every now & then as I've ordered from them in the past but the catalogue from them is HUGE, it's almost like a Yellow pages of adult toys & it's printed on nasty cheap paper too. So I did what I've done with the last couple of theirs & put it straight out for recycling, I really must ask them to stop sending them to me.

Nestled near the bottom of the pile of post I got yesterday (mostly bills & offers of overpriced loans) I saw this small, thin pink & grey plastic envelope with the name of sender as secret phrase (I didn't twig straight away as it was early) "ooh I wonder what that is & who sent it?" says I.

I opened it & to my surprise it's my first ever catalogue from LoveHoney (secret phrase, duh! now I get it). My first thoughts were "wow that's small" but as we all know size isn't always everything & it's more what you do with it that counts.

I did start wondering how you'd managed to cram all your products into such a small space & on opening it I realised you haven't tried to, which is a good thing. Inside is a much smaller selection of items than in the competition's catalogue but there are BIG pictures, some items even have an entire page given over to them & there's customer comments & reviews, something very visibly lacking in the other catalogue.

Having compared both I can honestly say the one from the competition looks & feels cheap & tacky, yours is very professional with it's glossy pages, proper covers, big pictures & including the customer reviews? sheer genius! The way it's all set out makes it so easy to go through as well.

I know it's been said before but LoveHoney you guys & girls really are the best.

As you rightly said... It's not the size of the nail that counts, it's the size of the hammer knocking it in!

Thanks TheToyMan - we really appreciate your feedback on our catalogue. It's actually the second in our 'new' series of magazine-style catalogues - presuming you've got the one with Julie P on the cover.

The catalogues here are a real team effort with everyone chipping in loads of ideas.

Look out for a new one in... erm... next spring hopefully!

Steve

I love the LH catalogue- the idea of doing it like a magazine is just brilliant. I get some bored of Pabo (sorry sorry- I know I shouldn't swear on the forums! Its just slipped out!) and their tacky shite and 'free' stuff that costs you bloody loads (i too keep forgetting to say take me off the mailing list...)

How often is the LH one? I assumed it'd be monthly, but evidently not :)

I think quarterly would be fab. Long enough between issues to promote new products and be looking forward to it. Any more regularly it would become less eagerly anticipated, more repetitive and also as your site is so fab we can visit that for good information meanwhile.

Also, trying to be eco-minded, too many printed catalogues are not very good idea.

I can't wait till the next one.

Actually I can, good things come to those who wait!

xx

I think quarterly too, that'd be a good balance I think. Love the mag, though it did prompt an order I technically shouldnt have made lol, but hey hum!

Quaterly sounds good to me. Not be inundated with filth that way!

Sounds good to me.

ps. I got a copy of Issue 1 in with my last order so I have the full set now. :D

I agree with the above, quarterly sounds great!

I just noticed this afternoon ..... There is a 10% off voucher code on the back and I ordered lots yesterday night! bugger

I like the Mag though - I got one for me and gave one to the mrs (the mag, I mean! )

Thanks for all your feedback on the catalogue everyone (again).

We'll definitely be chatting about how often we produce catalogues - they're great fun to do, if rather time-consuming to put together.

Bingo Caller - sorry to hear about you missing the voucher code... but we've snuck into the accounts bit and sorted this out!

Steve

*Oh, I better sort out a pic or summat of me.

LoveHoney - Steve wrote:

Bingo Caller - sorry to hear about you missing the voucher code... but we've snuck into the accounts bit and sorted this out!

Steve

Just saw the email, Steve. Not expected as my bad, but very much appreciated External Media

You know if you keep this up you'll be getting that award again next time they're giving them out.

just ordererd our 1st stuff from lh hope i,ll get a catalouge soon

its great when the catalogue comes through, all the other bills, statements and boring tedious mail stodge gets put aside as i rip open the envelope and the spirits lift knowing that I'll be getting back online to spend money on naughty things to play with. Thanks LH!

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

The LoveHoney magazine is currently a bi-annual magazine but in 2009 we hope to make it more regular - maybe quarterly? Then who knows - it may become a monthly thing, depending on demand!

What does everyone think?

May have to see the effects of the credit crunch... but then with more peeps not working and sitting at home, if they have a place to call home eh !! ooerr a tad difficult to predict isn't it!!!

TB

Oooohhhh looking forward to it already, the mag is fab as it is!

xxx

*'Ask Ruth and Carly'

you two would make great agony aunts!!

*'Hot Topics'

Perhaps gather the most discussed threads and formulate a paragraph about that particular topic? For example, squirting comes up time and time again and keeps reappearing close to the top. A short paragraph and the most 'helpful' toys listed would be good.

*'Forums say the funniest things'

Some of the funniest and most random quips from these forums- would encourage others to join up and we could have a laugh too!