Accidental smut

I'm currently reading the classic that is Bram Stoker's Dracula, and this line made me laugh like a naughty schoolboy, even though I knew what it meant.

After a character's fiance dies his sadness is described as "Poor fellow! He looked desperately sad and broken; even his stalwart manhood seemed to have strunk somewhat under the strain of his much-tried emotions"

My OH asked me what I was laughing at so I read her the passage and she went "What! They can see it through his trousers!" This just made me laugh harder as I explained what Stoker meant.

This completely ruined the poingnancy I think Stoker was trying to achieve.

Just wondering if anyone else has stories of moments like this?

Jimbo J wrote:

I'm currently reading the classic that is Bram Stoker's Dracula, and this line made me laugh like a naughty schoolboy, even though I knew what it meant.

After a character's fiance dies his sadness is described as "Poor fellow! He looked desperately sad and broken; even his stalwart manhood seemed to have strunk somewhat under the strain of his much-tried emotions"

My OH asked me what I was laughing at so I read her the passage and she went "What! They can see it through his trousers!" This just made me laugh harder as I explained what Stoker meant.

This completely ruined the poingnancy I think Stoker was trying to achieve.

Just wondering if anyone else has stories of moments like this?

Please find me a interweb clip!!!! I must see that video!

Errr possibly every third time I talk to some one... I see the naughtiness in most things!

Or make random innuendo jokes at every thing....

Haha, yes, I often find little innuendos rather amusing - particularly when they're in the context of a serious book, or pretentious conversation (you can't be mature and serious all the time)!

Particularly funny when others miss out on the implications of such innuendo? Have a fantastic lecturer who I shouldn't laugh at too much, as clearly these kind of incidents highlight her less-than-perfect grasp of the English language. But being told about a character's considerable 'erection' instead of his considerable 'emotion', and having no clue why the class started sniggering, was REALLY very funny.

must have been HARD for her

lol :)

I remember reading a book in school - cant think what its called - but about a "bates" family and mainly regarding the eldest som of the family who was of course referred to throughout the book as "master bates." This was not good with a bunch of 14 year olds.

I'm sure Arthur Conan Doyle used to use "ejaculate" to mean a sudden burst of speech. As opposed to a sudden rain of jizz.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Oh I can see this being a good thread to cheer yourself up!

I cant remember anything I've heard or read that fits in this.. Though football commentry can be funny to listen to sometimes..

"He got right up in him there"

"Very few can use a ball like he can"

etc...

Yep! Footy does over some dodgy ones!

hahahaha that's awesome...I found a similar accidental inuendo in Middlemarch the other day

"Mr Featherstone rubbed the knob of his stick and made a brief convulsive show of laughter"

xxKPxx

@ KittyPurry That is pretty good (or bad). I find unexpected inuendo just throws off the story.

I've nearly finished Dracula and its just full of inuendo.

The top police chap who was after Ronnie Biggs when he fled the country always makes me laugh.

Chief Det Inspector Dick Slipper!

Classic.

SG69

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

The top police chap who was after Ronnie Biggs when he fled the country always makes me laugh.

Chief Det Inspector Dick Slipper!

Classic.

SG69

Better than being known as Slipper Dick I guess! External Media