Advice please

I have now gained the middle aged problem of reduced erection size. To assist me I am considering either a penis pump or a cock ring.
From people’s experiences which would be the best to try.

While cock-rings work fine for me in improving girth I have found they seem to do so at the expense of length (especially if fitted behind the balls). Since I'm naturally better equipped with girth than length this is not an entirely helpful trade-off.

I have, however, found that pelvic floor exercises make a very real difference both to the firmness and size of my erection. These do take quite a bit of effort and concentration over some weeks to get results but I would say they are entirely worth it. I use a simple EMS unit and electrodes to help with them as, that way, it's easy to do say an hour's exercises without even having to think about them.

More recently I have found that my issue is now more one of loss of penile sensitivity (another entirely normal consequence of ageing apparently) and I have found that penis plugs are a great help in restoring the sensations in the head of the penis that are the trigger for the pelvic floor muscles to kick in and pump the erection up. See:-

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/461086-there-is-more-to-a-stiffy-than-meets-the/

Dick, I'm not sure what is middle aged problem.
Coming from the angle of sex performance, are you :

1) getting full erection?
2) able to hold long enough for penetration?
3) is work stressful?

Morning dick, I went through a stage a few years back where I wasn’t exactly getting to my peak down below and the best thing I used was a bathmate
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/brands/bathmate/

They are expensive but it’s nice to lay in the bath and let this do its magic. It does help with blood flow and aids stamina training which will make you last longer too. If you really don’t want to spend an awful lot of money then a basic cock ring will be absolutely fine, I prefer the strap ones personally as they are far more effective and a little more comfortable:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/cock-rings/adjustable-cock-rings/

I hope you find what your looking for

Hi 4 Uonly, I can get an erection, but it is not as strong as it used to be. Also when seeking penetration, let’s just say it wains a bit.

Thanks for your suggestions Gyrator5 and
Lil_known69, they are appreciated. I feel the pelvic exercises would work and may try them.
The Bath mate may be a little expensive at this time.

I swear by metal cock rings. Not for novices though, I would recommend an adjustable one such as these:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27203

If you are still enjoying penetrative sex but more concerned for your partners enjoyment there are extenders available and enjoyable too.

Thanks for your response Rosycheek. I am a novice to cock Rings, I was just wondering which would be best to try. I like the Tracey Cox cock and balls one. But the reviews I have read suggests an adjustable one. Just trying to gauge if they work as good as people say.

Dickiebird wrote:

Also when seeking penetration, let’s just say it wains a bit.

This seems such a common problem - there seem endless threads on the web of guys saying how they can be hard for ages during foreplay only to lose it within a few seconds at the critical moment! I get this quite often so know how you feel about it.

I'm convinced it is down to loss of sensation and have been getting really great results with penis plugs (though I know many guys are very squemish about them)

I started a thread specifically for us 'oldies' which you might find interesting:-

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1554789-oldies-encouragement-thread-sex-toys-are/

Hi there - I went through a period of exactly the same issue and I found a good cock ring helpful.

You might want to consider another option - which for me works very well.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34967

A natural supplement which when used occasionally gives me a very strong and sustainable erection.

Good luck.

Hi Gyrator5, not really thought about a penis plug. Being a novice to this. What affect would it have on an erection and does it give good results.

Hi Mdh, thanks for your reply. This is something else for me to consider. So now I have to try them all out to see which produces the best result. It appears that I have fun times ahead.
Better go and practice. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Dickiebird wrote:

Hi Gyrator5, not really thought about a penis plug. Being a novice to this. What affect would it have on an erection and does it give good results.

The effect of penis plugs is very interesting. When flaccid there can be little or no sensation to wearing one. However, as you start to become erect the penis seems to clamp around the plug and, because the plug is just inside the frenulum - the most sensitive part of the penis - it increases the pleasurable sensation of getting erect quite significantly. I notice that the sensation starts to trigger the semi involuntary tensing of the pelvic floor muscles that are what pump the erection to its full hardness. The sensation can become so strong it borders on the painful but I find it ensures I'm very firm throughout foreplay and stay that way after penetration.

About the only down-side I have found is that, in positions that create a lot of pressure on the underside of the penis it takes a lot of concentration to hold off from orgasm for me to achieve a 'ladies first' finish!

I was worried that the plug might get fired out at ejaculation but with a 'vent' hole down the middle of the plug and with the clamping of the erection it does not happen (at least not for us).

Hi Gyrator53, thanks for your advice. It has been very helpful. I have looked at the Penis Plugs on the Lovehoney site. I have got to say that from what I have read I am in two minds about them. The one I have looked at has a safety device on it so you can not push it in too far. Which one do you have as the one I looked at has the device on top. How would that work when you having intercourse,it must make it uncomfortable for the OH?

Hello Dickiebird!

You have had some fantastic advice but I thought I would let you know what I reccomend for beginners, as we do get this question asked a lot in customer care

I love suggesting these ones as they are stretchy, and you can pick which one suits you the most. Plus you can even put all three together if you're feeling adventerous: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32874

If you wanted a couples one I am a big fan of this one which does not look too intimidating plus you can remove the bullet and have some fun with that too :) https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20525

Hi Lovenhoney-Paige,thanks for your post.
I have looked at a lot of cock Rings on your website. I am a bit undecided of which one to buy. I am leaning to the Tracey Cox Edge stamina double ring. However as this will be my first cock ring, do you think that this would be suitable for a novice?
Thanks Dickiebird

Dickiebird wrote:

Hi 4 Uonly, I can get an erection, but it is not as strong as it used to be. Also when seeking penetration, let’s just say it wains a bit.

I recommend that you see a urologist to determine the root cause. My hub is 65 and after seeing a urologist we continue to have sexual intercourse 3 times a week happily. Once he got so turned on by my gf's red bra visiting us and the next minute we were on the bed. He was super erected.

Dickiebird wrote:

I have looked at the Penis Plugs on the Lovehoney site. I have got to say that from what I have read I am in two minds about them. The one I have looked at has a safety device on it so you can not push it in too far. Which one do you have as the one I looked at has the device on top. How would that work when you having intercourse,it must make it uncomfortable for the OH?

Getting the right plug is slightly difficult as the size (especially the diameter) is critical. The narrowest part of the urethra is just inside - say 10 - 15mm down - and is quite inelastic. If you try a set of rosebud sounds you will find that one size will drop in easily but the next (which in a full set is only 1/3mm bigger in diameter) simply wont go at all. The perfect plug is one that just fits without too much pushing. For intercourse I think the perfect length is only about 25mm with a ball end on the inside and a flatish 'button' on the outside to prevent it going too far inside (though my experience is that they don't do this even without this)

The 'ball' end sits in the fossa navicularis - a short length of the urethra that is bigger in diameter than any other part and is just inside the constriction I mentioned earlier.

To get the perfect fit I resorted in the end to making plugs of graduated sizes from PTFE rod in a lathe. Who knew that a Myford was a sex toy?

Thanks Gyrator53. It appears that the Penis Plugs may be too advanced for me at this time.
I feel that I will try the Tracey Cox Edge Stamina double cock ring. I like the look of it and to be honest the Penis Plugs scare me to death. The thought of me pushing one inside my manhood gives me nightmares. Ouch.

Dickiebird wrote:

The thought of me pushing one inside my manhood gives me nightmares. Ouch.

You are by no means unusual in thinking that!