Adult acne

I’ve recently come off the mini pill and have no intention of going back onto any contraception anytime soon.

The problem is my skin is quite spotty at the moment. Just several little spots at the moment and my skins a little dry. does anyone have any recommendations of any good products to try.please? I don’t know where to start.

Thanks fizzy

2 Likes

I have a tea tree oil stick which I dab on the spots and it does help clear them up.

Good luck :blush:

1 Like

I love the tea tree witch hazel range at boots, I feel it helps!

1 Like

Can’t recommend any specific products (I just use any face wash and a tea tree spot on thing) but I found the same when I stopped hormonal contraceptives and found it did settle down after a little while, I now only get a few spots at certain times in my cycle. Hope it settles for you soon :blush:

Acnecide. You can buy it over the counter. Tends to bleach your clothing, so I only wear it when I’m naked or wear an old top.
Also, a good retinol serum works great but only to be used about twice a week.

Hey @fizzy!

You’ll want something with salicylic acid in it for spots/breakouts. It’s the only BHA product used in Skincare I believe still (so the only one that goes beneath surface level of skin).

I personally really rate “The Ordinary” skin care brand. I like the Hydraulic Acid for dry skin too :blush:

1 Like

I really rate this too. However the ordinary Salicylic acid has been out of stock for some time with ordinary. Revoloution do the same stuff for a similar price which is usually in stock. They do a specific beamish set, you get 4 bottles of potions for £19.99 I think. I swear by it!

1 Like

Oh yes, forgot about salicylic acid. I too use the ordinary. Wasn’t keen on the revolution one, but everybody’s skin is different and at the price, it’s good to try.

James Welsh on YouTube gives good advise on skincare.

Oh is there a difference between the two? I assumed they’d have all the same stuff in.

My sister uses Ordinary and I use revolution.

I don’t think so, I just felt the revolution one wasn’t for me as I got a few more spots, but it could have been my PCOS that I wasn’t aware I had at the time.

Ahh ok! I thought there might have been something different between the two.

I find the Niacinamide works well too!

Thanks everyone ill take a look. I used to get one really big spot a month and get some stuff from doctors but that was before the pill. These are several little ones .

Thanks hopefully it will I had a really bad migraine last week and I put that down to hormones as well. Hopefully it will all settle down soon.

I have struggled with acne my whole life. It started at 13 and I’m now 33. It’s a lot better now. The only thing that has helped is Liz Earle. I use her moisturiser and a simple cleanser and toner. Hope this helps x

DUAC it is a prescribed medication but it’s a life saver. Also vitamin C oil. They sell it in home bargains 99p and it’s a great copy of the body shop which is £17!! X

Omega 3 Cod liver oil capsules is what you might be looking for, Good for adult acne.