Advice needed on how to respond to my ex

Is this the wedding guy?

In all honesty I’d be calling time on any plans to remain friends. You’ve recognised that this was an issue when in a relationship so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it’s happening now you’re apart.

Time to move on. Life’s too short to waste your efforts on someone who doesn’t appreciate them.

4 Likes

@Rob36 it is indeed the wedding guy. After writing this post you have all made me realise he just isn’t worth my time or effort anymore. @WillC was right with the fact he has commitment issues I can see that clearly now.

4 Likes

@littlespoons you go with your friend and have a lovely time. I think it time to move on and forget the ex. He is an ex for a reason.

2 Likes

Absolutely :100:

1 Like

I can see what you mean. It is in a sense easier to just not go there at all with him. Try and make more of a clean break. It should be better now that am at that point where i don’t care as much. Just going to try and enjoy the summer :sunny::grin:

1 Like

I’ve had people like this in the past who’s always working and has things come up to not do stuff with you and from your side I know how disappointing it is and can make you feel like he’s putting the whole world first over you who is genuinely standing in front of them willing to be there’s :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Annoyingly there’s not way to change them as that’s all down to them to want to make a difference in their cycle so I’d defo try not to get had up on him cancelling and maybe consider in future not bothering to invite him to things…

Is there any chance he cancels meeting up with you on the whim of him being anxious and freaking out last minute?

With the concert tickets, is there literally no one else you know family or friend wise who’d go with you?

In response to his message I’d express to him how much the tickets costed and that they’re non refundable now so if he don’t come you’ll be out of pocket and really upset for not being able to go as well as you don’t want to enjoy it on your own for all the reasons you stated.
It never is easy having an honest talk with someone that is likely to go into an argument but you do need to stick up for your corner on this being so it was booked months in advance so it should take top priority as something that would have been written on the calendar… just try to tackle it in a neutral way so nothing you say can be taken as a means to argue while also getting your say in :relieved:

2 Likes

@AJSTAR I won’t be inviting him to anything in the future. No I don’t think he does cancel plans because of this. I think it’s more if nothing else comes up he would go but as soon as something does regardless of what it is he does that instead. It’s clear am not a priority to him. Like everyone else said I deserve more and am not wasting my time with him anymore.

Luckily I did find a friend to go with. Which has worked out better anyway.

I did tell him that it’s annoying that he cancel plans at the last minute. He just ignored that I said that and said he wasn’t sure how long the meeting would last. He never told me anything about the meeting. He simply said sorry when I said I would go without him. I don’t like to have honest/hard conversation over txt as it can be hard to tell someone’s tone. I wouldn’t phone him either because at this point am over it and am just going to leave it alone. He can do his thing and I will do my own.

2 Likes

Surround yourself with women friends.

The one who agreed to go to the gig with you sounds like a good one! Keep those people close.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes i definitely appreciate her a lot more. It’s always so easy to make plans with her too :grin:

2 Likes

Enjoy the Band live music is fantastic for the soul :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It certainly is. I live for music am very excited to go now :notes::grin:. Got a few more to go to this year as well.

1 Like

Im off to see Whitesnake soon can’t wait ! :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sounds great enjoy :blush:

1 Like

See. So people do want to spend time witb you. Dont let that loser ex make you feel bad about yourself or imply it’s complicated to make plans.

You want to see someone; you make it happen.

1 Like

@elcoh your so right thank you :blush: I need to just ask and not worry about whether they will want to or not. It’s easier to not bother sometimes but am so glad I just asked anyway.

1 Like

I’ve sadly been around too many people like that who’d put everything else first and in hindsight it just shows to you how much you mean to him.

Definitely agree your worth way more than being treated like this and deserve so much better.

I’m really pleased to hear you’ve found a friend as backup to go with and betting you’ll have a way better time at this concert!

Again another fine example of how little he thinks of you by ignoring what you said and made it about his stuff in a way, classic manipulative.
Your definitely being a much better person to rise above and not have it out with him as I sense it would only fall on deaf ears, but at same time I’d have to call him out on how he’s treated you by always putting everything else first :sweat_smile:

Quite proud in the way you’ve handled it all and hope you have a rocking great time at the concert!

3 Likes

Not read through all comments, but from what have seen, have a few comments.
Firstly, it seems like there is still that hope there that something could be rekindled, or he would change and all would then be fine. From what you have said, that kindness and over extending himself, there will be more to it for him, and it’s likely that will not change until he recognizes it.
For yourself, the most sensible thing that pops into my mind is ‘people, places and things - out of our control’.
Perhaps he never planned on going, but was too nice to be open and honest about it. Who knows.
Look at your boundaries, seems like he is crossing them (which led you to finishing things in the first place). The best way to stop that from happening is by taking that opportunity away from him, focus on what’s right for you.

Just read last few entries, sounds like the above is no longer so valid - well done you and hope you really enjoy the performance!

1 Like

@AJSTAR thank you that’s kind of you to say. Am all ready for the night and am definitely going to have a better time then he is regardless of what he is doing.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to have it out with him. But at the same time it’s not worth it and would only probably hurt me in the long run. So it’s time to move on to bigger and better things.

@Mr_Kink1 he was the one to end it and now I can see it was probably for the best. Thank you am very excited for tonight :grin:

Indeed that’s so very true and shows your by far the better person.

1 Like

I have a great night at the gig it was packed and the place was jumping. Can’t wait for my next gig in June now. Thanks for all your advice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes